• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

The Fellowship of the Thing

The Fellowship of the Thing is a a group of friends who are working on being awesome.

Give it up for your Fellows!

Edited by Heidi
punctuation

Yay fellow Thingies!

Hiyas!

Day 1 is off to a good start for me, even though I'm two days behind. Let's see what happens tomorrow...? Though I'm gonna have to bow out of the gym, sleep is more important. *kicks insomnia*

Howdy, Steve!

I just checked out your quest and it's impressive indeed.

I am going to have to resist the urge to check in with you and ask,

"Can you hear me now?"

:)

Welcome to the journey.

How is it going today, gang?

I know I was up earlier than normal in order to get a good start on the day -- 4.2 miles before I left the gym and Khaleesi drove into my parking space. :)

Since is up to, what is it, 3 minutes now on his horse stance? I bet he's wanting some of that yoga right about now!

Happy Monday, Fellowship!

How was the weekend?

Anyone do anything Epic?

Anyone keep on keeping on?

For me, it was difficult to keep away from the cigarettes -- budget recalc was a big stressor -- but the biggest part was just how *available* they were since I was at home. So I ran a lot of errands on Saturday, and did some window shopping after Pilates on Sunday. And took the world's longest showers -- can't smoke in the water!

I have to tweak my lifting routine -- I want to kill my goals, not myself, and I'm in danger of tearing something if I don't rework the schedule on that.

This morning I biked 4.1 miles -- I'm just outside Farmer Maggot's fields!!

I did a 17 mile hike on sunday! It was fun! I took my GF and my dogs and we had a blast! I also did a 5 mile interval style run this morning before work. Gotta get my workouts in quick this week cuz I will be off on Thurs and Fri.

Heidi good job staying busy and not smoking!! Hardest thing I ever did was quit! Keep at it and you can kick it!

Thanks, Jack!

I didn't go without entirely, but I did keep it under my goal amount. Sometimes you have to take the victories as they are.

Glad to hear that the dogs keep you active and refreshed. :)

And last night after I got home from work, I dropped enough on the fourth (and final) card to go below 50% on that one.

Slow, baby steps are still steps. :)

My plan once they are at 25% is to use them as part of my regularly budgeted items (which is why I have four with small limits instead of one big honking one). Green card = boys' karate and my gym; Purple card = daycare; white card = food and petrol; black card = medical expenses.

But, Heidi, why the heck would you do that? Once you get them near zero, wouldn't you want to pay them off and leave them?

No, friend, because the world of finance is counter-intuitive, in that a person's credit score is not a measure of how responsible they are, but rather a measure of how likely a lending institution is to make money off that person. So the key to ramping up your credit score is to have debt and pay it off, keeping the total balance right around 25% of the overall limit. Crazy, I know, but I want to get my score as high as possible so I can get the best rate possible on a mortgage.

So the plan here is to use the cards for regular budget items and have them auto-paid from the checking account. Stuff is taken care of, debt is still effectively 0, but my credit score reflects my ability to use the lines of credit I have been given.

Don't think about it too much -- it'll hurt your brain.

Edited by Heidi
Typo

Still struggling with the smoking demon, but you know, two is better than fifteen (and still well below the goal of five). Also, this morning I biked 6.5 miles at level 5, taking my progress over Buckleberry Ferry and heading north. I'm on track to reach Bree by the end of the challenge, in which case there will be much rejoicing!

Hey folks --

Tomorrow is that scary food-and-family day.

What are your plans for how to work with the goals on the holiday weekend?

Yes I can hear you :-)

Awesome job on the the cards!!!! you rock

Survived the Thanksgiving food fest, even managed to get 4 miles of walking/jogging in.

I will not be participating in the Black Friday mess, so back to the normal workout today. No official "class" so I'm on my own

Ok, the truth is I fell off the chosen path on Friday in a big way (but discovered an *awesome* new wine), and the gym was a distant memory until I went to Pilates on Sunday (with the best girlfriends ever).

But I'm back on track this morning, having hit the gym for biking and arms (and a bit of abs -- after hitting Five Guys with the boys on Sunday, I figured abs work wasn't optional) and gotten to work.

Happy Monday and how is everyone?

Glad to see you back on track. I somehow managed to not eat too much over the holiday weekend. I also managed to get a normal training day in on Fri. by my lonesome. did some light leg training over the weekend and used walking to stretch the legs out a bit. Back on normal schedule today.

Happy Monday ( it's good to be back at work )