• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Fiachan

Team Wordy Stuff

you guys are all doing so well. i typed up and scheduled another blog post last night (to be uploaded this evening). My Paleo Blog is looking meaty (excuse the pun) and i'm rather proud of that. Also i am managing to get some good journalistic articles out on my work blog.

Yay go Slobberneck and AngelBlaidd! Slow and steady wins the race, although 910 words sounds rather speedy (but then I guess you're in the scouts ;) )

After a week of mooching about, I had a brainwave (yay!) last night about a blog I want to start. I've been thinking about this off/on for a number of years (including a couple of failed attempts at getting going) but now I have the ANGLE I want, the inspiration just flooded in! I couldn't sleep until I jotted down a number of article ideas and by the time I finished, I had 27 potential decent types of articles written down there for starters! Including ideas for interviews with some friends of mine/people I know, which I think would be an asset to the blog!

Unfortunately the domain name I want .com is registered, BUT... it expires at the end of this December, and the owner has obviously never done anything with it web-wise so fingers crossed it becomes available and I can snap it up. In the mean time I plan on getting a horde of articles written so I can launch the site around the start of the new year (I'm taking quite a bit of time off work then, so that'll help). Yay!!!

I will keep schtum for now about the type of content but - assuming everything goes to plan - it won't be long before I can talk about it :) Hopefully the idea is unique, I think the take is relatively original!

Feeling enthused again, and really passionate about this now I have the slant I want.

Go slobberneck! You're doing mighty fine, as some might say! :)

I'm waiting til I've got choir out of the way at work (this Thursday) before I return to writing, otherwise I seem to have too much going on at once! I can't sleep right now (3am!) as I had the piano part to "O Come All Ye Faithful" going round and round in my head and eventually I had to get up and look at the music for the bit I couldn't remember! Bring back on the contented rest...

Let's make these last 2 weeks before Christmas really count if we can, and be one of those groups that finishes strong!

*pompom* Go Team Wordy!! *pompom*

Impressive Friday work there Slobberneck :)

I was running a number of choir rehearsals throughout the week until our performance on Thursday which was counting towards my daily creativity index! (in replacement of daily word count)

This weekend I've watched 2 documentaries on the history of Rome which count towards my research - have learned quite a lot, which is good. Have felt totally wiped out so having to take it easy.

I actually wrote 1400 words yesterday. I believe I have made a breakthrough in my quest to Finally Write a Novel. Even if this novel doesn't end up being the one I sell, I'm learning an awful lot from it.

I agree, Kevralyn! Go Team Wordy!!

Wednesday - about 250 words.

Thursday - nada.

Friday - 1050 words.

Today - tbd. THE NIGHT IS YOUNG!

Impressive Friday work there Slobberneck :)

I was running a number of choir rehearsals throughout the week until our performance on Thursday which was counting towards my daily creativity index! (in replacement of daily word count)

This weekend I've watched 2 documentaries on the history of Rome which count towards my research - have learned quite a lot, which is good. Have felt totally wiped out so having to take it easy.

I actually wrote 1400 words yesterday. I believe I have made a breakthrough in my quest to Finally Write a Novel. Even if this novel doesn't end up being the one I sell, I'm learning an awful lot from it.

You guys are all doing phenomenally!!!

I on the other hand, had such a crappy week, i am glad i pre organised blog posts to go out this week to cover myself - it's like i somehow knew i was going to need it!

Hi there wonderful writers!! Hope you're all well and scrawling away in a kind of digital manner.

Would anybody be interested in a group retrospective of how we've fared in this challenge - what obstacles we've found that get in the way of us writing, and ways/solutions you've come up with to get around these?

I've definitely found it hard to carve out time for writing - when I moved it to my work lunch-hour this was successful for a fortnight, but then my lunchtimes got totally packed with other things (choir & meetings) and the idea of doing this on top of all that felt exhausting.

In addition, I think I've got to a mentally tricky bit of the world-building doc & it seems a slog at the moment to work out how things piece together. I suspect once I get over a few hurdles (blank pieces of virtual paper) it'll all roll out quite nicely, but getting going seems to be tough.

Lastly, even though I set my targets quite low (100 words in a session), as I got more into the flow, I was mentally aiming for at least 400 words which was taking up my whole lunch hour and getting in the way of actual work. Not being able to meet my mental desires, or feeling exhausted by the thoughts of hacking out 400 words definitely got in the way of even starting. (Probably a perfectionist procrastination trait)

With the blog, I'd hoped to launch it early next year but just the thought of that made my brain tired in a similar way to the above, so I'm thinking of cranking out about 2 or 3 months' worth of content in advance to have a comfortable pipeline/buffer before it goes live to the world. Fortunately, I have a lot of time off around Christmas/the new Year, so I'll really have to make that count!

I feel I've given up on this week until Saturday arrives, as I just have to power my way through the last few days of work this week. Today I had a 7.5 hour long meeting which started Monday and is finishing (hopefully!!!) tomorrow, and I'm managing a difficult situation at work, so my willpower or equivalent is being drained in that direction!

I'd be interested to hear your experiences... :)

I haven't updated in a few days. It's been slow going, I'm sad to say. I have been trying to write daily. I did not write on Sunday or Monday, but I have been writing every other day.

I guess what I've learned is that writing begets more writing. It's hard to carve out time some days, but on those days I give myself 30 min to write. Even if all I get out is a couple of hundred words, well that's better than no words. The most annoying part about writing is...writing. ;) But it must be done!

Kev, SN i will give feedback either tomorrow or friday after i get through my last day of work! I am soooo tired at the moment, i am struggling to keep my eyes open.

Well done slobberneck! That's a fantabulous amount of wordage (usage of unproper words intended ;) )

AB - hope you are recovering. I've just made it to the end of Friday work and, what can I say, relieved! I'd be interested to hear how things went once you've got your breath and energy back :)

Until then, good writing and enjoy everybody!!

SN if you had written anything with Christmas on the horizon I'd have been darn I pressed.

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this