• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Shogun

The League of Shadows

I have created this team called "The League of Shadows" An inner circle of elite fighters and the most dangerous assassins in the world. It's a group aimed at Monks and Assassins and anyone who like or plan to train with their own body or do anything Ninja-ish.

Welcome =D

First order of business in the agenda.

Do we get to kill something?

Critter, Zebarah you two are the greatest! You "kill" me ^_^

I don't think I can take Yeti. :boxing:

So, second day of the challenge is going great! how about you!?

I just killed a lot of things in the kitchen making my meals =D

I've still got my flexibility work to do and then I'll be posting today's workout in my battle log. Buuuut, for sake of chatter (which I don't do on my log much) and Team Spirit!, here's how today related to my challenge goals.

Goal #1

Power Clean: they weren't a part of today's workout.

Deadlift: I got 260 lbs for 4 out of the 5 reps. The 4th rep wasn't clean though. I stopped just short of completing the move because I felt the bar slipping down my fingers and I didn't want to drop it. I'll be trying this weight again next week with an alternating grip.

Squat: did 200 lbs for 3x5. I just barely got the last set. My legs were screaming "what are you doing to us?!?" I've got four days before I squat again, so hopefully rest + eating will help me take another baby step forward.

Pullups: these haven't been part of my exercising. I've been doing chinups, which I think is an overall better muscle builder, but pullups are more important for gymnastics so I made them a goal for this challenge. I started doing them today, but could only do 1 pullup. So I did 1 pullup. 40 times. (I wonder if I'll be able to move my arms tomorrow?)

Goal #2

I jogged 20 minutes today without walking, because C25k program told me to. The progression on the program from the previous day to this one seemed way too big a jump. I don't like it. But I was able to do it, so whatever. It worked. And my ankles hate me now. I know one important thing from doing this goal though. I'm not a Scout. Jogging is boring. Healthy. Important. But boring.

Goal #3

Gymnastics lesson is on Friday

Goal #4

First video is up, everybody can see it on my challenge thread for those who haven't already.

Okay, off to stretch.

Dang, Critter! Bravo on the success so far and the video! Now I've got that song stuck in my head... :\

So, second day of the challenge is going great! how about you!?

Day 2 has been pretty good. I did my MWOD, got up on time, and did a whole half pullup, which is the farthest I've gotten. I still haven't practiced parkour, but I've been busy and will continue to be. Maybe Thursday I can get some serious practice in.

My "extra" goals are going alright, too. I did some yoga (I apparently am nowhere near good enough for "Beginner Sitting Positions" on Daily Yoga), and am going to finish the day with 7g of carbs, which is my best day yet, so I'm pretty happy about that. But alas, I have to fold laundry and then I'm going to practice piano a bit.

As far as killing things go, I've been eating leftover things that I killed this weekend. Well, someone else killed them. But I cooked them to make sure they were dead. Nothing worse than biting into a live strip of bacon. ;)

Sorry I'm late to the party, is it cool if I join? I'm enlisted in the Marines getting ready for bootcamp and definitely tryin to gain more ninjaness.

Marine Ninja. I have this mental picture of you hiding underwater breathing through a reed.

I'm picturing a scene from a Bond film where there's this bird (a duck, maybe?) floating on the surface and then Bond stands up and it's his hat and has the snorkel running through it so you can't tell that he's there. I don't remember what movie, or even who was playing Bond, I just remember that I wanted one.

Thanks guys. As for the mental picture, it's a reed floating through the water but when somone goes to investigate it I pop up from behind them and take em down cause I'm so ninja that I can breathe underwater with no snorkel.

Thanks guys. As for the mental picture, it's a reed floating through the water but when somone goes to investigate it I pop up from behind them and take em down cause I'm so ninja that I can breathe underwater with no snorkel.

That is hardcore awesomesauce! Go Nightstalker!

Day four going awesome for me! How is everyone else doing?!

How is everyone else doing?!

Recovery day. So I'm chillin'. I can hear the pullup bar whispering, "You know you want to climb me today. It won't hurt. Rest is overrated. Come play with me."

Must resist.

I had a cheat meal today because I had not other option. =( Also, I'm finding out that my willpower goes low at nights... I need to find a way to refill my Stamina Points.