Roo's "Setting Myself Up" Challenge

msuroo

Ok, so running didn't happen last night. Still felt a little nauseated, and it just felt *cold* out there. (It was around 30°, which is normally my favorite temp for running, but I was feeling chilly even inside, and that was with the heat cranking. Stupid flu.)

Anyway, just took an early bedtime instead. I'm feeling about a million percent better today, so I should be able to get back to it tonight.

Sounds like it was a good plan then. Glad you're doing better!

Still not so hot. The doc tried to send her to the hospital for an IV because she was so dehydrated. She said, I'm too busy today - I promise I'll drink more. Lol, stubborn woman. If her fluids aren't up by tomorrow morning, doc is going to make her.

semi relevant friends gif!

tumblr_llkl1yqaZ21qjutzao1_400.gif

"I'm not sick. I'm find. I'm in the prime of my liebd"

yeah, i do that, too.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Still not so hot. The doc tried to send her to the hospital for an IV because she was so dehydrated. She said, I'm too busy today - I promise I'll drink more. Lol, stubborn woman. If her fluids aren't up by tomorrow morning, doc is going to make her.

Yikes! I mean, of course you never argue with a pregnant woman, but still! Hope she drinks ALL the water today and doesn't have to get an IV.

Weightlifting class last night - first physical activity in a week:

Snatches from low blocks

30x3x2

35x3

40x3

44x3

47x3x5ish (Missed some of these here and there)

50x3x3 (Only made like 3 of these)

Cleans from low blocks

50x3

55x3

60x3

65x3

70x2x6 (Started with triples, but missed the third rep twice, so moved to doubles)

Oy. Roo is rusty. And slow. I was all out of sorts yesterday, but it felt good to at least get active again. Movement was just awful at first, but slowly got better. I was slow all around though, and missed a whole bunch of lifts because of it (especially the snatches). Mostly I think my brain was slow - too much thinking about the lifts, and that just never works out. The few that I really nailed were funny, because those would have gone up with 10+ more kilos on the bar, but that was definitely the exception and not the rule last night.

And I really need to go running. For reals. Like, the race is less than a month away!

Hey guys - just wanted to check in.

I've been dealing with some pretty heavy personal stuff lately, so fitnessy stuff has taken a back seat. I'm way behind on everything (and am getting pretty terrified of the marathon at this point), but I'll just have to do the best I can there - just hoping to finish. This challenge sort of fell apart on me, but such is life. I love these challenges, but I got a blinding dose of how little they matter in the grand scheme of things this week. I've still got big plans for 2013 though!

Anyway, I miss you guys! Gonna try and catch up on everyone's threads tomorrow (when the office will presumably be dead).

Oh noes, Roo! Sorry to hear about the heaviness. I'll send my happy, easy life thoughts your way!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Oh noes, Roo! Sorry to hear about the heaviness. I'll send my happy, easy life thoughts your way!

Thanks! Things are thankfully settling down now - I'm rearing to get going on 2013!

I'm not planning on being around all next week.

Right on - in that case I probably won't make it in until after the race (which is on the 13th). Enjoy the time off!

(And then let the squatpocalypse begin.)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines