• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiraedd

The Fellowship of Adventurers (Finally)

Hey all! I realised Draco hadn't already made this for me (way to make me take responsibility for my own actions, Draco :glare: ) so I decided to start it up! Sorry it took me so long :) Also, if you tried PM'ing me I don't know what was up with that -- my box wasn't full but messages still weren't making it. If you had a better/different suggestion for the name we can always switch it up later. These are the members of our group:

1 Hiraedd

2 Lyr

3 Candi

4 Wirilome

5 Draco

6 Jeloc

7 PaleoIsh

I haven't seen all of your threads yet, so I don't know what you're working towards or what you want this group to become....for me, I'm going to make it a priority to check your threads first each time I log on and see if there is any encouraging I can do. Also, I think we should post whatever we want in here, including encouragement, dissapointments, and things we need help with.

Questions? Comments? Critiques? Let's get this group started!

-H

(Edit: names are now linked to individual challenge threads)

Edited by Hiraedd
linkish prettymaking

Thanks for getting us started, Hiraedd, and I like the name! Also, I second that Congrats!!

I'm with you on the goals for this group. I'll also make it a priority to check each of your threads daily to see what I can do.

Also, I think it'll be great if we take particular care to all post regularly (updates here or in our own thread) to show that we're on track. If the group notices that someone has started to slip up, we can provide support and check in more frequently. Leave no Adventurer behind! :)

Hey all - I'm thinking about changing some of my goals and would like some advice.

I started out with a paleo goal (learn about paleo, then implement a meal plan, count days on, etc.)

But once I read up about it, I realized that jumping into it with my diet the way it is is going to mean going almost Atkins plus fruit - I don't eat much in the way of veggies on a regular basis, unless it has some kind of sweet sauce. I mean I go through stretches where I'm good on veggies, but....

What do you all think of changing my count-days-of-paleo to count-servings-of-veggies or count-days-of-5+-servings?

What is it you're really after, the taking out of bread-like things, grains, etc. (paleo) or the increase in vegetables (paleo, somewhat, but also other things), because whichever it is should be the one you track. After you know that it's just a matter of wording :)

And thank you all for the congratulations. I was floored and honoured to be chosen. If you had told me at the start of the last challenge that I would be "most improved" I would never have believed you. It just goes to show what some goals and a committed community of encouragers can do for a person!

What is it you're really after, the taking out of bread-like things, grains, etc. (paleo) or the increase in vegetables (paleo, somewhat, but also other things), because whichever it is should be the one you track. After you know that it's just a matter of wording :)

I completely agree. Figure out exactly what you're tracking first, then make sure that the goal is both challenging and achievable. Personally, I would want to set a goal of a certain number of servings per day/week - like your suggestion of 5+ servings per day, Draco. That's just me, though. I like having defined goals that I can push towards, and I also like that little burst of satisfaction and relief I get when I achieve them. It's like crossing something off a to-do list (something that I also really enjoy).

Well I definately worked out too hard, and am going to regret that tomorrow. Good thing tomorrow is a rest day! How about the rest of you?

Sorry Guys. I work nights so it's hard to update sometimes. I'll update after work in the morning. I was wondering about assigning points to the goals and the specifics of updating.

Jeloc! Good to see you! For assigning points, you have 15 to spread out between your 4 goals, and you can't put more than 5 on one goal. Other than that it is up to you which categories they belong to. If you need help figuring out which would be good categories for the points, let me know. Anyway, when you decide on your points, just go back to your goal post (your first post in your challenge thread) and click "edit post" at the bottom, and put them beside their goals so we can all see them.

Do you always work nights? I could never handle that!

What would you like to know about updating?

Well I definately worked out too hard, and am going to regret that tomorrow. Good thing tomorrow is a rest day! How about the rest of you?

So far, so good. Today's going to be difficult, though. I won't have time to go to the gym tonight or tomorrow, so I'm going to start one of the body weight routines today. Haven't decided on the Beginner's one or Angry Birds. Does anyone have experience with either/both?

I'll update after work in the morning.

I look forward to checking it out!

I think that I am on a completely different time zone from the rest of you guys, but we just report in when we can, just glad to hear from anyone really!!

When do we start with the mini challenges? I´m looking forward to them!!

Hi all! How do I get included in this group? I started a thread with my info and I filled out the form that went to Stacey. Maybe this is the wrong group for me? ANyhow- I love reading about all of your goals and accomplishments!

I think that I am on a completely different time zone from the rest of you guys, but we just report in when we can, just glad to hear from anyone really!!

I'm technically on your schedule

Hiraedd do I update in my original post or as a reply. I'm updating my goals now.

Oh and I work Monday through Friday nights. The weekend totally screws up my schedule so that is why I have to get organized.

Hey PaleoIsh, yeah, you are on a different time zone than us, but not to worry! We'll still get around to cheering you on when we return. Very cool that you're from Norway! It's winter where I am...is it winter where you are yet?

Hi all! How do I get included in this group? I started a thread with my info and I filled out the form that went to Stacey. Maybe this is the wrong group for me? ANyhow- I love reading about all of your goals and accomplishments!

Hi Quel, and welcome! These groups in the accountabili-buddies forums are small groups of people who signed up on this sheet to support and help out one another specifically. They are designed around a small number so that everyone can keep up with each other. That being said, I was going to invite you to join us even though we're full, but there's another group of Adventurers who only have 3 members, and it seems unfair of me to steal you away when they could really use you! Click that link, head to the Adventurer's tab at the bottom, and add your name to the "Hopeful Hobbits". They should have a thread in this forum, too, and I'm sure they'll be glad to have you. :)

Hiraedd do I update in my original post or as a reply. I'm updating my goals now.

Hey Jeloc! If you are updating as in altering your goals, edit your original post. If you are updating as in telling us how it is going, do it in a new post. That helps us keep up with the flow of conversation.

I'm going to start one of the body weight routines today. Haven't decided on the Beginner's one or Angry Birds. Does anyone have experience with either/both?

Glad things are going well, Lyr! I haven't done Angry Birds but I do the Beginner's one regularly (3x per week) and like it quite a bit (if by like it you mean I curse the lunges and shake uncontrollably during the planks...). I have scaled it back to my ability... I do three sets of it with 10 reps of each exercise in each set. Is there something specific you'd like to know about them?

I'm away for the weekend, so please bug me with pms if you log in on Tuesday and you don't see a Monday update on my thread.

Deal. Harassing shall commense at 11:59 pm Monday :) Have a great weekend!!

Edited by Hiraedd
changed response based on group availablility and added spreadsheet link

Hi guys - sorry for running a bit late :)

Had a crazy week with exams but they are all over now and time to get more focused. Thanks Hiraedd for bugging me on my thread :) Thats just what I need :)

Candi!! So great to see you! How did your exams go (or did you post about that in your thread? I'll go check :) ) The bugging will definately continue :).

Hi there team!

Pretty OK week for me, food good, and apart from a few days with the migraine, exercise OK too. I managed 47 push ups last night, 9, 9, 11, 10, 8, and it was not easy!! Told the app it was difficult, so hopefully get an easier session tomorrow. ;)

There is no mention of challenges for this week, anyone fancy setting something up for us? New recipe? Find a weird vegetable or try a new exercise?

I´m open for almost anything, just please remember it is darkest winter here in Norway, with hail and rain most days (mind you, am still managing to fit in my 1 mile in the mornings most days).

I made Paleo Mousaka, which was delish, with a salad. What is everyone else eating? Any other Paleo/groks out there?

47? You are so awesome. Well done! Great stuff. Did you see Athena's post on the Adventurer's main board? She has an interm extra challenge for anyone who wants it until the real mini challenges start coming through...:)

I'm sort of pseudo-paleo....more by lack of desire for carbs than by anything else, but Paleo mousaka sounds pretty tasty. I had turkey casserole tonight (we always make up one of the leftovers of turkey meals and freeze them), nothing too exotic.

It's dark winter here too. Stupid winter. Oh, wait, winter kills all the nasty bugs. Sorry, winter, I love you!