Assassin's Creed 3 - Initial Impressions (Possible Spoilers)

So I wanted to see everyone else's initial impressions of the new installment into Assassin's Creed.

I got to say, I'm impressed. From the new flow of the combat system, to the streamlined free running and the breathtaking visuals of the Frontier, I think Ubisoft really outdid themselves with the Anvil Next Engine. And I have never played a game in which you randomly come upon an Irish Man and Scots Man who are engaged in a fist fight due to misuse of a word. that was awesome. On top of that, the plot twist within the first 1-3 memory sequences was fantastic and took me a little off guard. Really looking forward to the story on this.

Also really impressed with the situational stealth, such as using bushes and cover to hide your movement. Feels much more fluid as a whole

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my first tasks when I move will be to break brotherhood back out (currently in storage, 80% complete) and finish it so I can move on to 3. I know I probably don't need brotherhood to play 3 since I finished 1 and 2, but I wanna. Plus, it'll give me time to give someone the opportunity to get it as a gift for Christmas or my birthday instead of me buying it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

One of my first tasks when I move will be to break brotherhood back out (currently in storage, 80% complete) and finish it so I can move on to 3. I know I probably don't need brotherhood to play 3 since I finished 1 and 2, but I wanna. Plus, it'll give me time to give someone the opportunity to get it as a gift for Christmas or my birthday instead of me buying it.

I'll say this, if I hadn't finish brotherhood and revelations, I would have been really in the dark. Both Expansions have story info that if you don't get you won't know what's going on. AC III starts you a little after the events of Revelations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I have some gaming to do...

edit: Actually I'm just reading the plots on wiki now because I'm curious. Still going to play through them though.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I might actually pick this up purely for motivational purposes if the stealth and free running is that good :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Combat system is still taking some getting used to it way different in my opinion from previous instalments. Free Running is way better in my opinion. I like the storyline thus far. I have had some major graphics glitches in my game that have bugged me (I fell through a horse i was riding...) but they haven't happened much though that one instance was both funny and frustrating. Other than that its very well put together. Exactly what i expected from the AC series.

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I've never played any of the AC series but I REALLY want to. From what I've heard and seen, it's a very interesting game.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

AC3 is... there are not words for it. Incredible isn't enough. The new freerunning system is amazing, as is the fighting system, not to mention the scenery. The story is great, and the twist in the beginning made me go WTF; I mean, from some actions that Haytham took and some words he said, I was suspecting something weird but not THAT!

I haven't played it since Thursday as I am not home, but tomorrow I will try to complete it. I'm on Sequence 9 at the moment.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WITH DESMOND AND THE PLANET.

Btw, to those of you who haven't played AC: I really recommend you to play all the games, in the right order, to get the most out of it.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I will be playing them all in the right order. This is going to be my main gaming goal once we move, I've heard from multiple sources now that this is the best installment so far in the series.

500 / 330 / 625

I'll say this, if I hadn't finish brotherhood and revelations, I would have been really in the dark. Both Expansions have story info that if you don't get you won't know what's going on. AC III starts you a little after the events of Revelations.

So, um...I'm really interested in AC3, but I haven't played ANY of the others. I am also neurotically twitchy about playing (or reading...or seeing...) things out of order. I also don't really know how expansions for game systems work (I understand it for PC, but can't really wrap my head around the process for, say, XBOX). Should I get AC1 and 2 and any related expansions? Can I just get the two expansions you mentioned (I assume not, given the very nature of expansions, but again, not quite sure how this works...)?

You don't need the expansions just the full games. They are, in order, AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations.

500 / 330 / 625

So, um...I'm really interested in AC3, but I haven't played ANY of the others. I am also neurotically twitchy about playing (or reading...or seeing...) things out of order. I also don't really know how expansions for game systems work (I understand it for PC, but can't really wrap my head around the process for, say, XBOX). Should I get AC1 and 2 and any related expansions? Can I just get the two expansions you mentioned (I assume not, given the very nature of expansions, but again, not quite sure how this works...)?
You don't need the expansions just the full games. They are, in order, AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations.

Yeah, what CoreyD said.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²