• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fiachan

Team Wordy Stuff

Heyo! Looking for folks who want to be held accountable with they have a writing related goal this Challenge.

We can share word counts and snippets of things we're really proud of. Whose with me?

Members:

Fiachan

UmbrellaFrog

AngelBlaidd

Skyfire

slobberneck

Edited by Fiachan

Hey Fi,

I'll join you as most of my challenge has to do with blogging and research. Hope that's ok?

I've kinda neglected my personal blog, plus i've created a new blog and i've been given the added responsibility of managing and writing the work's blog - so lots of blogs in my future.

I'm not counting words or anything, but i have to post 12 new recipes to my Paleo blog, 6 journal entries to my personal blog and 4 articles for our work blog, by the end of the challenge.

Yay!

Part C, section 1, subsections a and b were completed today. If I keep a rhythm of two subsections a day and stop checking the forum every five minutesI should be able to have it all done by Sunday evening, even accounting for the fact that I have guests on the weekend...

I know I put 'be in bed by 11PM' in my challenge plans (it's currently 11:02), but something tells me I CAN do at least part of subsection c tonight...

Ack, I'm having a hard time getting the words on the page today. I know where act 2 and 3 are going, but don't know how to GET there. Brain won't stay focused.

Ack, I'm having a hard time getting the words on the page today. I know where act 2 and 3 are going, but don't know how to GET there. Brain won't stay focused.

Maybe take a break today and do something completely different to give your brain a breather? Like painting instead? Otherwise why don't you start at the end and work your way backwards. Isn't that how we plan trips - we know where we're going and from there we work our way backwards to where we are now. So we're going to Ohio, now we need to find a place to stay (book a hotel), we need to get to Ohio (plan a route out or call a travel agent or book a ticket online), then we need to do stuff while there, so we research the town. Does this help any? I'm not a writer so i don't actually know whether it's useful info?!

I posted my first challenge related recipe. yay!!

@Angelblaidd: Well done!

I think I'm going to go sit with a notebook and just write down some possible things that could happen, and see if any of them fit.

Good luck with that!

Angelblaidd-> congratulations! it looks tasty! I'm not on a paleo diet, but I'm bookmarking it :)

As for me, well, it was pretty much 100% fail today (I've written, what, three lines? make it 98% fail maybe), so I'm going to go away so as not to jinx the thread...

Don't be silly Frog. What's holding you back? Are other things getting in the way or are you stuck on your topic?

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

So... I was already extremely doubtful about my ability to finish Chapter III this week, but now, barring a miracle involving certain gentleman in a blue phone box, it's definitely been bumped to 'impossible'.

Trying to look up some details about 5th century BC literary theory, I read a few things that made me realise a huge part was missing from my work, and I probably must rework the plan completely to be able to insert it, maybe even merge Chapters III and IV and/or swap the missing part with Chapter IV... On one hand, I'm a bit discouraged right now. On the other hand, I knew there was something unsatisfying about my plan, and I now have a completely new territory to explore relating to the history of poetry and the way the Greeks saw literature and language (yes, to me, that's exciting^^)

Knowing me, my dominant thought will now be "well, since I can't accomplish my goal anyway, might as well relax a bit. What's on TV?" I will fight that thought.

What about you, how have you been doing?

On the other hand, I knew there was something unsatisfying about my plan, and I now have a completely new territory to explore relating to the history of poetry and the way the Greeks saw literature and language (yes, to me, that's exciting^^)

Sounds interesting to me too! I was an English Major, and particularly love ancient cultures, so stuff like that gets me excited. My novel is borrowing a lot of Greek and Norse mythology (yes, mashed together).

Knowing me, my dominant thought will now be "well, since I can't accomplish my goal anyway, might as well relax a bit. What's on TV?" I will fight that thought.

No, STOP IT! Give me the remote! *hides remote* You can watch one hour of tv after you've sat at your computer for, um...two hours.

What about you, how have you been doing?

Today is another writing day, but after work and after my HIIT workout. And then date night with hubby this evening. We are going to see SkyFall.

Hello! UmbrellaFrog referred me here, which is great, as I'd thought a few days ago that a writing accountability group would rock! And now you've created one!

Can I join please? :) Even if week 1 has turned out to be a write-off (sorry ;) ) for me!

• Like 1

Yes! Welcome!

I'm going to be away this next week. I wonder if I will get any writing done at all while sipping margaritas... You all better get some good words done while I'm gone!

No blogging for me over the weekend - how'd everyone else do? Kev? Froggie?

Have a good break Fi. We'll see you in week 3.

I had my housewarming party yesterday night, so I spent my Saturday cooking and cleaning, and my Sunday zoning out a lot after missing half my usual sleep time. Not much was achieved except for a lot of fun :) I did show my friend the beginning of my webcomic project and he uttered a kind of unenthusiastic 'yeah, it could be interesting'. Er, thanks?

... The frog thing is really sticking to me, by the way. My friends brought me a couple of presents - a mug decorated with frogs, and a frog bicycle bell. I don't even have a bicycle anymore, for God's sake (it was stolen a few weeks ago and they knew it) I think they enjoy my 'oh no, not again' look :D

Sign in to follow this