(and yes, I do realize that the thread title is only valid based on my current location and won't probably even be valid there by the time I finish this introductory post, but I think that we can all just agree to ignore that minor incongruence for the time being.)

I'm new here (hence the intro) and was led to these boards by my wife who showed me the OMFG section (how she found this board is anyone's guess). My story is really pretty much inseparable from hers, since we spend pretty much all of our non-work/school/commuting time together. We were both ~285 last February (and at my 5'8" with little muscle that was not really an acceptable weight). We didn't consider nutrition much when we ate and we ate far too large of portions of the items that we did eat. We had really done no exercise for the years that we'd been together and it showed.

February 2010 we decided to try to turn that around. She's a great cook and we've been trying to pay more attention to what (and how much) we eat. To that end we've been eating in more and trying to pay attention to the nutrition facts posted places when we eat out. Coupling that with some running (admittedly more sporadic than it ought to be) and tennis when the weather is good, and we've both lost over 70 pounds so far.

We're both just trying to make that transition from schooling to real life and trying to be "real adults", so I appreciate the holistic approach of the OMFG game and the boards in general. As an avid gamer and nerd this board seems like a good home for me and hopefully the community here, in addition to the OMFG, can help to keep this going for us while we try to level up our lives.

So, in sum, howdy NF board! I hope that this can be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Hiya! Welcome to you and possibly your wife! Congrat on your journey so far! I was amazed when I discovered healthy food can taste just as delicious as unhealthy food (or more amazing, since it doesn't make you feel sick afterward!).

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins