• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wesb1898

Down and Dirties

You all know that we like to get outside, get our challenge on, and get a little (or alot) dirty. Oh yeah.

Team lineup:

wesb1898

Samunwal

Absidey

SambieWlks

erawka

Maria

EmCee

twilson.spqr

craiggrock

Edited by wesb1898

TEAM IS FULL!!! Now let's get out there kill this 6 weeks. Stuffing be damned!

I second that. My mom just commissioned 8 custom gift boxes of homemade chocolates and candy, so my weekends in Nov will be spent baking, truffle-rolling, and candy-making. I SHALL WHOLE30 MY WAY THROUGH ALL THAT SH*T! :biggrin-new:

RAWR!!

I second that. My mom just commissioned 8 custom gift boxes of homemade chocolates and candy, so my weekends in Nov will be spent baking, truffle-rolling, and candy-making. I SHALL WHOLE30 MY WAY THROUGH ALL THAT SH*T! :biggrin-new:

RAWR!!

OMFG!!! I would run the other freakin' way from all that sugary horribleness. You are way to beast-mode!

OMFG!!! I would run the other freakin' way from all that sugary horribleness. You are way to beast-mode!

I see it as a challenge to be overcome, like the finish wall at the RAID or the last steep hill at the Diablo 10k. :biggrin-new: My plan is to set aside a couple items of each thing I make.... a couple truffles, a caramel or two, and some of my homemade (corn syrup free!) vanilla marshmallows...freeze them, and save them for after Whole30. I am BIG into delaying gratification. That way it's not real deprivation...it's just postponement, and my homemade truffles will taste so good after I've conquered the Whole30. Also, I really, really love baking and candy-making, and I was sad to think I wouldn't do much this year because I didn't want all that stuff laying around. This way, I can have all the fun making all the candies and treats, and then pack them up and ship them away to be eaten by someone else.

At Thanksgiving, stuffing will probably be the one temptation...so my plan is to make it a way I don't like (probably with extra onions and celery for J, haha!). I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner for family again this year (J's dad/stepmom and grandparents), so I will be doing a lot of cooking. I figure I'll make things the way J likes them, which is actually usually NOT the way I like them, and we're halfway to success right there. The other secret weapon will be that I am going to make mini versions of some side dishes just for me so I can eat with everyone and not stand out as "that weirdo who doesn't eat." This challenge will be a good one for posting recipes on my blog. :)

I see it as a challenge to be overcome, like the finish wall at the RAID or the last steep hill at the Diablo 10k. :biggrin-new: My plan is to set aside a couple items of each thing I make.... a couple truffles, a caramel or two, and some of my homemade (corn syrup free!) vanilla marshmallows...freeze them, and save them for after Whole30. I am BIG into delaying gratification. That way it's not real deprivation...it's just postponement, and my homemade truffles will taste so good after I've conquered the Whole30. Also, I really, really love baking and candy-making, and I was sad to think I wouldn't do much this year because I didn't want all that stuff laying around. This way, I can have all the fun making all the candies and treats, and then pack them up and ship them away to be eaten by someone else.

This is brilliant. One of my best tactics for overcoming a sugar craving is telling myself, "There will always be ice cream." (Or cookies, or chocolate, or whatever it is I'm craving.) This way, you can bank your sugary treats for a special occasion and make them double worthwhile!

Also, Maria, you're not alone in the mud wrestling mental image. :)

Wow, I fell behind. Less work, more forums!

So is everyone carb free? Stuffing was pretty much the only traditional thing I am planning to have, since we're not doing the family thing, my husband could care less about the whole dinner spread, and Kate doesn't eat anything but eggs, goldfish crackers, and fruit right now.

I'm not carb free, even though I try to eat paleoish during weekdays to make it less carbs overall. But we don't do Thanksgiving here. :( Instead we start with ginger breads, saffron buns and glögg (hot, spicy wine) four weeks before Christmas. Difficult to make those paleo, but I think I'll try just for fun. :) It's mostly about the taste/spices anyway.