• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aqweei

Looking for group! Official name: Head On!

You'll find us in the cross guild section. Since I made the group that makes me the "leader" and my main focus right now is that in order to succeed I must first lead. What that means for me is that if I can be there for these guys then that means I have to be held accountable first. I want us to be able to ask any questions, motivate each other, and make sure we complete our 6 weeks! We are here to kick some major butt over the course of the next 6 weeks.

Members:

Sprene

HulmeK

Mgn

Isabelle

Rostov

Jonesy

Edited by Aqweei
Changed thread name

Hello, group!

I look forward to being held accountable by you and also holding you accountable for the next six weeks. I'm a person who needs that kind of pressure in my life, so I think this will turn out wonderfully:)

I'd like to join you, if I may. In the past I've tried to be supportive and chip in here and there in other people's challenge threads, but I can see that working better with a smallish number who follow each other's threads and (presumably) talk here too.

Hi I just joined the group as well. I want to motivate others as well but find the massive amount of threads a little intimidating to keep up on. :)

Awesome! Nice to have everyone!

And silly question, but is there an actual "group" (besides the googledoc) that I need to sign up for to be in this or just replying to our thread? Apologies....to be honest, there will be lots of these type questions from me.

<<<<<bit of an interweb noob

Alrighty well great guys! Im very happy that you guys have joined and we've decided that our name is going to be "Head On"! Ill be making my rounds in each of your challenge threads and if any of you need to get into contact with me just send me a PM on here or feel free to send me an email at Norton@outlook.com. Good luck to you all!

Edit: Just skimmed through and missed a few questions/topics so Ill go through them as well as I can.

Sprene- Nope, youve done everything. Just be active in the thread and keep your challenge thread updated and youll be good to go.

Jonesy- I understand it is a bit overwhelming. There are so many members that you would be hard pressed to comment on everyones thread and actually make connections.

Rostov- Definitely. I came into this 6 weeks not knowing that the Spezzy and them were thinking of doing this and I kind of set out to do it on my own. Huge coincidence but Im glad its happening.

Mgn- Thats the spirit! I hope all of you have all the success you wish for the next 6 weeks. :)

Isabelle- Nice to have you!

Edited by Aqweei

LOL, I couldn't find this one, and had just made one. I will copy and paste my stuff. Hopefully can delete the one I made.

So here is a little bit about me, pasted from the thread I made (Oops).

I will start off by introducing myself. My name is Kyle. I am 27, married and have two beautiful daughters (5yo and almost 2yo). What changed my outlook on life and how I viewed myself was watching The Biggest Loser on Netflix. I had never seen it before and my wife's cousin referred us to it. I have always known I was overweight, but it never seemed to register as terrible until I saw that I was bigger and heavier than a few of the men on the show over several seasons. After seeing the way they were able to transform not their physical appearances, but their entire life, I was in. I wanted it. I tried doing Weight Watchers for a little while and even lost 13 lbs, but did not stick with it. I found NF via a link on someones facebook page. Not a members page, but something that had been shared from a few people. I am not sure who the original person was that posted about NF. But they have effectively changed my life.

I am starting out my 2nd NF challenge and am VERY excited not only for my changes and future results, but also getting to follow along with so many inspirational people. One of my favorite articles: Dominate

Forget about Mondays, go forth and dominate EVERYDAY!

Edited by HulmeK

I dont know whats going on with the threads lol. I changed the name of this one as you can see in the very top but its not changing the way the thread is viewed.

Good thinking on giving a quick bio! Here is mine:

My name is Matthew I am 21 yrs old, engaged, and working towards finishing school in the winter of 2013 (SUCKS because I am taking 6 classes next semester and will only have 3 more classes to take which translates into 2 in the summer and 1 in the fall :( lol but anyways). When I graduate I will be an instrumentation and controls technician (I will work in a power plant, hopefully, and will just perform maintenance and calibration on all of the machines/processes) and I look forward to starting my grown up life. This is my 2nd challenge and I actually saw NF multiple times before becoming an active member. Stumbleupon linked me to several articles and finally in September of this year I decided I wanted to get back in shape and use this as an outlet to do so. I'm 6'2 and currently at 265 lbs and hope to get down to 215lbs. Ive previously had my weight down to 220 in 2010 and 230 in 2011 but have completely lost 2012 it seems. In 2010 I was "skinny fat", broke off a long term unhealthy relationship, and ended up gaining the weight back. In 2011 after my grandfather died I wanted to join the military so I started getting back in shape. That time I did it the right way and was actually muscular, strong, etc and thats when I met my Fiance. She indirectly kept me from pursuing the military and we have both gained weight during our relationship. So here I am wanting to make a change not only to better myself but to motivate her to get back in shape as well because she comments about being unhappy with her looks currently. Hopefully we will both be healthier by the time we get married and that will translate into a happy/healthy lifestyle.

TLDR: Ive had success losing weight before, this time I just want to get it off and keep it off so that my fiance and I may live a healthy life together.

I dont know whats going on with the threads lol. I changed the name of this one as you can see in the very top but its not changing the way the thread is viewed.

Actual names can only be edited by mods. Luckily you have one stalking your thread :)

Also, I now have that commercial stuck in my brain and can't get it out. Thanks for that

Actual names can only be edited by mods. Luckily you have one stalking your thread :)

Also, I now have that commercial stuck in my brain and can't get it out. Thanks for that

lmao, didnt even think about that when HulmeK suggested the name!

lmao, didnt even think about that when HulmeK suggested the name!

It sounded good at the time. Me thinks that maybe the warrior department watches too much TV.:smug:

So yesterday I had to go in to work early = no morning work out. And I had to stay at my 2nd job late = no night work out. I R slacker. I got home around 10 PM and I did make it into bed by my goal of 11 PM, but cheated and watched Netflix for 45 minutes.:( Yes apparently I must have a bit of warrior department in me.:smug:

Today I got up on time and put in a 5K(I mostly walk), but I did get a new PR of 48 minutes 52 seconds. Tomorrow will be Strength training and a mile walk.

My mother used that stuff for a long time. It soothed your head for a short while. :)

Go team Head on!

Hello all. My name is Tiffany, I'm 27 and I work in Human Resources. I've struggled with losing weight my whole life but I never really knew how bad it had gotten until I went clothes shopping. I was so mad at myself that I decided to do something about it. I joined a gym, did some research and my motivation was running high. I lost some weight but then my motivation would fizzle. This cycle has repeated itself about 4 times now. While I have stopped and started, I'm happy to say that I have learned and adapted to healthier ways of living. I've gone from eating out all the time and snacking to cooking home cooked meals and adding in fruits and veggies. My biggest struggle is working out. It's not finding time, because I have that. It's finding the will power to do it.

In Aug2011 I was 308lbs and now am down to 275lbs and I still need to lose over 100lbs.

So yesterday I had to go in to work early = no morning work out. And I had to stay at my 2nd job late = no night work out. I R slacker. I got home around 10 PM and I did make it into bed by my goal of 11 PM, but cheated and watched Netflix for 45 minutes.:( Yes apparently I must have a bit of warrior department in me.:smug:

Today I got up on time and put in a 5K(I mostly walk), but I did get a new PR of 48 minutes 52 seconds. Tomorrow will be Strength training and a mile walk.

Good job! I could never wake up like that lol. Not a morning person at all. I prefer working out around 3-6 in the afternoon.

My mother used that stuff for a long time. It soothed your head for a short while. :)

Go team Head on!

Hello all. My name is Tiffany, I'm 27 and I work in Human Resources. I've struggled with losing weight my whole life but I never really knew how bad it had gotten until I went clothes shopping. I was so mad at myself that I decided to do something about it. I joined a gym, did some research and my motivation was running high. I lost some weight but then my motivation would fizzle. This cycle has repeated itself about 4 times now. While I have stopped and started, I'm happy to say that I have learned and adapted to healthier ways of living. I've gone from eating out all the time and snacking to cooking home cooked meals and adding in fruits and veggies. My biggest struggle is working out. It's not finding time, because I have that. It's finding the will power to do it.

In Aug2011 I was 308lbs and now am down to 275lbs and I still need to lose over 100lbs.

Good job on your progress so far, just keep swimming and youll get there eventually!

Go team Head on!

Awesome job on your weight loss Tiffany. In August of this year I was at 385 lbs. When I weighed in last night, 360 lbs. I still have a long ways to go also. My goal is 260 lbs. and then re-evaluate. I am thinking with how tall I am (6'8") that 260 may end up being the stopping point for me. We will see when I get there.

Definitely excited to join you on your journey.

Good job! I could never wake up like that lol. Not a morning person at all. I prefer working out around 3-6 in the afternoon.

Oh, I do not like getting up that early. It is just the only feasible time for me to work out without cutting into family time.

Good job on your progress so far, just keep swimming and youll get there eventually!

I love that movie, it never gets old.

lol it is a family classic unfortunately for me I was younger when it came out so literally any time we had a substitute they also thought finding nemo was the best movie ever.... Ive seen it like 50 times at least lol.

Good work out today. Really think im going to enjoy the rebel fitness guide. Its something new and different so hopefully I will have something to show for my hard work!

Awesome job on your weight loss Tiffany. In August of this year I was at 385 lbs. When I weighed in last night, 360 lbs. I still have a long ways to go also. My goal is 260 lbs. and then re-evaluate. I am thinking with how tall I am (6'8") that 260 may end up being the stopping point for me. We will see when I get there.

Definitely excited to join you on your journey.

Thanks Aqweei & Hulmek!

Awesome job Hulmek on that weight loss!!!

I know that my "end" goal weight will all depend on how I feel because I think I would look weird at the weight BMI suggests.

Time for a proper hello. I'm Rostov (well, not really, but here anyway), I'm in my late 30s, and I've got a fairly sedentary office-based job. I live in the UK. I'd been trying to lose some weight for ages (and by trying, I mean hoping it would happen without me doing anything much about it at all) until the first few months of this year when I started making a conscious effort to (a) eat breakfast, (B) cut down on mindless snacking, and © use my rebounder/mini trampoline thing more regularly. I think I lost about a stone just doing this. Then I found MyFitnessPal, and found that calorie counting gave me the accountability and the knowledge I needed to step things up. Turned out that some small and fairly painless changes to my diet could make a big difference, if I cut out or reduced stuff that was poor deliciousness value or fillingness value for calories. Looking back, I'm embarrassed about how clueless I was about calorie content of food/drink. I found this site after someone mentioned it on the MFP forums, and I had to google it - with a name like Nerd Fitness how could I not? I added the beginner bodyweight routine to my indoor rebounder jogging, walked a bit more, ate a bit less, and I'm now two stone lighter and not done yet. During the last challenge I added a circuit training session at my local sports centre and outdoor running/couch to 5k. Looking in the mirror I now see someone who's still overweight, but I don't see someone who's obese any more. My BMI index tells a different story, but I'm not disgusted by myself any more.

So I'm delighted with my progress, but one of the things that I vowed to myself was that I wouldn't become one of those tiresome 'convert' types, going round telling everyone 'if I can do it, anyone can'. No. I'm not going to forget how hard it was to start with... the corridor of uncertainty between effort/sacrifice and results. Cross that corridor, open that door, and the results motivate. That's been my experience, anyway. I'm also not going to forget how hard the food industry and the organisation of western societies makes it to maintain a healthy weight.... I don't blame anyone else for my failings, but the reality is material inequality, a food industry that wants to make addicts of its customers, a work environment where exercise is difficult, and an urban environment that's not friendly to cycling, running,or walking. I'll get off my soap box now.

@HulmeK - Sounds like an interesting show -a wake-up call and proof that change is possible. I've always carried a little excess weight from my teenage years onward, and then

happened (little bit of swearing).

@Aqweei - I must admit to nearly asking if were worried about turning into a certain cartoon character who also works at a power station, but I resisted. Instead, I'll wonder if

is about you?

@Jonesy - Sounds like what you're doing + time = success. While I'm chucking youtube links around for no clear reason, to gentlemen of a certain age, one

in particular left an impression...

@Jonesy - Sounds like what you're doing + time = success. While I'm chucking youtube links around for no clear reason, to gentlemen of a certain age, one

in particular left an impression...

Haha, I'm a huge 80s music fan. :applause:

Hi everyone! Time for my description I suppose? I'll try to make it easier to read by going with bullet form.

- 19 years-old (youngest on the team?), 5"6 and 158 pounds. About 25 pounds to lose, would help loads with self-confidence.

- Was 135 lbs when finished high school. Started University and gained a total of 23 pounds so far. I'd like to lose them before I graduate.

- Currently in my 4th and final year of a bacc in nutrition science. Yup, I'm a dietician in the making.

- I eat pretty well most of the time, alas stress + exams = stress eating. I know it, yet it's like a switch in my head just turns off.

- I work part-time in a hospital, and alternate between a medical secretary in the pediatrics department, and a food aid in the kitchen. For the first, I'm pretty much just sitting down all day long. I move a lot in the second one, but I have access to a lot of food. Yikes.

- I ran a half-marathon in September (2h17) and I'd love to do a Spartan Race next year and run a sub-2h half-marathon, so I have to shed part of my pouch to be fitter for both those events. With that said, I have absolutely ZERO strength in my arms (they have officially been diagnosed as "useless appendages" and "chicken wings") so I would like to have a strength goal for the next challenge. I'm keeping that in mind.

- What else is there? Umm, I'm french and an avid reader, which is why one of my goals is to finish my reading list.

Ok enough with the rambling on :nevreness:

@HulMek : I love your "dominate" attitude, and the fact that you've already done a challenge. You can be the wise team leader guiding us towards our goals!

@Aqweei : You seem to be in a great place in your life right now, finishing school, starting a new job and getting married soon! Props to you for wanting to start a healthy life together.

@Jonesy : Like they say, 80% of the equation is nutrition. Doing home meals and looking up healthy recipes is one of the best things you can do, and I personally thinks it's a lot of fun! I always get a thrill out of taking a recipe and making it as healthy as possible. Results may vary (sometimes things... well don't taste so great).

@Rostov : You make a good point with the obesigenic (I wasn't sure how to translate that) environment, we actually talk in class about the impact of the physical, social and economic environment of the person's habits and behavior. I'm glad you found NerdFitness, it's full of great resources and just generally a lot of fun!

Nice intros guys! Glad to have you and you guys have made some great progress so far. Keep it up!

-Rostov that song is perfect for my soon to be profession lol! Im interested to see where you take things during this challenge!

-Isabelle sounds like you are well on your way to doing great things too! Im a reader too. What kind of books do you like?

People joke that the author has to be dead for me to decide to read a book - meaning that I like old classics, and a little less recent books.

I like historical books, science-fiction, thrillers, self-help, and pretty much everything that qualifies as classic. My favorite authors are Victor Hugo (Les Misérables and Notre Dame de Paris), Alexandre Dumas (The count of Monte-Christo, amongst others), and Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables always cheers me up). It's very rare for me to start a book and not finish it, but I've learned that certain books just don't appeal to me. I've tried Camus, Kafka and Marquez (100 years of solitude), and those are not really in my style. I'm not a big fan of poetry, but I appreciate works such as the Cid and Cyrano of Bergerac. It's funny how I'm talking a lot more about books than fitness lately :D

People joke that the author has to be dead for me to decide to read a book - meaning that I like old classics, and a little less recent books.

I like historical books, science-fiction, thrillers, self-help, and pretty much everything that qualifies as classic. My favorite authors are Victor Hugo (Les Misérables and Notre Dame de Paris), Alexandre Dumas (The count of Monte-Christo, amongst others), and Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables always cheers me up). It's very rare for me to start a book and not finish it, but I've learned that certain books just don't appeal to me. I've tried Camus, Kafka and Marquez (100 years of solitude), and those are not really in my style. I'm not a big fan of poetry, but I appreciate works such as the Cid and Cyrano of Bergerac. It's funny how I'm talking a lot more about books than fitness lately :D

Interesting. Ive always wanted to read Les Misérables but never got around to it. Im definitely into recent books from the past 20 years. Science fiction is my favorite but any good fiction will keep me interested for hours. I enjoy reading self help books and taking what I want from them. Currently reading Fight Club for the NF Book Club. Taking a break from A Song of Ice and Fire series and some of the other fitness books I was reading.