Comics, Fantasy Novels, improv, and Weightlifting?

Hi everyone!

I'm a lifelong nerd/geek, but have in the past few years gotten really into physical fitness in general, and weightlifting in particular.

Growing up, I was the classic short/scrawny kid who got teased/beaten up for loving Star Trek, fantasy novels, and comics.

As an adult, I got a degree in theater, then headed out west. I moved from Massachusetts to Chicago to perform improv.

Now, by day, I work for World Book Encyclopedia, and at night I perform improv comedy at iO Chicago, including a Star Trek themed improv show. In my spare non-work, non-performing time, I lift weights like my life depended on it.

In terms of goals, I really just want to get bigger. I'm sure this has something to do with a small-man's complex, but whatever. I've gained roughly 40 pounds since college, but I still want to gain more. Short term, I'm actually starting to lean out a little after bulking all Winter.

I'm glad to be here with so many other nerd fitness enthusiasts!

Hi everyone!

I'm a lifelong nerd/geek, but have in the past few years gotten really into physical fitness in general, and weightlifting in particular.

Growing up, I was the classic short/scrawny kid who got teased/beaten up for loving Star Trek, fantasy novels, and comics.

As an adult, I got a degree in theater, then headed out west. I moved from Massachusetts to Chicago to perform improv.

Now, by day, I work for World Book Encyclopedia, and at night I perform improv comedy at iO Chicago, including a Star Trek themed improv show. In my spare non-work, non-performing time, I lift weights like my life depended on it.

In terms of goals, I really just want to get bigger. I'm sure this has something to do with a small-man's complex, but whatever. I've gained roughly 40 pounds since college, but I still want to gain more. Short term, I'm actually starting to lean out a little after bulking all Winter.

I'm glad to be here with so many other nerd fitness enthusiasts!

Hey Robbersean, glad to have ya man. Where were you in Massachusetts? I grew up on Cape Cod.

And there are a few of us on here (myself included) who are looking to bulk up, mostly hanging out in the Muscle Building Brigade Section.

What kind of workout are you doing currently?

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

I grew up on the North shore (Newburyport specifically) but my fiance is from Martha's Vineyard (we met at UMass Amherst). Right now, I'm lifting weights five days a week, splitting up body parts by day, and incorporating supersets. I just started to do some High Intensity Interval training as I try to lean out a bit for Summer.