• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

The Fellowship of the Thing

Ok, kids, time for me to fess up:

Wow. I can't believe I didn't make it to the gym this morning.

Vivian was up from 11:30 until 3:00, convinced it was playtime. When my alarm went off at 6:00, I turned it off and apparently dreamed that I went to the gym, because when my timer went off to return home, I woke up, in bed, having no idea how I got there.

Sadly, my muscles manage to ache anyway.

Better luck tomorrow.

Woot!!!!!

I paid a credit card off completely.

The cool part is that I have transferred this card to the contract I have with the dojo. This means what while I will be avoiding debt, I will still be having regular activity on the card, thereby keeping the card as a positive part of my credit score.

Hey Fellows! How about posting a few items for your Bucket List in the Epic Quest section? It always starts with just a few. . . .
Working on that bucket list, like other things in my life I need to be more specific. Should have it posted here by the end of the weekend.

And having looked at my finances, I put some sizable progress on the three remaining cards today.

Slowly but surely, my peeps!

Also I didn't make it to the gym this morning -- we were all foggy, not just the landscape -- and I ache from head to toe from yesterday's Pilates workout and the unexpected Saturday-marathon of hauling a tree and then the toddler around All Freaking Day.

I need tons of water today -- craving water and carbs and salt; what is up with that -- and some rest, but with the holidays there will be shopping for Concert Clothes and the like tonight. And lightbulbs. And a drain snake. Ever noticed how Frodo and Sam didn't have to deal with parties and plumbing?

My current challenge status is:

The bike misses my butt.

No seriously, I haven't been to the gym since Thursday morning, and while that sounds like a real derailment, it isn't completely off-track.

Friday morning I did some much-needed meditation and stretching.

Saturday I hoisted and carried a tree, mostly by myself, and hoisted and carried my 30-pound toddler repeatedly. When I carried her up three very steep sets of stairs to the upper balcony to watch the Nutcracker, my heart rate was definitely engaged and I felt as though I had done several minutes at level 8 or more on the cardio front.

Sunday saw another lovely round of Pilates, one in which the girls and I broke a major sweat. I love this part of my week. The evening saw another many sets of toddler-hoists, and my arms and lower back have got to be nearing Atlas-strong. :)

Monday everything -- freaking everything, even my hair -- ached. My sleep was broken; my dreams were weird; and it took until 6:30 in the evening to truly wake up. Another series of Toddler-hoists from 5:30 to 8:30, but I'm started to acclimate.

This morning I was tired but more recovered than anything. A long hot shower did wonders to lengthen those tight muscles. I feel more rested and grounded, and I'm thinking that with a decent rest tonight, I will be back on the bike.

Watch out Sauron!

My current challenge status is:

The bike misses my butt.

No seriously, I haven't been to the gym since Thursday morning, and while that sounds like a real derailment, it isn't completely off-track.

Friday morning I did some much-needed meditation and stretching.

Saturday I hoisted and carried a tree, mostly by myself, and hoisted and carried my 30-pound toddler repeatedly. When I carried her up three very steep sets of stairs to the upper balcony to watch the Nutcracker, my heart rate was definitely engaged and I felt as though I had done several minutes at level 8 or more on the cardio front.

Sunday saw another lovely round of Pilates, one in which the girls and I broke a major sweat. I love this part of my week. The evening saw another many sets of toddler-hoists, and my arms and lower back have got to be nearing Atlas-strong. :)

Monday everything -- freaking everything, even my hair -- ached. My sleep was broken; my dreams were weird; and it took until 6:30 in the evening to truly wake up. Another series of Toddler-hoists from 5:30 to 8:30, but I'm started to acclimate.

This morning I was tired but more recovered than anything. A long hot shower did wonders to lengthen those tight muscles. I feel more rested and grounded, and I'm thinking that with a decent rest tonight, I will be back on the bike.

Watch out Sauron!

So, how goes the progress. Should I have you erase the bike voice mails ;-)

Hey, Steve.

The bike still misses me, but the progress continues on other fronts.

Toddler hoists have been joined by toddler leg-lifts and the toddler in question simply loves the evening routine while dinner cooks.

I had the 'tween time my plank and found that my current limit is 50 seconds (sounds wimpy, but is hard!). I also did 100 pilates crunches and boy am I feeling it this morning!

Bow pose, swan pose and child's pose to stretch back out after all that made a big difference.

Awesome job Heidi. Just goes to show that there's more than one path to a destination. The fact that you can bond with your kids and get physical benefits at the same time is a plus. The plank exercise sounds very intriguing to me and it's something I am going to explore because I can benefit from it. Keep it going.

Steve,

It looks as though you and I are the only members of the Fellowship board left -- thanks for the support along the way. I can't believe we only have a week left in the challenge. Ethan and Graeme have been doing well on their own, and they are looking forward to joining the NF community officially over the holiday break.

Are you in for the next six weeks challenge in the new year?

Hi, Fellows, and happy Boxing Day!

Staci and Steve are working on a new interface, and the next 6-week challenge is going up on the 7th.

Throw out some of your ideas for your coming challenges, and thoughts on what worked and what didn't on this last round.

My weaknesses this round were losing rhythm with the weird holiday scheduling. I had just about ironed that out when I was an idiot and didn't take a rest day, which resulted in a complete meltdown physically -- that is so not happening again.

The successful parts were the savings, the water consumption and the creation of the routine. I'm still looking forward to the Absent Wizard party in Bree. Also, the alcohol consumption has just melted away, which is good for my health and for my state of mind.

The 'meh' parts of the workout were the smoking and the credit cards. I really want to be done with this, but can't seem to find it in me to fight beyond the 5 a day level. For now, I'm leaving it at that, but I'm really wondering what the heck it is that I have going on with smoking. And the credit cards had to get used in order to balance out where the money to pay them off came from. I'm looking at this more closely this round. One of the four has been taken out of commission entirely, so that is a real success.

Here are the things that are on my list right now. Does this list seem too long?

What say ye, Fellows?

Foundation Stuff that I'm Continuing Forward

• Cigarettes: 5 / day max
  • Water >64 ounces/day
  • Biking 3x/week
  • Pilates 90 minutes/week
  • Weights 3x/week
  • Post battle log daily during the work week

New Stuff for this challenge

• Meditation 3x/week
  • Drink (unsweetened) tea or water only for this six weeks.
  • Increase maximum plank by holding 5+ nights a week
  • No television except for Arrow on Thursday night with the boys (Nothing until January 16)
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Clean my room

Some Legal stuff That I Can't Avoid Anymore

• DMV - this might take a whole day, but it needs straightening up. Currently scheduled for January 14-18.
  • Gather documentation for Phillip's avoidance of visitation since October.
  • File petition for custody and visitation amendment based on Phillip's abject lack of making use of the visitation he has.
  • Create a battle plan for debts. Post it to the Fellowship, even if you don't post it anywhere else. Honesty is good.

My weaknesses this round were losing rhythm with the weird holiday scheduling. I had just about ironed that out when I was an idiot and didn't take a rest day, which resulted in a complete meltdown physically -- that is so not happening again.

The successful parts were the savings, the water consumption and the creation of the routine. I'm still looking forward to the Absent Wizard party in Bree. Also, the alcohol consumption has just melted away, which is good for my health and for my state of mind.

The 'meh' parts of the workout were the smoking and the credit cards. I really want to be done with this, but can't seem to find it in me to fight beyond the 5 a day level. For now, I'm leaving it at that, but I'm really wondering what the heck it is that I have going on with smoking. And the credit cards had to get used in order to balance out where the money to pay them off came from. I'm looking at this more closely this round. One of the four has been taken out of commission entirely, so that is a real success.

Here are the things that are on my list right now. Does this list seem too long?

What say ye, Fellows?

Foundation Stuff that I'm Continuing Forward

• Cigarettes: 5 / day max
  • Water >64 ounces/day
  • Biking 3x/week
  • Pilates 90 minutes/week
  • Weights 3x/week
  • Post battle log daily during the work week

New Stuff for this challenge

• Meditation 3x/week
  • Drink (unsweetened) tea or water only for this six weeks.
  • Increase maximum plank by holding 5+ nights a week
  • No television except for Arrow on Thursday night with the boys (Nothing until January 16)
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Clean my room

Some Legal stuff That I Can't Avoid Anymore

• DMV - this might take a whole day, but it needs straightening up. Currently scheduled for January 14-18.
  • Gather documentation for Phillip's avoidance of visitation since October.
  • File petition for custody and visitation amendment based on Phillip's abject lack of making use of the visitation he has.
  • Create a battle plan for debts. Post it to the Fellowship, even if you don't post it anywhere else. Honesty is good.

I think you'll be ok on the foundation stuff, after all you're just building on it. that's good. The new stuff seems reasonable enough. I'm here for you to help get you through whatever needs getting through.

Like you Heidi I tended to lose focus on some things, perhaps the holiday schedule or some other distraction was to blame, doesn't really matter though.

I'd like to build on my Kung Fu skills which was one area I managed to make progress.

• Increase Front Horse Stance to 10 mins.
  • Perform 2500 chain punches
  • Train whilst in meeting or other non-physical activity

In addition to specific Kung Fu training, I'd like to start planking perhaps attain a 2:30 plank. Don't know if that sounds reasonable or not.

I'll add to this as I have other ideas banging around in my head. Also I didn't get far on the last challenge with the improve Work skills. We'll se how that goes this time around.

Steve, great job on the challenge and on posting your results.

As your team member, can I ask one of your next challenge communication pieces to be to post X times a week? (Maybe, like 3?)

Steve, great job on the challenge and on posting your results.

As your team member, can I ask one of your next challenge communication pieces to be to post X times a week? (Maybe, like 3?)

you know. That is a most excellent idea. I'll make the change to the list. I think 3x a week would be a good minimum.. Thanks again for the great idea