Kibcy's Third time's a charm

Siferiax

Kibcy,

Just read the whole thing twice to make sure I've got it. Sounds like the chair exercise was INTENSE! Also VERY eye-opening!

I have to say that I'm sure I could learn a lot about myself as well if put in that situation. I'm very proud of you for not only taking the time to write all this up and open up to the rest of us about the challenges you face, but also to reaffirm your own findings and work towards the realization and application of those.

I will say, sometimes you have to just put yourself out there emotionally. Its scary, frightening, and can be a rough, damaging experience. Its also the only way that people get to know the real you. Not sure if I'll ever get the chance to meet you (although I do plan on traveling to Europe sometime in the next few years for a couple of weeks, so who knows? :D) but I can safely say that I'm VERY proud of you for pursuing your challenges and facing your fears one by one.

You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! STAY POSITIVE! :)

~ Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Did the ride at least end? It is great to see you carry on, even when the ride isn't that much fun.

Well it toned back down in any case. I'm still very exhausted and not really on top of my game. Not really sure about emotions right now... they're weird.

Kibcy,

Just read the whole thing twice to make sure I've got it. Sounds like the chair exercise was INTENSE! Also VERY eye-opening!

I have to say that I'm sure I could learn a lot about myself as well if put in that situation. I'm very proud of you for not only taking the time to write all this up and open up to the rest of us about the challenges you face, but also to reaffirm your own findings and work towards the realization and application of those.

I will say, sometimes you have to just put yourself out there emotionally. Its scary, frightening, and can be a rough, damaging experience. Its also the only way that people get to know the real you. Not sure if I'll ever get the chance to meet you (although I do plan on traveling to Europe sometime in the next few years for a couple of weeks, so who knows? :D) but I can safely say that I'm VERY proud of you for pursuing your challenges and facing your fears one by one.

You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to! STAY POSITIVE! :)

~ Fear

Wow Fear, thanks so much for taking the time to read all that!!! Impressive!

And yes that exercise was indeed that.

Thank you very much. And yeah it was months and months. It started all with this 5 hour session of spilling my guts basically. Major life events and then whatever they meant and what they had in common, also emotional values. That's how we discovered the significance of that drawing I made as a 10 year old, but also how much my grandpa meant to me and how much my ex was hurting me.

I really need to remember how to deal with the negative things in life and how to learn from them, make them positive.

Thank you. Putting myself out there emotionally is something I can't do very well. For me doing so online is not scary at all, especially toward strangers.

It's face to face that I struggle with. Like I was having an introduction with someone who I could choose for my coach? And I was telling this person how my dad had a stroke.... with you know, a smile on my face. She pointed that out and I was like, yeah that's my automatic smile, can't help it.

I just have a lot of defense mechanisms from being bullied as a kid. Not that I was ever bullied really badly, but you know, that doesn't really matter.

And if I ever want to get over this stressing out issue, I just need to work on my stress and emotion management.

Thanks a lot <3 I'm trying to stay positive!!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

November 17th

#1: Strength

Rest day!

#2: Support

I feel I'm not giving as much support as I could :(

Did a round today... but thanks to feeling down in the dumps, giving support is very draining on my very limit energy resources.

#3: Walking

N/A

#4: Cleaning

Maybe later...

Yeah it's only the afternoon... but I'm planning to dive into bed after this... I'm very tired....

Spoiler

Hey, you came by the Ranger camp to give me a pat on the back .... now, it's right back at ya!! I think you're doing great, especially at reaching out to others when you're dragging. What cheers you up when you're down? I personally love music.

*rattling around in her YouTube music videos collection* Let's see if I can find something fun that CD didn't provide first!

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Hey, you came by the Ranger camp to give me a pat on the back .... now, it's right back at ya!! I think you're doing great, especially at reaching out to others when you're dragging. What cheers you up when you're down? I personally love music.

*rattling around in her YouTube music videos collection* Let's see if I can find something fun that CD didn't provide first!

Thanks!!! I wasn't really feeling down, just very very drained!

I actually didn't even sleep. Just lying in the dark with my eyes closed for awhile was enough!

Then I went ahead and had a super productive afternoon/evening.

I would call it fall clear out. I generated what would normally be a week worth of trash.

I cleaned my bedroom, the hallway and the laundry room! I tidied up my bedroom with a 100% score! All misplaced items are gone!

I cleaned the litter box... Well after realizing I would need new cat litter and I drove out and got it (among some other items for my cat! Can never just buy cat litter!) that takes 40 min of driving and then the shopping itself. So I was out for about an hour or so.

Then back to sorting out all the things! Just whatever I felt like :)

And just now I took out the trash, and now I'm lounging on the couch and its about time for bed.

Spoiler

You can just lie there and not sleep? I hate that feeling! How can you recover your strength if you haven't properly rested? you're a trooper, that's for certain!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

You can just lie there and not sleep? I hate that feeling! How can you recover your strength if you haven't properly rested? you're a trooper, that's for certain!

It was only for an afternoon nap... I figure I just wasn't sleepy, but just drained. Probably from all the people at the fabric market... so busy :o

I don't really do well with crowds...

So in that sense I think I recharged my batteries by just taking some down time.

Sometimes getting through feel drowsy or not quite energetic, means taking action! Unless that gets me more tired, then I would plunge back into bed.

Talk to my mom, she'll disagree on the trooper thing. She's a trooper though and I still haven't figured out how she does that... she just... keeps going... no matter what...

Spoiler

I hope you feel better today! It's so easy to get drunk because of too much people :/ The best may be to spend time with yourself, for yourself. A hot bath maybe? A warm tea, a blanket, a book. Clean your ears from the people noise with your favorite music played as soft as possible (I admit that I prefer silence over music in that case). Taking care of yourself is the most important thing to do.

Have a nice Sunday!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I hope you feel better today! It's so easy to get drunk because of too much people :/ The best may be to spend time with yourself, for yourself. A hot bath maybe? A warm tea, a blanket, a book. Clean your ears from the people noise with your favorite music played as soft as possible (I admit that I prefer silence over music in that case). Taking care of yourself is the most important thing to do.

Have a nice Sunday!

Not really feeling better, but I'll be okay :) Thanks!!

Spoiler

November 18th

Another rest day, getting ready to rock tomorrow :)

Morning round done! :)

Zombies, Run! Mission 11!!

39:12 min, 3.27 km, average of 5 km/h

Though I felt horrible while walking and I'm surprised at my average speed...

Yeah I was planning on walking further, but turned back home thanks to feeling like crap and it getting worse.

Also my ankle wasn't playing nice.

So I was feeling less ill, and more just generally down in the dumps...

So BLAST THAT CARRY ON AND GET TO WORK! No seriously, it's what I did. I put on Carry On (see my sig) and I just CAN'T sit still with that song (even now it's troublesome).

Sometimes all it takes to get out of the dumps is to get moving!

Cleaned the bathroom and toilet and vacuumed the house. Sure it wasn't perfect and I didn't get to EVERYTHING, but still, it's about building the habit and I did it!

Seems I have a problem with cleaning the bathroom and toilet... it really takes quite some brain power to get started on it.

Also this means Week 1 is in my pocket with a 100% cleaning score :D

All goals for today met! It's nearing 3:30pm and I have a birthday to get to!

Said I wouldn't be eating with, so I'm not going to stay long.

Spoiler

Okay... so week 1 is done goal wise... 100% score! FUCK YEAH!!!

Spoiler

Ah, but it wasn't one-hundred and TEN percent.

I'm sorry, I don't know why I keep making awful jokes to you this challenge.

Lol! Well through all hurdles of feeling like crap, 100% is pretty awesome for this lazy couch potato. Though I guess that was past me haha!

Spoiler

So just now I figured out what was going on.

Next week I'll have my period! So obviously I was feeling like shit today!

Bring it on period! Bring it!!

Birth control at least makes it all manageable.

Spoiler

.... Well if it makes you feel better, I'm yielding to you in terms of Zombie, Run Missions, there's no possibly way to beat you there!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

.... Well if it makes you feel better, I'm yielding to you in terms of Zombie, Run Missions, there's no possibly way to beat you there!

Haha! As long as you keep working on doing them, it's all good :D

It's easier to do more if you walk, I'm sure, because walking is easier to do more of :)

So just keep rocking at your own challenge!!!

Spoiler

November 19th

Can I take this day off please?! :(

I'm walking on a double dose of meds and my headache is still there. Just... less intense.

Just watched 1408, but it was less intense than The Mist, so all is good.

But yeah, movie helped more with distracting me, than the pain meds helped keeping my pain away.

It's dinner time and I absolutely DON'T feel like eating. Ate some yogurt, but my stomach is just upset.

Did I mention ear infection already?! Buuuhhh

Not sure if I even want to try....

Morning round and just now. Trying to at least keep this going.

Just not as active on the non-subscribed threads, sorry... just keeping it to subscribed till I do a little better.

N/A

Oh yeah... nope.

Spoiler

The day is almost over, tomorrow will be better! You're allowed to take a rest if you don't fell well, that's a valid excuse. Hug you cat (hug him for me too) , go to sleep and tomorrow you'll be back stronger than ever!

/me sends some positive thoughts

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I agree, listen to your body and it says 'I'm not feeling it today' then take an unexpected day off, the body needs this from time to time, there's no shame in resting.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

*hugs* Pain is usually a good indicator that something is wrong, and I hope you're resting is helping.

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

If you're sick, take the day off! Pushing your body when it's fighting off infection just makes it take longer to heal - take care of yourself so you can get back to 100% sooner.

Thank you! I will/did. Still not 100% unfortunately. Will see how I feel after getting home from work.

The day is almost over, tomorrow will be better! You're allowed to take a rest if you don't fell well, that's a valid excuse. Hug you cat (hug him for me too) , go to sleep and tomorrow you'll be back stronger than ever!

/me sends some positive thoughts

Thanks!! :) yeah I was in bed at 8:15pm...

Definitely snuggled with my cat haha.

Not much stronger today though, unfortunately.

I agree, listen to your body and it says 'I'm not feeling it today' then take an unexpected day off, the body needs this from time to time, there's no shame in resting.

Thank you! :)

*hugs* Pain is usually a good indicator that something is wrong, and I hope you're resting is helping.

Thanks! Yeah, though I feel my body hurts really quickly haha.

It'll probably help, hopefully soon.

Spoiler

November 20th

Still not feeling well, but okay.

- Press, 6.2 kg/hand: 8, 5

- Rows, 6.2 kg/hand: 8, 5

Getting heavier! Still I feel I can do this, haha! Thought the dumbbells were lighter/easier to carry, till I started with rep 6, lol!

With rows I had my elbow problem at rep 6, so had to put the dumbbell down to shake out my arm, but then fortunately could finish the remaining two reps.

Done!

N/A

Not yet feeling it...

Spoiler