Elfin Harvester's 'end the year on a high' challenge

Elfin Harvester

So, it's six weeks 'til Christmas. Six weeks of nativity plays, shopping, no time, mince pies, guests, parties, mince pies, carol services, wrapping presents, ...did I mention mince pies?

But - it's the last challenge of the year. So time to take a long hard look and use this last challenge to really get to the things that I've not yet managed to conquer.

1. The vanity goal.

Get rid of my spare tyre round my middle. It's not weight, it's flab I want to lose.

Drop 2 inches off my spare tyre bit (below my waist but a bit above my hips). If I do this: 2:CON 3:CHA

2. The get off my butt goal.

Do that damn sprinting. Once a week. On a Wednesday. It's there in my workout plan, but it's the one I don't do very often. If at all.

Six weeks, six sprinting sessions: 4: STA

3. The goal that won't go away

I was going to give up on this. For the past two challenges it's been there and I still can't do it. But to walk away from a goal because you haven't reached it yet is really lame. So for the third challenge running here it is.

A PULL UP. Although things are different. This time round I have a pull up bar and a workout plan to try to get there.: 4: STR

4. "Christmas is coming

The goose is getting fat

Time to put a penny in the old man's hat

If you haven't got a penny then a ha'penny will do

If you haven't got a ha'penny then God bless you."

Yes, Christmas is coming, the goose or turkey or nutloaf thingy is getting fat AND I NEED MORE MONEY. No, it's not Druidy. I wish I could be like my old German friend who refuses to give in to the ridiculous present buying thing and just has a spiritual Christmas with no presents, but I don't have her strength of character. So in order for me not to wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, and not to sit trying to meditate while really I'm worrying about how much money I've not got, I'm going to sell some stuff and raise some cold, hard cash.

Six weeks, six hundred quid. 2: WIS

Elfin Harvester, level 2 Druid monkSTR 6.75|DEX 3|STA 6|CON 5.25|WIS 5|CHA 5

Wonderful to have the pull-up goal, the plan for getting there AND the determination. I'd like to see you be less harsh in the grading of that, though. I mean, if you did your workout plan to get there, faithfully, and then couldn't do the full pull-up at the end, shouldn't it be an A, and not an F? As long as the plan was specific & challenging enough.

Level 3 Fox DruidSTR +4 / DEX +5 / STA +3  / CON +2 / WIS +7 / CHA +2

"If you plan to face tomorrow, do it soon."  (G. Lightfoot)

Best of luck with the pull ups! I'm not quite ready to make that a goal, but I hope to soon!

As for the money, I worry about it a lot too. Every time my husband and I go shopping, I have a mini-panic attack about finances (even if things aren't too bad at the moment.) Druid-y or not, it's a good goal to have!

Level 1 Druid
STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2
Garg 'nuair dhùisgear

Agreed- earning extra money is a good idea. And you could totally spin it to be Druid-y -- in order to transcend the annoyances of daily life and be serene and centered etc. etc. it really just won't do to concern yourself with things like MONEY... which is why you need enough of it so you won't have to! :)

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Agreed- earning extra money is a good idea. And you could totally spin it to be Druid-y -- in order to transcend the annoyances of daily life and be serene and centered etc. etc. it really just won't do to concern yourself with things like MONEY... which is why you need enough of it so you won't have to! :)

That's the spin on it I'm hoping for!!

Week 1 update:

Goal 1: Um, flabby bit still the same size.

Goal 2: Yes - did it. Five sprint intervals (I wanted to do more buy my legs didn't agree...)

Goal 3: This is a bit of a binary goal, either I can do one or not. And as yet I can't. But I did do all the exercises on my build up plan.

Goal 4: £70 raised. I love ebay :D

Pull up... looks like every NF member secretly (or not so secretly) wants to do them. Myself included... I am far from even trying... so I am totally cheering you on!

Half an inch off? Excellent!

Keep up the excellent work. Looking forward to your 3 week report. :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%
Looking forward to your 3 week report. :)

...and here it is :welcoming:

Goal 1: Same as last week

Goal 2: Sprints done again - so happy about this.

Goal 3: No, not yet. But getting there...

Goal 4: £112 raised this week!!

Three weeks gone - three weeks to go.....UNTIL CHRISTMAS :dread:

(Sorry....just had to flip a bit there....)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines