My name is Christine, but I'm gonna go by Raynie on the forums.

I've just recently started learning how to eat and work out properly... I did the Couch to 5K and just finished a few weeks ago. I'm happy I was able to complete it, but I'm still not happy with the sort of shape I'm in. I'm an artist and a writer, and my desk job consists of sitting all day, so I really feel like I need to get into doing some sort of regular activity. I'm hoping the community here will help for that. Everyone here seems really nice and supportive (judging by my creepy silent browsing so far... haha :P).

Over the next couple of months, I hope to get my body strength up, or at least just to get myself into shape. I started the Paleo diet this week, and it seems to be going okay so far.

I was going to start with the Beginner Body Weight routine; does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really just starting from nothing... my arms are pretty weak and I have pretty much no back muscle.

It's good to meet you! I'm very optimistic about things.

Raynie

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Raynie, level 1 Wood elf ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

My Challenge

Welcome, Raynie!

The beginner body weight workout is a great place to start. The nice part is it can be adjusted to your fitness level.

Congrats on the couch to 5k! That is impressive!

Feel free to ask any questions, the people here are very cool.

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Hi Raynie! Welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm starting out with the Angry Birds workout routine for two reasons. First, there are only four moves to learn and focus on. Second, I get to give myself STARS at the end of each workout. And this delights me. I am in the habit of overwhelming myself with too much, too fast, so this seemed like the perfect workout to start with. I was worried at first, because it doesn't feel like I'm doing *enough* (srsly, what does that even mean?!) but I worked out yesterday, and I'm definitely feeling it today :)

Good luck, and again, welcome!

I started out with the beginners body weight training 2x a week, interval training 2x a week, and a long walk 1x week. Angry Birds looks like a good workout too, but I haven't tried it. Whatever you pick, tailor it down to your starting point so that you're not dying the next day.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit