Put One Foot in Front of the Other

Elastigirl

I've been out of America too long, because I saw that and I was like "idunno, 30 sounds pretty warm to me". Stupid American measurements.

HAHA yeah that was my initial thought as well!! Then I realized that right now over here it's about that warm in F.

Anyway, EG, you sound so kick ass with all that you do!!! Keep rocking!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I've been out of America too long, because I saw that and I was like "idunno, 30 sounds pretty warm to me". Stupid American measurements.

Ha, perhaps a sign you have totally adopted your new home?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Goal #1 Do 5 minutes of TGU with 15lbs

Week one was 2:30 . I only did this once, the other times I was using a 10lb weight (see explantion in earlier post)It was really tough and I barely made it. Week 2 is supposed to be 3:00. Hmmm we'll see how that gooes

[b]Goal #2 Mobility squats, Work up to 2 5 minute sessions. Made it up to 2 minutes this week. However, i never made it fpr a total of 10 minutes. Week 2, if I can do 2 minutes, that is only 5x a day, so should be easier to fit into my schedule

Goal #3- No more than 2 sweets a week (allowing more on 85% dark chocolate) : Done, just had a truffle on Saturday evening with friends

Life goal :Scrapbook;Nada, nothing, zilch,

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm curious, are you going to post a picture of your scrapbook when you're finished?

Other than that, it seems like you're holding your own against this challenge! Nice!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Goal #1 Do 5 minutes of TGU with 15lbs

Week one was 2:30 . I only did this once, the other times I was using a 10lb weight (see explantion in earlier post)It was really tough and I barely made it. Week 2 is supposed to be 3:00. Hmmm we'll see how that gooes

You can do it!!!

congrats on the sweets goal too!

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

You can do it!!!

congrats on the sweets goal too!

Thanks! I actually did do the TGU for 3 minutes...and it was easier than Friday's 2:30. Go figure? Sometimes my body just does it and sometimes it doesn't

Seems like you're working hard toward reaching your goals, keep trucking!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Thanks! I actually did do the TGU for 3 minutes...and it was easier than Friday's 2:30. Go figure? Sometimes my body just does it and sometimes it doesn't

Awesomesauce! Probably all those muscles building while you were resting.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Yessssssssssssssss. I read your thread title and hoped so hard that you were referencing the movie. :D

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Cannot BELIEVE I haven't posted here yet. Travesty. You've got some incredibly hard goals! Looking forward to seeing you meet them! You're gonna rock it. Also wanted you to know you're creating a sledgehammer monster.

RAWR -The world needs more sledgehammer monsters. I put my hammer in the garage for this challenge so I could focus on my KB. But, I walked by it today, and it called out to me forlornly asking why I had abandoned it, so I my have to take it out for a swing on Saturday.

MONDAY-

Arms

warmup

jumprope/march 5 minutes

TGU 15lb 3 minutes

crow -6 sets of 10 sec

handstand progression knees bent

push up 7/7/7/7

inverted rows 6/6/6/6

2 2 min squat during rests

elevated pike 6/5/4

heartbeat carry 15 lb

plank o' doom 45 sec + hollow hold and arch

TUESDAY

glutes

warmup hip flexor stretch,hip circles,donkey kicks, clamshell, reverse lunges,bridge, SL deadlift

bridge hold 60 seconds

single leg shoulder elevated bridge ,no weight 15 lb, 20 lb (each side) 6/6/5

Single leg deadlift 20lb 13/13/13

reverse lunge 20 lb 6/6/6

9 minutes kb

5 2 minute squats

Food:

I am going to bring my own dessert for Thursday so I can have a Paleo dessert

Pumpkin spice cakes

http://beta.primal-palate.com/recipe/pumpkin-spice-squares-with-toasted-coconut/

Food thoughts- I already blew my 2 sweets a week goal for this week. At least it was on Paleo food, so it was gluten free. Wednesday evening I decided to make some pumpkin muffins for dessert since my college son was going to be there for dinner. I decided it was worth a cheat-a decision I am happy with. HOWEVER, the mistake I made was putting out the entire basket of muffins after dinner while we sat and chatted. I ate several muffins. Lesson learned, half the recipe or put half the muffins in the freezer. When it comes to treats my constitution points are low and I just eat what is in front of me.

Good news was that I did avoid the muffins and cinnamon roll things that were out for Thanksgiving. Store bought goodies really just don't tempt me any more so that is great. I brought my own dessert (which my extended family looked at disdainfully sigh) . But again, the whole dessert was sitting in front of me, and I ate 3 pieces. Once I start eating it, really hard for me to stop. So if I am going to cheat, I need to take 1 piece, and put the rest away from the table. Did pretty good on the dinner, avoided the stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy, and had sweet potatoes and turkey and salad. Had too many helpings of the sweet potato and carrots. Oh, and had a glass of sparkling cider for dinner. Felt really tired and lethargic after dinner, like eating too much especially carbs

WORKING OUT-

WEDNESDAY is static day

Warm up

jump rope

TGU- 15 lbs 3 minutes

Plank o doom 45 sec 2 circuit

modified wall handstand practice

crow pratice

tree pose,eagle pose, chair pose 60 secs each

flex hang 10 sec

dead hang 10 sec

THURSDAY

pulled out my Sledgehammer of Doom and did 14 minutes of that and then 7 minutes of KB swings. I was busy fixing food so didn't have much time, but figured I better do something to earn at least some of the carbs I would be eating.

Today is Friday and we're off to another family dinner. Going to try and eat smaller portions today, And have water to drink.

tree pose 60 sec, eagel pose 45sec

RAWR -The world needs more sledgehammer monsters. I put my hammer in the garage for this challenge so I could focus on my KB. But, I walked by it today, and it called out to me forlornly asking why I had abandoned it, so I my have to take it out for a swing on Saturday.

My next hammer date is Sunday/tomorrow! Today I'm making up for Thanksgiving making me jump off the tracks a little. Working T-day and Black Friday (restaurant and retail, respectively) left me kinda drained. Ugh.

Also, great job on tree and eagle! And you tell those kettlebells.

Just-3-Points-Shy-of-Level-4 Half-Dwarf AssassinSTR 11 / DEX 9 / STA 7 / CON 10 / WIS 10 / CHA 10http://derpnikdrawing.tumblr.com/

Goal #1 TGU"S 5 minute with 15 lb- Did 3 minutes 3x this week- so getting there

Goal#2 MWOD mobility squats 2 5 min squats worked up to about 2:30 did great early in the week, then forgot all about them once we had Thanksgiving and family. I could have fit it in time wise (yes my extended would have thought me weird to be doing squats while I was watching football but that's ok) but I simply forgot

Goal #3 sweets 2 x a week-hmm well uh.... I did keep it Paleo so there was no gluten and less sugar But i got infected by Dr IDGAF since everyone else was eating and I ate more than I had planned. Need to figure out how to get over this since holidays are upon us. My extended family eats tons of crap, and then there are parties and... and..I just end up doing the well its not fair because everyone else is eating that way to why can't I? Feeling sorry for myself because I'm allergic to wheat and lactose intolerant and then adding tons of junk because I "deserve" it I need to sit down and write down all the reasons I eat healthy for myself so I remember when its tough

Goal #4-scrapbookDidn't happen. Knew it probably wouldn't this week because of family visiting- but I need to get busy next week

I wouldn't worry too much about the eating thing. The way I see it, I have a lifetime of bad habits behind me before I started making good ones, and I'm still at the level I am. So a little slippage from time to time isn't going to topple the universal order. And besides. It can be good to just let loose and enjoy food and drink and such. Just don't let this slip send you all the way back down the mountain :)

You're doing great, keep at it :-)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I wouldn't worry too much about the eating thing. The way I see it, I have a lifetime of bad habits behind me before I started making good ones, and I'm still at the level I am. So a little slippage from time to time isn't going to topple the universal order. And besides. It can be good to just let loose and enjoy food and drink and such. Just don't let this slip send you all the way back down the mountain :)

You're doing great, keep at it :-)

Thanks, yes it is about changing a lifetime of bad habits. All in all, not super bad this weekend, I just worry about going down the rabbit hole the entire holiday season.

Thanks, yes it is about changing a lifetime of bad habits. All in all, not super bad this weekend, I just worry about going down the rabbit hole the entire holiday season.

The only advice I can offer on this score is to pick your vice, and the conditions under which you will give in. Personally I work in a camp where there is ALWAYS an abundance of baked goods and such to eat (and the food isn't really that good, so there's ALWAYS room for a cookie or something) so the only time I have ice cream is when there's a fresh tub of rolo, and none of the filthy savages have had a chance to contaminate it yet. Or when there's lemon meringue pie AND Dr. Pepper on the same night. And I avoid the baking station altogether, but when I DO go by I only grab an oatmeal cookie, or a turtle cookie, IF there is one there.

That allows me to do like Steve says, I don't need a lot of will power because there's no decision to make. If the criteria are not met, then I don't indulge. But if they ARE met... Look out, cuz there's going to be one HAPPY formerly-fat-Church having a food-orgy at the corner table! Lol.

But I don't think you have a lot to worry about. You're a committed member of the Rebellion, and we're here for you, just like you're here for us :) (thanks, by the way :)) even if you do stumble a bit, you'll just come charging back better than ever.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Sorry I haven’t been around to be as encouraging as I should be! Been working too much this past week [bad me, not an excuse.]

We won't let you go down the rabbit hole!

I need to sit down and write down all the reasons I eat healthy for myself so I remember when its tough

I think that's a great idea! Extra motivation never hurts.

Great job on the mini challenge stats! I was just over looking at the spreadsheet. Impressive!

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Sorry I haven’t been around to be as encouraging as I should be! Been working too much this past week [bad me, not an excuse.]

We won't let you go down the rabbit hole!

I think that's a great idea! Extra motivation never hurts.

Great job on the mini challenge stats! I was just over looking at the spreadsheet. Impressive!

Thanks

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines