• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aqweei

Looking for group! Official name: Head On!

Here is an excerpt from my thread.

Grade for the week

Eat Clean: Its not over but Im going to finish out this week by eating right. The 21st was my Fiances BDay and 22nd was obviously thanksgiving so those both went down the drain inadvertently. Grading myself as a C+ on this.

Rebel Fitness Workout: F. Havent been motivated to work out at all and I really just dont wanna follow the guide. Switching to Body By Design by Kris Gethin because it is a tried and true work out regimen for myself. Ive already printed out all the work out planners and Monday will be my first day following that routine.

Drink Water: A-. Ive been getting plenty of water in but deducted points for yesterday where I drank a good bit of sweet tea. lol

Be a better fiance: B. We are getting better about this but the beginning of the week was difficult as she wasnt even staying here as she was over at her friends while her friends bf was out of town. Tuesday we watched two movies together, Wednesday was her Birthday so I spent all day with her, yesterday was Thanksgiving so we were together with our families all day. Today is the first day that shes been at work but I am going to go visit her for a little while there and we will continue to improve on this through out the week!

Things I need to correct to finish strong.

Make it to the gym 3 days a week. Will not be difficult because I love the gym and its a lot easier to motivate myself to get there then it is to work out at home.

Attend my online classes for Thrive and stick to that style of eating. I want to shed a decent amount of weight by the end of this challenge so Im going to be doing my best to adhere to that lifestyle.

Continue to try to consume a bottle of water atleast once every 3 hours.

Glad to see you guys are doing well. I'm planning on crushing this coming week.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :) I'm back at school with internet access now (it's why I've been basically MIA for over a week now -- thanksgiving break). Ready to keep on keepin on :)

Welcome back Mgn! And keep it strong Aqweei! Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way, there's gonna be less temptation around, right? Well, at least until a few weeks!

I haven't yet decided if today was a good or a bad day. I had an okay day at work, so meh. As for my goals :

1. Did Ripped in 30 Week 2 (didn't feel like 4 today :s) + 1.05 miles

2. Some snacks (figs). The problem was more about eating too much during dinner.

3. Sleep : I'm going to bed at 11pm, and I have no alarm tomorrow morning (on call tomorrow at work, might be waken up though). It'll give me time to recuperate to "dominate the week" to quote a fellow buddy here on the team ;)

As for the reading, I did wonderfully, just finished my book, Bleak House, with an impressive 812 pages on the Kindle (996 on paperback). Ouf. Now I'm thinking of starting "The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy" as my next one, depending on how school goes.

Isabelle out!

Welcome back Mgn! And keep it strong Aqweei! Now that Thanksgiving is out of the way, there's gonna be less temptation around, right? Well, at least until a few weeks!

I haven't yet decided if today was a good or a bad day. I had an okay day at work, so meh. As for my goals :

2. Some snacks (figs). The problem was more about eating too much during dinner.

3. Sleep : I'm going to bed at 11pm, and I have no alarm tomorrow morning (on call tomorrow at work, might be waken up though). It'll give me time to recuperate to "dominate the week" to quote a fellow buddy here on the team ;)

As for the reading, I did wonderfully, just finished my book, Bleak House, with an impressive 812 pages on the Kindle (996 on paperback). Ouf. Now I'm thinking of starting "The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy" as my next one, depending on how school goes.

Isabelle out!

Good choice on your next book! I enjoyed it. The problem with me is that I have a couple of games, a couple of books, and a couple of tv shows that Im trying to pay attention to all at the same time. Im never gonna finish them lol.

Looks like youre doing well! Good luck on the upcoming week!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :) I'm back at school with internet access now (it's why I've been basically MIA for over a week now -- thanksgiving break). Ready to keep on keepin on :)

Welcome back Mgn!

Isabelle out!

It sounds like you are doing awesome Isabelle! Keep it up.
Good choice on your next book! I enjoyed it. The problem with me is that I have a couple of games, a couple of books, and a couple of tv shows that Im trying to pay attention to all at the same time. Im never gonna finish them lol.

Looks like youre doing well! Good luck on the upcoming week!

I know what you mean about trying to keep up with stuff. My wife and I have been watching Lost lately. Definitely addicting.

Sprene, Rostov, Jonesy. How did the weekend treat ya?

Welcome back Mgn! I hope your thanksgiving break was fun. :)

Well Friday kicked off my weekend with an AWESOME win for my college football team. Now the CFO has to dress up in WSU Cougar gear.

My weekend was good and bad. I ate great and even made some time to go workout. Got in 3 trips to the gym last week - WOOT. 1 is usually hard for me. I made lots of chicken for lunch this week so I have no excuse to go get fast food. My downfall this last weekend was my lifestyle goal. It's a big task and I just didn't know where to start. I might have to tackle it in

Welcome back Mgn! I hope your thanksgiving break was fun. :)

Well Friday kicked off my weekend with an AWESOME win for my college football team. Now the CFO has to dress up in WSU Cougar gear.

My weekend was good and bad. I ate great and even made some time to go workout. Got in 3 trips to the gym last week - WOOT. 1 is usually hard for me. I made lots of chicken for lunch this week so I have no excuse to go get fast food. My downfall this last weekend was my lifestyle goal. It's a big task and I just didn't know where to start. I might have to tackle it in

Was a great weekend for me with Georgia's win this past week. So looking forward to Saturday when they play for the SEC Championship and the winner gets a berth to the National Title game. Going to be epic!!! Just wish it wasnt a 4 o clock kick off. I mean seriously guys, its not very fun to drink beer(sue me its the championship game) at 4 o clock! lol.

Was a great weekend for me with Georgia's win this past week. So looking forward to Saturday when they play for the SEC Championship and the winner gets a berth to the National Title game. Going to be epic!!! Just wish it wasnt a 4 o clock kick off. I mean seriously guys, its not very fun to drink beer(sue me its the championship game) at 4 o clock! lol.

Haha the Apple Cup, last Friday was at 12:30pm and I was working. I'm 100% sure they were tailgating bright and early though at the stadium. :)

Haha the Apple Cup, last Friday was at 12:30pm and I was working. I'm 100% sure they were tailgating bright and early though at the stadium. :)

Oh yea no doubt. Georgia allows you to tailgate beginning at 7 AM. Auburn has a pretty awesome tailgating set up. They allow you to begin tailgating the day before kick off lol.

Ok, I'm not sure what all this football is about, but :applouse: for the rest of your week! It's impressive that you managed to make 3 trips to the gym, when you're usually at 1. Also, great job on the planning, it's clear that preparing food in advance gives you less opportunities to eat fast food or whatever's in your face when you're hungry. Did you know you can freeze it all (like the leftovers) and reheat them up another day? That's what I've been doing all semester when I have no time to cook. I do a big batch of about 10 portions, keep 2 for the week and freeze the rest. Then, when I get home late or don't have time to make a lunch, I just grab one from the freezer and voilà! Since I do a different big batch every week, I even have a variety of options in what to eat. Food for thought!

Ok, I'm not sure what all this football is about, but :applouse: for the rest of your week! It's impressive that you managed to make 3 trips to the gym, when you're usually at 1. Also, great job on the planning, it's clear that preparing food in advance gives you less opportunities to eat fast food or whatever's in your face when you're hungry. Did you know you can freeze it all (like the leftovers) and reheat them up another day? That's what I've been doing all semester when I have no time to cook. I do a big batch of about 10 portions, keep 2 for the week and freeze the rest. Then, when I get home late or don't have time to make a lunch, I just grab one from the freezer and voilà! Since I do a different big batch every week, I even have a variety of options in what to eat. Food for thought!

As for the football, Apple cup is pretty much the only game I watch and I was excited that we won. Hometown rivalries are the best!

I freeze meals sometimes but they never sound appetizing when I'm searching for something to eat. I currently have about 8 servings of lentil soup and 4 servings of a veggie broth in the freezer. I also frequently forget to take my meat out of the freezer to defrost. Lol.

Edited by Jonesy

I should get into the habit of freezing meals. How exactly do you go about reheating them? Just pop them in the microwave for x amount of minutes?

That's what I do.

This might sounds like a ramble, I'm sorry for that. Just not sure how to get it out. And it needs out.

I had a revelation last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it. So my week 2 was pretty weak but today, I feel renewed/energized. I was driving home last night from the gym, thinking of WHY I'm doing this. All the "good" reasons are there but you know what, living a healthy life and being healthy just don't motivate me. Dying young does not scare me or motivate me like the petty things do. I don't know why.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, proving the nay-sayers wrong and proving to my friends and family that I WILL follow through on this is almost more important to me. Messed up priorities huh. Yes I want to be a better person, yes I want to be able to run a mile, yes I want to be able to carry something heavy more than a few steps but more importantly, I want to look good. I want to work my ass off, run 5k, 10k, etc all by working hard.

I have a friend who worked out for a year. Not just running but with a trainer 3x a week. She wasn't seeing any progress/results. Personally, I think it was her diet but she still doesn't seem to want to change that. So she had laser assisted body contouring liposuction. She looks good and still goes to the gym and still works out with a trainer 3x a week. There is some part of me that wants to look as good as she does, but achieve it by a healthy diet and exercise. I've been spouting healthy eating alternatives to her for a while and feel like I need proof, besides all the research I've done.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this revelation, but I'm done lying to myself.

Edited by Jonesy

This might sounds like a ramble, I'm sorry for that. Just not sure how to get it out. And it needs out.

I had a revelation last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it. So my week 2 was pretty weak but today, I feel renewed/energized. I was driving home last night from the gym, thinking of WHY I'm doing this. All the "good" reasons are there but you know what, living a healthy life and being healthy just don't motivate me. Dying young does not scare me or motivate me like the petty things do. I don't know why.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, proving the nay-sayers wrong and proving to my friends and family that I WILL follow through on this is almost more important to me. Messed up priorities huh. Yes I want to be a better person, yes I want to be able to run a mile, yes I want to be able to carry something heavy more than a few steps but more importantly, I want to look good. I want to work my ass off, run 5k, 10k, etc all by working hard.

I have a friend who worked out for a year. Not just running but with a trainer 3x a week. She wasn't seeing any progress/results. Personally, I think it was her diet but she still doesn't seem to want to change that. So she had laser assisted body contouring liposuction. She looks good and still goes to the gym and still works out with a trainer 3x a week. There is some part of me that wants to look as good as she does, but achieve it by a healthy diet and exercise. I've been spouting healthy eating alternatives to her for a while and feel like I need proof, besides all the research I've done.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this revelation, but I'm done lying to myself.

Well, motivations are a complex area, and I don't think it's always straightforward to know what our real motivations are. I've seen a distinction drawn between reasons to do X (on the one hand) and motivations to do X (on the other). And sometimes it's hard to tell what are inert 'good reasons' for doing something which nevertheless do little actual motivational work. Sometimes we look back and - after the fact - assign a more noble reason to explain what we've done than what truly motivated us. I think with something as complex and radical as changing to a more healthy lifestyle (which, however we break it down and do it gradually, is still a radical change in habit, routines and outlook), there are very likely to be competing motivations, overlapping motivations, and changing motivations over time. I think there may be very deep seated psychological reasons why we decide to do the things that we do (rather than something else) and why we decide to do them now (rather than last year, or next year) that we can't properly understand and can't fully control.

To me it makes perfect sense to see someone who has the results that you want, and to want those results your own way. I'm sceptical about liposuction and similar techniques as I suspect that a lack of underlying change of habit may mean they're a temporary fix. But equally, I can see why having something to lose (a great new look) might be a greater motivator than imagined possible improvements. I guess some might call it cheating, but personally (having had major surgery for a non-weight loss reason before) I'd sooner change my diet and exercise more than undergo invasive medical procedures, and I can't help but have a weird but grudging respect for those who want it that badly. But that's just me.

In some ways I think the exact nature of our motivation isn't that important - as long as we don't neglect other aspects of our lives in pursuit of better health and fitness, it's undeniably a laudable goal.

Well, motivations are a complex area, and I don't think it's always straightforward to know what our real motivations are. I've seen a distinction drawn between reasons to do X (on the one hand) and motivations to do X (on the other). And sometimes it's hard to tell what are inert 'good reasons' for doing something which nevertheless do little actual motivational work. Sometimes we look back and - after the fact - assign a more noble reason to explain what we've done than what truly motivated us. I think with something as complex and radical as changing to a more healthy lifestyle (which, however we break it down and do it gradually, is still a radical change in habit, routines and outlook), there are very likely to be competing motivations, overlapping motivations, and changing motivations over time. I think there may be very deep seated psychological reasons why we decide to do the things that we do (rather than something else) and why we decide to do them now (rather than last year, or next year) that we can't properly understand and can't fully control.

To me it makes perfect sense to see someone who has the results that you want, and to want those results your own way. I'm sceptical about liposuction and similar techniques as I suspect that a lack of underlying change of habit may mean they're a temporary fix. But equally, I can see why having something to lose (a great new look) might be a greater motivator than imagined possible improvements. I guess some might call it cheating, but personally (having had major surgery for a non-weight loss reason before) I'd sooner change my diet and exercise more than undergo invasive medical procedures, and I can't help but have a weird but grudging respect for those who want it that badly. But that's just me.

In some ways I think the exact nature of our motivation isn't that important - as long as we don't neglect other aspects of our lives in pursuit of better health and fitness, it's undeniably a laudable goal.

Thanks Rostov! Maybe deep down I do think it's cheating and I want to show that I'm better than that. Not to them but for myself. I guess my initial reaction was an eye opener and it took me by surprise that my motivators were not all that "noble".

And by them I mean my friend and my mom. My mom had a tummy tuck when I was younger and she didn't work to keep it off.

That's what I do.

I agree with what Rostov said but want to add in something I found ironic.

As Ive mentioned before I am doing Thrive Weightloss. The very first thing you do when you begin this lifestyle is you go through and you write down your WHY. You write a painful and a pleasureful why. So Ill use myself as an example and please excuse my grammar and punctuation if its not very good right here lol.

So for me one of my WHY's is basic and that I am tired of being fat. So lets work off this.

Im tired of being fat. - Why? - Because I dont feel good about myself. - Why? Because I know I can be better and look better. - Why? Because I have achieved success before and I currently have low self esteem.

So all you do is take a why that you have and try to break it down all the way to its core. Remind yourself of this daily. Find your worst picture of yourself (in your opinion obviously!) and put it somewhere. Then go and find a picture of you when you were happy with yourself or a picture of someone you want to look like and look at those two images daily.

My fiance and I kind of had a revelation last night and decided that even if we move slow we are still doing better than we were. We are going to keep going at the pace we are because its not slow but its not fast either. We decided this because we know that if we continue like this we will atleast look better in a year then we do now and had we continued on the course we were on we would be fatter and worse then we will be in a year from now.

It is great that you have thought about your Why, it can be a powerful motivator.

Edit: Dont feel like you have to share your why's either. Even if they are "narcissistic" (and I use the term lightly. As humans we are all that way and we all want to love ourselves) if it motivates you, use it.

Very deep Aqweei. I think there could be multiple whys on separate paths as well. The selfish me wants to look like I walked off a super hero movie set because my self esteem is low now and I bet I would feel like a bad ass. But my big why is so that not only can I live a long healthy life, but live the example for my children so that do not end up being 385 lbs like I was. That terrifies me. I have not had a bad life, but I would definitely do it differently if I had a mulligan.

Jonesy. I think that is awesome that you want to be the example for your friend and mother. My Mother and I have both been overweight for as long as I can remember. We are not very close, and it would seem that we are both working on weight loss now. She has done probably a zillion fad diets/plans and not had noticeable results. She has noticed my results though, and I think what caused her failures was that she was not sticking to an 80/20. I hope that my success can play a bigger role in her making more of the right decisions instead of the when I feel like it method. She has been supportive of me and my goals and hopefully in the end we will be closer as well.

I hope everyone is having an awesome week.

Very deep Aqweei. I think there could be multiple whys on separate paths as well. The selfish me wants to look like I walked off a super hero movie set because my self esteem is low now and I bet I would feel like a bad ass. But my big why is so that not only can I live a long healthy life, but live the example for my children so that do not end up being 385 lbs like I was. That terrifies me. I have not had a bad life, but I would definitely do it differently if I had a mulligan.

Jonesy. I think that is awesome that you want to be the example for your friend and mother. My Mother and I have both been overweight for as long as I can remember. We are not very close, and it would seem that we are both working on weight loss now. She has done probably a zillion fad diets/plans and not had noticeable results. She has noticed my results though, and I think what caused her failures was that she was not sticking to an 80/20. I hope that my success can play a bigger role in her making more of the right decisions instead of the when I feel like it method. She has been supportive of me and my goals and hopefully in the end we will be closer as well.

I hope everyone is having an awesome week.

Im hoping for a similar result myself. My father and mother are both overweight and I am obviously predisposed to being overweight thanks to genetics. However Ive seen both of my parents lose weight. Its just getting them motivated. I really want to get my dad in shape again. He has done it before when my little sister was born. He's diabetic and I know he knows how to eat right. I think he has a severe carb addiction because quite frankly when he grew up he was dirt poor (and if youve read Why We Get Fat you will see that the poorest people are generally over weight because they are only able to afford the simple carbs) and on top of that he works swing shift. We all think its hard getting into a routine when we all, for the most part, seem to work 9-5's or something similar. He is working 1st shift one week, 2nd shift the next, and then 3rd shift the 3rd week.

I know its not a good excuse but it does make it more difficult on him. So I am hoping to be able to motivate my entire family to lose more weight because I want them to be around for a long time for myself but also for my 9 year old sister.

BTW Hulmek, unless Im thinking of someone else you deserve an applause for being as diligent as you are because you are currently working 2 jobs correct?

BTW Hulmek, unless Im thinking of someone else you deserve an applause for being as diligent as you are because you are currently working 2 jobs correct?

Yes, I work 2 jobs. 49 hrs 1 week and 57 hours the next, alternating. Luckily I am off every other Friday at my day job. Sometimes it sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

We are done with week 3 and the challenge is half over!!!! How is everyone feeling/doing?

How was everyone's November?

Been feeling kinda complacent with my workout routine. Same thing every other day. So, today I found an app that gives you different workouts to do every day based upon your fitness level. Gorilla Workout. I am thinking this is what I needed to liven it up once again. I think a NF version of this app would be awesome.

Been feeling kinda complacent with my workout routine. Same thing every other day. So, today I found an app that gives you different workouts to do every day based upon your fitness level. Gorilla Workout. I am thinking this is what I needed to liven it up once again. I think a NF version of this app would be awesome.

Way to shake up your routine. You're going to have to keep us updated on that app and how you like it/or don't like it. :)

Meh, things aren't great for me at the moment. I was in a fairly nice routine and everything was going well, but recently it's been one thing after another with friends visiting, celebrations of various kinds, relatives visiting this week. All of which means I'm getting less time to exercise and the wrong sort of foods are around too often, and I'm much less good than I thought I was at resisting temptation. But on the plus side, a lot of the bad food has now been eaten and won't be being replaced. And what I've called disruption to my food and exercise routines has generally been fun, and so I don't really regret it. And Christmas is coming up, and that's not going to be easy either. But all this means that I need to refocus and redouble my efforts when I can. And it's not all bad news... the couch to 5k is going well, though I do need to sort out my bodyweight routine and swap in some harder exercises with fewer reps to stop me getting bored.

My November has been decent. Thanksgiving and what not was a bust but ill end up with about 4 really good weeks. So I'm happy overall.

Good luck guys. I hope you all finish strong.