Stareyedgirl's Badass Fairy Druid Challenge Part V - Ramping Back Up

Stareyedgirl

Well, I didn't meet my goal of doing pushups 4 times this week, but that was a long shot anyway - I think I'm looking at a C for the pushup portion of the challenge, but that's ok.

I did however up my commitment to working out. As of yesterday, my goal is to spend 30 minutes with my heart rate elevated to at least the fat burning zone every single day (with the 7th day in a row being a stretch day).

I'm still going to do 15 minutes of yoga every day (I hit my 25 day streak! I'm up to a B for the challenge! Woot!) So that's a total of 45 minutes per day. I know that there will be days I'll miss, but I really want to change my mindset from "Am I going to work out today?" to "When am I going to work out today?" I want not working out to be the exception, not the rule.

I'm also sick of being a weakling. I'm sick of everything feeling like so much work.

I'm frustrated because I'm so small that weight loss program's calorie counts don't go low enough for me to lose weight any faster than ~ .50 pounds/week (if that, and one good splurge and there goes all of the progress that I made that week). In order to lose a pound a week, I would have to eat 1200 calories (because you shouldn't go any lower than that) per day AND about 400 calories worth of exercise - so THAT'S not going to happen. When I eat only 1200 calories, I am CRANKY. I look at what my husband gets to eat and I'm like, "Screw this teeny tiny piece of fish. I want yours. And a brownie." So I eat more than 1200 hundred calories, and I exercise a few times a week, but I do not lose weight (Ok ok, I did lose 5 pounds, but it took 6 months and I fought for those 5 pounds). Because it's not enough to just limit food.

I like being a teeny person for a variety of reasons. Couches are more comfortable. My shoes are ADORABLE, and they never sell out of my size. Airplanes and movie theaters have enough leg room for me. However, portion control is a nightmare! I don't want tiny-sized meals just because I'm tiny-sized! I want to match my husband (who is half again my size) bite for bite. :) (I'm not competitive, what are you talking about?) It's problematic. So I need to increase my capacity for activity and make it a daily routine or I'm going to be stuck eating children's meals for the rest of my life.

I've been working my way up to this for a long time, but this is the first time that I feel like it's doable to make it part of my day. So here goes nothing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 4 Fairy Druid

STR: 10 DEX: 8.5 STA: 11.5 CON:12.25 WIS:13.25 CHA:10

My Challenge Thread

My Challenge Spreadsheet

"You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a clubâ€

~ Jack London

It's been a while since I last posted, so... progress!

I've been doing really well on making activity a daily thing. As a matter of fact, I did 7 days in a row, which is a record for me. I did strength (whenever I wasn't feeling sore... which was like 2 days) and I bumped my heart rate to my target zone for 30 minutes every day. So if I couldn't strengthen, at least I was doing something.

And I gained 4 pounds. Oh yeah, I remember why I hate working out every day. People say they love how they feel when they're working out regularly. They're all like, "I have so much energy and I feel great!". Really? I feel bloated, tired, and hungry - and sore. SO sore. Makes me think I'm doing it wrong... but I'm committed, though. I'm going to keep going and hope that that whole feeling gross, fat and sore thing is just temporary.

Anyway, so my cardio numbers have come up so I'm on track for an A for cardio. Yay :)

Pushups. I think I'm looking at a C for pushups. I'm also stuck. I've been doing the same 24 pushups for a week and a half now. Although I'm less sore every time I do it, so... progress? I'm going to do them tonight and then I think I'll move on to the next session next time.

Finishing before 9. I have been struggling this week, but I was pretty strong through the challenge so I think I can still get a B, but I think my A is gone. That's ok, this goal has helped me immensely and it's helped me focus.

Daily yoga. I'm killing the daily yoga. Yesterday was my 31st day. I'm 4 days away from my 35 day streak. I find that I really enjoy doing the yoga every day. It gives me a chance to stretch out the kinks, and my back has been in better shape since I started doing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 4 Fairy Druid

STR: 10 DEX: 8.5 STA: 11.5 CON:12.25 WIS:13.25 CHA:10

My Challenge Thread

My Challenge Spreadsheet

"You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a clubâ€

~ Jack London

And I gained 4 pounds. Oh yeah, I remember why I hate working out every day. People say they love how they feel when they're working out regularly. They're all like, "I have so much energy and I feel great!". Really? I feel bloated, tired, and hungry - and sore. SO sore.

I don't feel bloated when I'm working out regularly, but - tired, hungry and sore - yep, yep and yep. I can't say that I've ever experienced the "so much more energy" thing either. It is difficult to not eat back the calories exercise burned and then some. I am finding that doing the weight workouts make me less hungry than just cardio - go figure.

Great job on the yoga streak! And yay on the back feeling good!

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines