• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiraedd

The Fellowship of Adventurers (Finally)

Yeah, I slipped up a little, too, Wirilome. It happens, and it's so hard to resist when everything is right in front of you like that.

So you enjoyed your holiday and now you're ready to dominate? Sounds good to me! Don't sweat a little slip here or there: it's called being human (or elf or whatever...). The important part is not letting it make you feel like a failure, because you're not. Not even a little, not even at all. Let's keep this train moving forwards!!

Oh yeah! I think that sometimes you have to slip up to remind yourself what you're working for and to get yourself completely back on the right path. After a couple of days of not following my routine, I totally remember and am more eager than before to stay motivated!

Does anyone have any tips for staying keeping at it? Once the initial excitement and "newness" of a workout wears off, I tend to drift back to old habits. Lately, though, I've found that switching up the music on my running playlist helps. Also, I don't let myself listen to those songs when I'm not at the gym. If I want to hear it, I have to run for it. :)

Sorry I've been gone, everyone! I've been battling a nasty cold and while it's still plauging me I'm awake enough to read and type tonight, so here I am!

For keeping workouts interesting, I've found that having a goal in mind helps a lot. For example, I am slowly working to increase the number of laps I do in the pool, and I only get to increase that number once a week. I want to increase my reps in the bodyweight workout, but I can only do that once every second week, etc. As well, trying to make it to my pushup goal last challenge kept me champing at the bit to do more pushups! It helps that I have a really really really long term goal in mind and about a hundred little steps to take to get there, so....

Anyone else have any ideas about how to keep the workouts new/interesting?