Put One Foot in Front of the Other

Elastigirl

Good challenge! Your goals have a totality of life perspective. The seasonal mood swings are no joke, I've seen them shut people down, especially come February. Post frequently so we can cheer you on frequently. Maybe this will help take the sting out of the grey skies?

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Awesome start, as expected! You continue to be an inspiration.

I had a similar experience with Dive Bombers, I think because they're all about form--just getting the form down improved my numbers significantly.

You might be right on the form thing. And the form of them came easier to me.

Good challenge! Your goals have a totality of life perspective. The seasonal mood swings are no joke, I've seen them shut people down, especially come February. Post frequently so we can cheer you on frequently. Maybe this will help take the sting out of the grey skies?

Yea, I'll count on you guys to cheer me up.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Great job of keeping momentum going even though being on low energy! :D

Also great job of saying no to all the temptation around :)

The new you is gonna kick ass this challenge, I know it!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Winter does beckon hibernation. We should all move to California.

But barring that, I think it's a good idea to take a lesson from kids. They love every season. Spring: playground! Biking! Summer: beach! Sprinkeler! Ice cream! Fall: leaves! Hot chocolate! Bonfires! Winter: Ice skating! hot chocolate! Snowmen! Sledding! Snowboarding!

Notice that there are a lot of positives involved with winter.

And for the divebombers, my form likely does suck. I can do it one way, but I can't reverse the motion back to the start without breaking. Blah...

i still bask in your awesomeness.

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Winter does beckon hibernation. We should all move to California.

But barring that, I think it's a good idea to take a lesson from kids. They love every season. Spring: playground! Biking! Summer: beach! Sprinkeler! Ice cream! Fall: leaves! Hot chocolate! Bonfires! Winter: Ice skating! hot chocolate! Snowmen! Sledding! Snowboarding!

Notice that there are a lot of positives involved with winter.

And for the divebombers, my form likely does suck. I can do it one way, but I can't reverse the motion back to the start without breaking. Blah...

i still bask in your awesomeness.

Part of me has always wanted to move to California. And work at Disneyland. I love fall on those cold, crisp, days. I love to take a walk and see all the beautiful colors of the leaves and hear the crunch of dry leaves undrfoot. And warm comfort food-more squash! But I struggle with the days of end of dark,gray,rain, that we have here. I need to find something I like about them, but so far, I just find them blah.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Great job of keeping momentum going even though being on low energy! :D

Also great job of saying no to all the temptation around :)

The new you is gonna kick ass this challenge, I know it!

Thanks Kibcy

But I struggle with the days of end of dark,gray,rain, that we have here. I need to find something I like about them, but so far, I just find them blah.
1. Splashing in puddles

2. No need to wear sunscreen

3. Do you have a fun coat/hat/scarf? Having an awesome peice of warm weather gear that you can't WAIT to wear helps.

4. Does it get cold enough for ice skating?

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

1. Splashing in puddles

2. No need to wear sunscreen

3. Do you have a fun coat/hat/scarf? Having an awesome peice of warm weather gear that you can't WAIT to wear helps.

4. Does it get cold enough for ice skating?

Thanks good thought. Have to find my inner kid and do some puddle splashing

I LOVE MY NEW JUMP ROPE!

I bought myself a new beaded jump rope to replace my speed plastic one. And I absolutely LOVE it! Grabbed the rope and was able to do 100 jumps without any misses. So much easier. It's like I suddenly gained 1000 dexterity points overnight. If you want to learn to jump rope or are struggling-go for a beaded rope. It was only $7 at Wal Mart.

Day 2-

warm up-This is going to be my standard glute warm up- reps listed are per side

10 clam shell

10 reverse lunge (each side)

10 fire hydrant

10 hip flexor stretch

10 hip circles

10 bridege-with 5 sec hold at top

10 bridge single leg

10 Single leg dead lift

plow

Workout:

shoulder elevated hip thrust 20 lb 12-12-12 in between sets hollow hold 60 sec (knees bent feet on ground) 30 sec-30 sec feet up

KB swings-5 minutes- 10-15 reps with 20-30 sec break for 5 minutes

My unscored challenge is to eventually do this for 12 min. Normally I could do them for 7 minutes before I get too tired and have lousy form. However I'm still battling a cold.Figured something is better than nada.

2 1 min mobility squats

Crow 6 sets at 10 seconds each Even though it is no longer a challenge goal I'm stll working on getting this to 60 seconds. Plan now is to do them for 10 seconds each for 6 reps, When I smash that and it is easy I'll do 3 sets of 20 seconds

Single leg dead-lift 20 lb 12-12-12

Rolling plank of Doom(aptly named in this assassin's opinion) 30 sec each plank for 2 rotation

2 more 1 min mobility squats

Day 3

Shoulder arm warm up

10 scapula retraction

10 hip flexor

10 shoulder rotates

10 wall shoulder slides

10 shoulder dislocates

10 dive bombers

10 incline push up

1 min halo with KB

2:45 TGU on each side with 15 lb KB

handstand practice on wall-really struggling here, I kick up on the wall and then move my hands back.But I lose strength before I am 90 degrees vertical

crow -10 secs 6 reps-nailed it today very consistent. there is 1 rep I didn't make

I did sets of flex/dead hangs along with 1 legged yoga poses. Hmm not at the same tim Did a hang hold then the yoga-just a note for clarity

dead hang 5 secs/5sec/5sec tree pose 60 sec (each side)/extended leg 60 sec/warrior III 6o sec/pistol pose 30 sec

flex hang 10 sec/10 sec/10 sec

mobility squat 2 60 sec squat Right now I am trying to be able to work up to do 10 1 minute squats. I do some during the workout, and some in the evening. I'm at about 6 60 second reps, before my ankle complains. I think tomorrow I'll try and do some in the morning too

I bought myself a new beaded jump rope to replace my speed plastic one.

Are the beads plastic or something that has some weight?

I managed to do jumproping (jumping rope?) one time from a text encouragement from the wife, then when she visited this weekend she stole it! It was made of normal rope but the handles were metal and weighted. I managed to get all the way to 27 after about a half hour!

Star Captain Allen 

カンタンニã€ã‚¤ã‚«ãƒŠã‚¤ã‚«ãƒ©ã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ†ãƒ¦ã‚±ãƒ«

Kantan ni, ikanai kara ikite yukeru

Because life's not easy, that's why I can live. - Yui

I bought myself a new beaded jump rope to replace my speed plastic one.

Are the beads plastic or something that has some weight?

I managed to do jumproping (jumping rope?) one time from a text encouragement from the wife, then when she visited this weekend she stole it! It was made of normal rope but the handles were metal and weighted. I managed to get all the way to 27 after about a half hour!

Nope, no weight, nothing fancy. My goal is to simply just build consitency with my jumping

Heya Elastigirl! Just lending my support, to you until I saw "Turkish get-ups" and "Refraining from sweets" but now, I'm just here to see you rock this challenge!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Heya Elastigirl! Just lending my support, to you until I saw "Turkish get-ups" and "Refraining from sweets" but now, I'm just here to see you rock this challenge!

Thanks

Hey there EG! You've been such a great support to me over the past few challenges, I can't believe this is the first time I'm visiting your thread! Bad LRB, bad.

Like you, I need Dory and Winston Churchill ("When you're going through hell, keep going") to get me through winter. I'm pretty sure a Caribbean vacation would help, too, but that's not in the cards.

Your challenge sounds great, and I look forward to watching you kick its tuchus!!! Go Elastigirl, go!

Oh, and WTF is a divebomber? [LRB wanders off to do some google research]

[Okay, I'm back -- holy sh!t - I have no desire whatsoever EVER to do one of those and deeply regret that I saw that video because now I fear that I'll walk near to my crossfit coach and he'll pluck them right out of my brain and they'll wind up on a workout. Yikes! You GO girl!]

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Hey there EG! You've been such a great support to me over the past few challenges, I can't believe this is the first time I'm visiting your thread! Bad LRB, bad.

Like you, I need Dory and Winston Churchill ("When you're going through hell, keep going") to get me through winter. I'm pretty sure a Caribbean vacation would help, too, but that's not in the cards.

Your challenge sounds great, and I look forward to watching you kick its tuchus!!! Go Elastigirl, go!

Oh, and WTF is a divebomber? [LRB wanders off to do some google research]

[Okay, I'm back -- holy sh!t - I have no desire whatsoever EVER to do one of those and deeply regret that I saw that video because now I fear that I'll walk near to my crossfit coach and he'll pluck them right out of my brain and they'll wind up on a workout. Yikes! You GO girl!]

Ha, not bad BRB, busy LRB. I like to lurk (stakl?) your posts when I need some motivation. When I start giving excuses like I'm too busy, most the people on this board are so young no wonder they can do it, I read your posts and get inspired to just do it.

Don't think any nore about the dive bombers, instead fill your mid with thoughts of the Carribean cruise, and maybe your crossfit trainer will pluck THAT out of your brain and tell you you're the winner of an all expenses paid trip to the Carribean.

You know that means you should definitely be doing them, right? :P

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

I am not sure how I missed your thread, but I did. </LAME>

Awesome to have you back, and I love the theme of your challenge, not only because I'm a sucker for Christmas claymation but also because I'm a big fan of the one step at a time approach. Good on you for recognizing where you struggle and focusing on avoiding those pitfalls and moving in the right direction.

P.S. I live in California and despite its reputation winter hits here too and the doldrums come with it. ;)

P.P.S. Your workouts have been amazeballs as per your usual! Most excellent start to the challenge!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I am not sure how I missed your thread, but I did. </LAME>

Awesome to have you back, and I love the theme of your challenge, not only because I'm a sucker for Christmas claymation but also because I'm a big fan of the one step at a time approach. Good on you for recognizing where you struggle and focusing on avoiding those pitfalls and moving in the right direction.

P.S. I live in California and despite its reputation winter hits here too and the doldrums come with it. ;)

P.P.S. Your workouts have been amazeballs as per your usual! Most excellent start to the challenge!

Wwit, wait I thought California was the and of eternal sushine. Surely you must be mistaken!

Wwit, wait I thought California was the and of eternal sushine. Surely you must be mistaken!

Wasn't Florida the sunshine state?

I have a picture of when I was 3 taken in November in Florida... I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and shorts!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I have a picture of when I was 3 taken in November in Florida... I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and shorts!

i

True, that is why eveyone wants to retire there.

I didn't post the second half of my workouts for the week. And I don't really want to take the time to do a detailed posting now. I will just give a summary and highlight

THURSDAY:. Thursday is my static holds day and yoga poses.Did TGU"S, crow, wall handstand (attempt), various yoga leg balances, flex and dead hang on pull up bar, jump rope and mobility squats

FRIDAY: Leg day. This challenge I am picking a day and focusing on one area instead of circuit. Must have worked for the legs-I had some serious DOMS the next day. Did jump rope,KB deadlifts,weighted lunge walks,shrimp squat(first attempt at these,more practice than muscle effort at this point)KB goblet squat, box jumps, and mobility squats

SATURDAY: Changing the TGU goal a bit, after rereading the instructions. Here's my note from the goal section

Editing this goal because.. I ..uh .. read the book wrong:redface: I'm doing the workout fron Enter The Kettlebell and I thought it was 5 minutes each side, which just seemed odd, so I looked it up again. Its 5:00 minutes total-which I did last time. So, now my goal is to get up to 5 minutes TOTAL again, only I'll up the weight.

updated goal TGU"S total time 5 minutes with 15lb kb

So, did 2:30 with 15lb weight. Which may be Barbie doll weight to some, but ok I was dying by the end of the time. You know how your staring at the timer waiting for it to just hurry up and finish so you can be done? That is what I was doing and then I just sort of collapsed at the end.

I also practiced handstand progressions. I am so excited. BIgm1414 gave me this link http://www.pandf.com.au/docs/2012/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf Which was so helpful. It shows how to work yourself up to a wall handstand. My method of just flying against the wall and praying I could soemhow figure out how to balance myself was getting really frustrated, so I'm uber excited about this.

I also did the bodyline workout from the link. Which is basically Rolling Plank O Doom (which sounds way more badass than bodyline) + superman and hollow hold

I've worked up to doing 2 minute mobility squats. Which I'm fairly happy with. I do have to hold on to something for balance though. I have to say I always feel very silly squatting with my arms out in front of me holding a nearby table. It makes me think of the movies where women are squatting to give birth and I keep thinking someone is going to come in and yell at me to push. But thats just my own little weird sense of humor.

IDK I was in florida once and it was 30 degrees and I got the flu......

I also practiced handstand progressions. I am so excited. BIgm1414 gave me this link http://www.pandf.com.au/docs/2012/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf Which was so helpful. It shows how to work yourself up to a wall handstand. My method of just flying against the wall and praying I could soemhow figure out how to balance myself was getting really frustrated, so I'm uber excited about this.

I also did the bodyline workout from the link. Which is basically Rolling Plank O Doom (which sounds way more badass than bodyline) + superman and hollow hold

I've worked up to doing 2 minute mobility squats. Which I'm fairly happy with. I do have to hold on to something for balance though. I have to say I always feel very silly squatting with my arms out in front of me holding a nearby table. It makes me think of the movies where women are squatting to give birth and I keep thinking someone is going to come in and yell at me to push. But thats just my own little weird sense of humor.

That is hillarious...

And that looks like a great handstand progression! I'm told "facing the wall" creates much better form.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines