Hello everyone. May I join?

Hello everyone! I'm a 31 y/o woman, who loves movies, sci-fi, arts and computers. I found the NF blog a couple of days ago, looking for Paleo info and motivation. And so far, I'm loving what I've read.

A bit of me: A couple of years ago, I was offered a wonderful job in a security company where I work as a researcher. My dream job, which has given me lots of chances to grow (economically, emotionally, intellectually...), where I met amazing smart people and I've made friends. Valuable since I'm a bit of a loner. The only downside of it is the 200% commitment (workaholics welcome!) you have to put on it, which made my sedentarism and junk food consumption even bigger. A common thing that happenes in my workplace:

-"uhhh, terrible day. We need to shake it off"

-"beers and pizza in the corner bar?

-"YAYYYYYY!!"

Til one January 2012 morning, I couldn't be sadder about what I saw in the mirror. My 30 y/o body was a representation of a poor lifestyle: cigarrettes, alcohol, emotional eating (the one that makes you eat not only when stressed, but also when you're happy!), Plus, some other issues (my long time bf chose a better job in other country rather than a life with me, my father's death) that took the best out of me. So I joined a gym, got rid of a bunch of unhealthy stuff inside the pantry and increased my consumption of fruits and veggies, and water. My stats:

-Height: 5,2

-Weight: 130 lbs

(I'll get an medical evaluation this week so I'll know more of my current status)

Now, I'm in 120 lbs, and I feel good. I look healthier, feel better in my clothes, but there are small changes to make. That's why I'm trying to start Paleo, I wanna be able to build more muscle and increase my strenght, and be proud of myself. I lift and do dead weights but still light compared to some awesome women I've seen. So here I am, enjoying this community, learning from everybody and, hopefully, help and support with my knowledge and experience (not much so far, but my intentions are good ;) ).

Nice to meet you :)

Welcome! I just joined myself, and I'm loving this community as well. Excellent choice to continue going with self-improvement, instead of stopping at, "Good enough", just to lapse back into bad habits. There seems to be an awful lot of great people here, all contributing to helping each other grow and learn, so I'd say stick with it.

Cheers!

TheRedWriter

Level 3 Doppelganger Ranger
"Think not that you have to win. Think instead that you do not have to loose."
STR 8|DEX 4.5|STA 11|CON 6|WIS 6.5|CHA 5

Hello and welcome! You and I have a lot in common when it comes to the workplace. EVERYTHING revolves around food where I work. I have a desk job, work 8-5 everyday in front of a computer. To avoid the manotany of the day, my coworkers use food. We have a soda machine in the break room that is free to employees and provides us with UNLIMITED soda all day long. It is always somebody's birthday (650 employees it is bound to happen!) or some just wants a partner in crime to tackle a box of Krispy Kremes. :Sigh:

What is a girl gone paleo supposed to do? I have seriously outcasted myself by saying "no" to every pastry offered to me, and people seem irritated by my refusal. I don't like being different, but this is my body and my health, not theirs. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Female 5'5 117 lbs

Cara, Level 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

Thanks TheRedWriter and Cara for the warm welcome!

To avoid the manotany of the day, my coworkers use food. We have a soda machine in the break room that is free to employees and provides us with UNLIMITED soda all day long. It is always somebody's birthday (650 employees it is bound to happen!) or some just wants a partner in crime to tackle a box of Krispy Kremes.

I'm pretty sure we are in different countries, but this sounds EXACTLY like my office! I don't feel bad saying no to candy and pastries, pizza and fries, but every now and then I get a very sad "You used to be cool, girl". But at the end of the day they don't push it on me anymore. I have my weakness moments, but I try to minimize the damage: If I feel like binging on pasta, I go for whole wheat fusilli mixed with veggies and shrimps (not very Paleo, but I'm still building the habit).

There seems to be an awful lot of great people here, all contributing to helping each other grow and learn, so I'd say stick with it.

Cheers!

Absolutely! All the posts I've read so far, everyone is always willing to share experiences... other fitness forums/communities have a strange "I know better than you" vibe that draws me back. I'm having a blast here so far!