Greetings, fellow Rebels! I am SO excited to be here!!! Nerd Fitness has already had so many positive effects on my life, and I've only been part of the Rebellion for a week! Just goes to show how much influence the right ideas can have on you.

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say how wonderful I think you all are -- I've read so many posts and replies and the way you support one another is inspiring! I really look forward to getting to know you.

I am still trying to figure out all of my goals and what my path will be, but I *do* know this: I want to learn Parkour (a dream I figured was impossible until Steve said otherwise!), become fluent in all of the languages I already speak/know (English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian) and tack on a few more (you know, just for fun! ;)), graduate from college -- which I will do in two more terms (SCARY), do a handstand push-up, achieve a weight that is under 200lbs (216 currently, and counting [in the negative direction]!), replace emotional/boredom snacking with positive activities (taking pictures, watching TED videos, listening to music, spending face-time with my awesome and wonderful partner, etc.), and *of course* establish a consistent and fruitful exercise habit to carry me through my long life! And drink more water.

:)

It's been a long road to get where I am -- major losses in my immediate family, a string of unhealthy relationships, a battle with booze, and more! -- but like they say, it's not where I am but where I'm going. I can't wait to move forward and level up with all of you guys -- thanks for being here!

Trust yourselves, and take care --

Emily

Name: Tibi Fide -- "Trust in Yourself"

Race: Centaur

Profession: Monk, Level 2

Attributes: Str4 Dex5 Sta1 Con6 Wis5 Cha2"First step - forget fall off of horse. Second step - get back onto horse. Third step - conquer the known universe."-- Dillpedo

Another language nerd, yay! I wish I knew how to speak Arabic and Russian... Impressive!

Anyhow, welcome! Look forward to seeing you on the forum, if you have any questions - feel free to ask.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Welcome, Emily. Sorry for your losses! That is super hard. Congrats on conquering your relationships and the bottle. Those are challenges lots of people never recover from, and yet here you are, ready to kick some butt and rule the world (or get fit. You know, whichever happens first :) ) Welcome to the rebellion.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I just joined NF and hope to be a more active member of the community. I actually speak English and Lebanese Arabic, however I am not fluent in Lebanese Arabic yet. (I should be as I am first generation Lebanese American). You should try visiting Lebanon it really is an amazing country to visit

مرحبا