Livingroovy's Build Habits & Kick @$$ Til Year End Challenge!

livingroovy

I hope your travels are great fun, and you make time to maintain your good habits. We are going to visit family on Thankgiving and spend a day on the beach the day after, although it will be probably too cool to get in.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Straight As, not really surprising :)

Keep strong now that it's vacation time! I'm not doing anything super exciting, just going to my sister's lake house in New Hampshire. Should be fun!

Hope the lake house was great!! And that you didn't overdose too much :)

Be going home, myself. It'll be a small road trip, about three to four hours. That'll be the perfect chance to dust off the Traveler's Sequence - the road yoga routine that Steve posted up on MDA a while ago.

Get 'em to practice with you! They'll thank you later. :)

So true! I've only managed to convince one of them... but that's okay. So fun!

How did the Traveler's Sequence work out for you?

I hope your travels are great fun, and you make time to maintain your good habits. We are going to visit family on Thankgiving and spend a day on the beach the day after, although it will be probably too cool to get in.

Thanks Erick! How was the beach?? I stuck my feet in the ocean today...completely freezing but worth it!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Day 8 Report

[table=width: 500, class: outer_border, align: left]

Handstands

Yes

8/8

Home Yoga

Yes

8/8

Meditation

Yes

8/8

Computer off

Yes

8/8

[/table]

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Day 9 Report

Handstands

Yes

9/9

Home Yoga

Yes

9/9

Meditation

Yes

9/9

Computer off

Yes

9/9

[/table]

Day 10 Report

Travel day... no longer at 100% :(

Handstands

Yes

10/10

Home Yoga

Yes

9/10

Meditation

Yes

10/10

Computer off

Yes

10/10

[/table]

Day 11 Report

Back on track, even with Thanksgiving! So much food. Yum.

Handstands

Yes

11/11

Home Yoga

Yes

10/11

Meditation

Yes

11/11

Computer off

Yes

11/11

[/table]

Day 12 Report

Handstands

Yes

12/12

Home Yoga

Yes

11/12

Meditation

Yes

12/12

Computer off

Yes

12/12

[/table]

How did the Traveler's Sequence work out for you?

Well, it's worked great when I've had the chance to do it. Most of the driving and getting me around has been done by other people who, for the most part, have decided to simply go and go and go and that be the end of it. I haven't really had the chance to practice on the trip. :(

i want a full vacation report!

i love san fran.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Oh boy y'all I'm back from San Francisco... and completely in love. That may be my next spot to live for sure.

So many things happening. Solid chance I have to check out from the forums. Still going to keep up with my challenge... but now I have to play catch up with work and such so I may be MIA for longer than I want to :(

Hope everyone in the states had a magical Thanksgiving and that we are all getting back on track from the eating and the eating and the eating.

(Pretty sure I gained a bunch of weight.... don't know haven't weighed myself in a long time but I feel yucky... thank you sourdough bread! I don't regret it.)

I'll do my best to check in and see everyone!!

Day 16 Report

Handstands

Yes

16/16

Home Yoga

Yes

15/16

Meditation

Yes

16/16

Computer off

Yes

16/16

[/table]

Still solid. I want to refine the challenge and really try and do the first three parts in the morning. With travel it was easy some days, hard others. It will be good to keep in mind that the purpose of this challenge is to help me build a solid morning ritual (& evening eventually).

Don't move to San Fran -- they have plenty of cool yoga teachers! You should live someplace like my town, where we don't have enough and you are appreciated (although things are getting better).

But I might move too if I could get good sourdough.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I miss you guys! Really sorry I've been completely not present on the forums :(

Good news though-- Mr. Tin Man and I have been talking (well, a brief facebook exchange) about attempting a Nerd Fitness live yoga class via Google+ ...never done anything like that before, but I think it would be a lot of fun!! It may not happen until the new year, but I would love to know if there is interest!

Also, still going strong on my challenge! I also started the Impossible Abs program from Joel Runyon... After September things got so busy I slipped back into a lot of old eating patterns. Plus one of my friends challenged me that I couldn't do it because it's paleo-based. And I've never done Intermittent Fasting before. Completely insane, but there you are.

How are everyone's handstands? I'm upside down a lot!! :)

Day 23 Report

Handstands

23/23

Home Yoga

22/23

Meditation

23/23

Computer off

22/23

[/table]

Cool!

We miss you, too. But there is more important stuff than reports. The rebellion is in your heart. No matter how often you update your post here...

Keep on rocking.

We need good yoga teachers in Germany, too.

I would love a g+ yoga session. Heres your beta tester, so maybe just do it instead of long planning?

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Challenge End Report

Hey all, Happy Christmas time! I obviously haven't been on the forums at all, but I've been keeping up with my challenge. Looking forward to more space in January to be active again around these parts.

1. 1 Minute of Handstands Every Single Day. // +2[sTR] +2[sTA]

A=40+ Days, B=35-39 Days, C=30-34 Days, D=25-29 Days, F=24 or less Days

Final Result: 42 Days = A = +2[sTR] +2[sTA]

2. 10+ Minutes of Yoga AT HOME Every Single Day. // +4[DEX]

Final Result: 36 Days = B = +3[DEX]

(Also, fun fact-- I successfully did eka pada raja kapotasana twice, which was a challenge goal back in July. Excitement!)

3. 10 Minutes of Meditation Every Single Day. // +2[WIS] +2[CHA]

Final Result: 34 Days = C = +1[WIS] +1[CHA]

4. Work Done/Computer Off 30+ Minutes Before Sleep. // +2[CON] +1[CHA]

Final Result: 40 Days = A = +2[CON] +1[CHA]

Overall Challenge Grade: B+

I wasn't perfectly consistent, but am much more likely to do all these things every day. Turning off my computer has been the best thing, and while I still resist meditation, I'm learning to find it in small moments throughout the day when I get anxious or annoyed or overwhelmed. Breathing is awesome.

Starting Stats:

[sTR] - 13.3 // [DEX] - 8.25 // [sTA] - 12 // [CON] - 13 // [WIS] - 14.55 // [CHA] - 11.6

Ending Stats:

[sTR] - 15.3 // [DEX] - 11.25 // [sTA] - 14 // [CON] - 15 // [WIS] - 11.55 // [CHA] - 13.6

Level Up!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines