Livingroovy's Build Habits & Kick @$$ Til Year End Challenge!

livingroovy

Day 1: Report

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: left]

Handstands

Yes

1/1

Home Yoga

Yes

1/1

Meditation

Yes

1/1

Computer off

Yes

1/1

[/table]

Looks like you had a fantastic first day! I'm impressed!!

Level 1 Druid
STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2
Garg 'nuair dhùisgear

Day 2: Report

Handstands

Yes

2/2

Home Yoga

Yes

2/2

Meditation

Yes

2/2

Computer off

Yes

2/2

[/table]

So many handstands!!! This was the best idea ever.

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Making it happen girl! Way to go.

Also, I would try handstands at my office, but the only free space is next to a 1/2 wall and I'm not sure how that would go over.... well... I think my feet would go over. Maybe I'll do some arm balances when my office mates are out.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

mmm handstands. i can't wait until i shake this cold so i can do some.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Day 2: Report

HandstandsYes2/2Home YogaYes2/2MeditationYes2/2Computer offYes2/2

[/table]

Yay! Way to be :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 4 Fairy Druid

STR: 10 DEX: 8.5 STA: 11.5 CON:12.25 WIS:13.25 CHA:10

My Challenge Thread

My Challenge Spreadsheet

"You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a clubâ€

~ Jack London

Love it! You're mad baller, yo.

And I got my upside-down minute in today. I wonder how long this will last?

Yes, it was. It's now a side quest of mine.

All of this is very excellent, friend. I love your side quests!

great first day!

Thank you!!

Woo hoo! You're off to an awesome start. Keep it up!

You've also made me want to try and do a handstand for my next challenge. I'm going to start working up my upper body and core strength in this one!

Eridian-- love that!! Being upside down is the silliest and most fun feeling :) You got it!

I'm glad your first day went well! And it's gonna keep going well! Good habits are so important! Keep it up! Some day I hope to be able to spend some time upside down

Thank you!!! I appreciate the encouragement :)

You will!

This hand-stand thing is catching... I wanna have a go. No, wait, I just had dinner.....

Right, tomorrow I am so going to go upside down!!

lol did you?? I've made the mistake of full belly handstands before... it feels all strange on the inside.

Looks like you had a fantastic first day! I'm impressed!!

Thank you!

I'm officially in love with this challenge =D

:D Thanks!!!

Making it happen girl! Way to go.

Also, I would try handstands at my office, but the only free space is next to a 1/2 wall and I'm not sure how that would go over.... well... I think my feet would go over. Maybe I'll do some arm balances when my office mates are out.

-jj

haha there you go! Make it work!

mmm handstands. i can't wait until i shake this cold so i can do some.

Hope you are feeling better and all sorts of upside down right now!

Yay! Way to be :)

Thanks!

Yay! Challenges should also be fun!

Agree!! I used to be too serious about goals. Now they are all fun, or at least I approach them in a way that makes them fun!

PS: I decided that due to my craziness, I will be doing weekly check-ins on everyone's challenges. I want to be able to keep up with everyone, but if I try every day I will get out of control!! Love you all-- if you have any questions about the challenges, about yoga, about life, etc... and want a faster response, PM me and I'll get back to you!!

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Day 3: Report

Handstands

Yes

3/3

Home Yoga

Yes

3/3

Meditation

Yes

3/3

Computer off

Yes

3/3

[/table]

Crazy day... did all of this before I went to sleep last night. Cool though, because I slept like a ROCK.

Day 4: Report

Handstands

Yes

4/4

Home Yoga

Yes

4/4

Meditation

Yes

4/4

Computer off

Yes

4/4

[/table]

Today was the first day I did the handstands/yoga/meditation right away in the morning... set a great tone for the day and I got a lot of work done! Going to bed in 45 minutes so this is my last bit of internet-ing.

You're doing so great! I love the handstand challenge...Maybe I should be upside down? I dont know how many years its been since I did a handstand...and I used to do gymnastics all the time! why do we stop?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Satyr Druid

| STR:1 | DEX:2 | STA:2 | CON:2 | WIS:4 | CHA:4 |

I am a leaf on the wind...

You are on a good streak. Keep it up.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Hey, whatever it takes to relax into sleep. That's where it's at, right?

Definitely. I've been sleeping so well, it's crazy. I guess that's one benefit of having too much going on?

You're doing so great! I love the handstand challenge...Maybe I should be upside down? I dont know how many years its been since I did a handstand...and I used to do gymnastics all the time! why do we stop?

I know it's so silly! I teach kids yoga and toddler tumbling classes and every single time I'm like NEVER STOP DOING THIS.

You are on a good streak. Keep it up.

Thanks Erick!!! :)

Day 4: Report

Handstands

Yes

4/4

Home Yoga

Yes

4/4

Meditation

Yes

4/4

Computer off

Yes

4/4

[/table]

Today was the first day I did the handstands/yoga/meditation right away in the morning... set a great tone for the day and I got a lot of work done! Going to bed in 45 minutes so this is my last bit of internet-ing.

You are going strong! I'm very impressed!!

Level 1 Druid
STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2
Garg 'nuair dhùisgear

I know it's so silly! I teach kids yoga and toddler tumbling classes and every single time I'm like NEVER STOP DOING THIS.

If only you could get their moms in the class, too! (unless you're teaching the tykes while Mom is in the grown-up yoga class). I needed some reminding that I could still do this stuff.

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

You are going strong! I'm very impressed!!

Thank you! I've had a year to build challenge habits :)

If only you could get their moms in the class, too! (unless you're teaching the tykes while Mom is in the grown-up yoga class). I needed some reminding that I could still do this stuff.

Sometimes parents stay and play, but a lot of times they are working out, too. But the training centers I teach at offer all sorts of good classes, including adult gymnastics-- tumbling, handstands, cartwheels, etc! So fun.

Day 5: Report

Handstands

Yes

5/5

Home Yoga

Yes

5/5

Meditation

Yes

5/5

Computer off

Yes

5/5

[/table]

Feeling good about all of this! Life was actually ridiculously crazy this week and I am having some issues with work and relationships that are too wrapped up in the personal to really be able to be professional... but I'm hoping to get everything figured out and behind me before I go to San Francisco next week.

Yesterday I had my chakras read, which is always fun, and not surprisingly I need some grounding! She said my foundation is in transition and I am not sure of my place in this moment-- which is funny, because I've been dreaming more and more about long term travel lately, and questioning if some of all of the various jobs that I do are still worth it. Giving myself the space to do some yoga and to sit has been amazing this week in terms of remaining calm and okay.

The real challenge in this challenge will begin on Wednesday-- when I leave at 4:30am for the airport to go to San Francisco for the week.... visiting some old friends for Thanksgiving and exploring a new city! It's easy to be in my own space and do these things every day-- someone else's space will be a whole different story to navigate!

I'm sad I didn't check in sooner! Great goals!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Day 6: Report

HandstandsYes6/6Home YogaYes6/6MeditationYes6/6Computer offYes

[td]6/6/td]

[/table]

Day 7: Report

HandstandsYes7/7Home YogaYes7/7MeditationYes7/7Computer offYes

[td]7/7[td]

[/table]

Week 1 Summary

Doing well!

7/7 on all counts =A all around.

I only managed to catch up on a couple of threads... sorry y'all.

This week, more of the same!

Plan for San Francisco:

Computer off shouldn't be a problem, as I will be with friends.

Handstands, easy... I do those everywhere.

Yoga + Meditation-- going to have to just tell them I need to be alone for like 25 minutes to practice, OR get them to practice with me!

Anyone doing anything exciting for Thanksgiving (if in the USA)?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines