• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Rules for this Challenge!

Hear ye! Hear ye!

I officially challenge you.

Yes, you.

All of you.

I want you to figure out how to be the best you that you can possibly be.

And then make significant progress towards becoming that ‘best you’

All in the next 28 days.

Impossible, you say?

Fear not, dear rebels. We’re here to help.

ANNOUNCING THE NEXT 28 DAY CHALLENGE!

Challenge runs from January 31st - February 28, 2011

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES:

Before starting please read the following thread on how to set proper goals.
http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?1406-Goal-Setting-A-Quick-How-To

Then take some time and think about what you want to achieve not only diet/fitness wise but in your life. Think big. Just remember to be realistic, too, you don’t want to set yourself up for failure. The only thing my ‘learn to fly’ goal I set for myself when I was seven got me was a bruised rib and an angry mother.

Once you figure out what you want to achieve, figure out steps you need to take to get there, and what you can achieve in the next 28 days. These smaller steps will be your goals for this challenge!

For example, if you want to be able to eventually do a set of 15 pullups, but can’t do one now - working towards one would be a good place to start, no?

Once you’ve got all of that figured out, create your own thread here, and include:

• A bit about yourself. This is your starting point.
  • Two or three fitness/diet related goals
  • One goal that is not fitness related, but related to leveling up your life
Other things that would be useful to post, but you don't have to:

• What you plan on doing over the next 28 days to achieve these goals
  • Challenges you expect to face when trying to achieve these goals (posting them will make you think about them, and then be better prepared when they come up :))

Take a before picture on/around January 31st,
and then an after picture on February 28th. YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST THESE PICS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! These are more for you than for anybody else, and you can still win without posting a picture.

And then post as often as you'd like about your success/failures on sticking with your plan over the next 28 days.

Optional Stalking Element:
Post your facebook/twitter account and let your teammates share your triumphs - “Passed up pizza!”, commiserate with you - “dude keeps doing bicep curls in the cage and making kissy faces at the mirror!”, and yell at you – “OMG, 7th rouund of shots, nuts ot gym tomorrow!!11 lolz”.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQUADS

We’re all in this together, and we’re here to support each other.

Since no matter how hard we try, it’s pretty much impossible to keep up with everyone, we’re splitting up challengers into squads.

Squads are optional this time - if you don’t want to be a member of a squad, you don’t have to be.

Why join a squad?
Being on a squad can be a huge help - since it’s really hard to keep up with everyone (no matter how hard we all try!) having a smaller group you’re a member of will keep you more accountable. Also, we’ll be splitting up challengers based on their class, goals, and training methods, so chances are you can learn from and teach your squad members a lot.

If I’m on a squad can I help out challengers who are not on my squad?
PLEASE DO! Regardless of what squad you’re on, we’re all still members of the same rebellion.

Rules of being on a squad:

• Help out your squad members whenever you can
  • Keep somewhat active - if you dont post in your individual thread for more than a week, you’ll be considered a defunct member.
  • To keep squads active, we’ll be combining squads with a high number of defunct members as we see fit :)
  • You must pick a class, as we're basing squads off of class. You can find the list of classes here: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05/10/real-life-role-playing-what-is-your-profession/
IMPORTANT: If you want to be placed on a squad, please comment on this thread here:
http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?2061-Next-28-Day-Challenge-January-31st!&p=19548#post19548
I know it seems redundant, but it SERIOUSLY helps us out organization wise :)

PVP CHALLENGES:
You can challenge other players at any point in time. We have, however, decided to completely separate these from the 28-day challenges, so any member of the NF Community can participate in them.
Link to PVP Challenges here:
http://nerdfitness.com/community/forumdisplay.php?63-PvP-Challenges

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I think that’s it!

So, for those of you who are lazy and don’t want to read all of that:
-Read the goals thread
-Set 2-3 fitness/diet goals and 1 life leveling goal
-Create thread with this information, update as much as you want on how you’re doing
-If you want to go on a squad, post here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?2061-Next-28-Day-Challenge-January-31st!&p=19548#post19548
-Achieve your goals and support other challengers as they do the same. :)

:) Edited by spezzy