Svane's Mission #2: Getting Bigger (following RSG protocols)

Sven

On to round two! My first challenge was quite successful until I dropped all momentum in the last week, so I'll focus on finishing strong this time.

I bought the Rebel Strength Guide to help me reach my goals and will see how far it takes me in the next six weeks!

On to my missions: All are attendance-based and not result based, which makes succeeding a lot easier to control. I don't want to set goals which are too easy or just not achievable in the time frame. These habit oriented goals will also help me a lot in the future.

Mission #1:

Exercise three times a week (RSG Bodyweight Brigade: On mon, wed, fri).

The How: I'll follow the schedule for once. Top priority, no excuses.

The Why: I want to bring my bodyweight strength to the next level. So I bought the guide, can't go wrong with that. Also building muscle is an absolute requirement for not falling for a full reverse yo-yo effect when lowering calorie consumption back to normal levels.

The Challenge: I'm great at finding excuses and there's always something else to do. Also my girlfriend is not that supportive yet, because I'll be using precious hours of free time of which we don't have that much together between me getting back from work and going to bed.

Mission #2:

Consume 3000+ kcal each day.

The How: I'll track calories using ShapeUp on my iPhone and plan meals the day before. Will be eating paleo + gomad (1-2 liters at first) to reach the calorie amounts. Eggs, almonds, milk will be my supplements of choice in addition to the usual meals.

The Why: I need to gain a few healthy pounds. I look way to thin and my girlfriend says certain bones sometimes hurt when cuddling, which means they need some muscle as padding.

The Challenge: I simply forget to eat when I'm focused on something. Need to learn multitasking and eat whenever I'm not feeling full. Also need to justify everywhere that I'll be stuffing my face all the time. My co-workers better get used to that!

Mission #3:

Cold shower therapy each morning.

The How: I'll prepare my clothes in the evening and put them next to the shower, then when the alarm goes off zombie myself straight to the bath and do it before pseudo reasoning can kick in.

The Why: I flinch way too often during the day, and accomplishing this feat will help me by having faced one already. Will also greatly help at waking me up. And is better for my skin, I guess. And conserves resources (compared to hot showers).

The Challenge: The water will be freaking cold! I hate cold water! Brrr.....

Mission #4 (life mission):

Unclutter the basement and other storage spaces at least 5 minutes each day. (weekends off)

The How: I need to get down into the basement each day to check the heating anyway. So I'll just stay there some time each day and start cleaning and sorting stuff some time.

The Why: My girlfriend inherited the house from her father and the five-room basement is still full of stuff everywhere. We want to use the biggest room as a gaming room with large tvs and all of our consoles and walls full of shelves for our games some time in the future. So I NEED to make room there.

The Challenge: The amount of stuff is overwhelming and finding a place to start is always hard.

Rewards:

GOAL 1: STR + 3, STA + 1, AGI + 1

GOAL 2: STA + 1,CON + 3

GOAL 3: STA + 1, CON + 3, WIS + 1

GOAL 4: WIS + 1

I'll try to track in Lift and fitocracy. I'll also continue tracking habits I started in the the last challenge:

- Drinking 2 liters of water each day.

- Being in bed / sleeping by 11 pm.

- Getting up without snoozing.

Week one stats:

weight: 73,4 kg

measurements:

tba

and pictures:

taken

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Those sound like excellent goals, though the cold showers just sounds painful! LOL Good luck!

Amazon Warrior

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress:

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Starting Bench Weight: 45        Current Bench Weight: 65

Starting Row Weight: 65           Current Row Weight: 85

Starting OHP Weight: 45           Current OHP Weight: 55

Starting DL Weight: 65              Current DL Weight: 105

Thank you :) They are indeed. But refreshening finally..

I'm not doing as cold as possible (straight from Antarctica) yet, just a tad colder than body temperature, so that it only hurts for some seconds. Will tune further down when it get's too comfortable.

The eating is progressing well, packs of almonds and packs of milk are my best friends to meet the kcal amounts. It's getting easier. Can't wait to see if I gained in the first week or if I need to up the amount to 3500 kcal.

I'm taking the start with the RSG slowly, first two workouts were only two sets, the last and the next are 3 sets and then I'm up to full load.

Most exercises are a breeze, but I'm impressed how much I suck at close hand pushups and side planks. Yet.

The in uncluttering is also progressing, it's interesting how much 5-10 min each day can do, although I'm only sorting out trash and rearranging so far. :)

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

Nice work! You should take some before and after pics of the basement if you can. With the "after" picture being your awesome game room!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SteveTheElf, level 1 Wood elf warrior

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

My Challenge Goals

"Those who say it cannot be done, should not get in the way of those who are doing it." William Wallace

"Homer: [picking up Lisa's empty suitcase] Hmm, somebody's traveling light!

Lisa: Meh, maybe you're getting stronger.

Homer: Well, I have been eating more. " The Simpsons

Good luck, especially with the calories! I keep telling myself I should plan my meals so I know ahead of time what my intake will be.

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

As of now, the calories don't seem to be a problem anymore. Will see how that goes if I have to up them to get results. Planning ahead definitely is key!

I love the interest in the basement goal, will try to take pictures soon. Before the gaming room can be installed, there needs to be a hole in the ground made and stairs installed before we could use it, so it'll take until sometime the next year before all is set I think.

Workouts are progressing nicely, although I almost messed up yesterday because I have three days off work and was gardening first and then played XCOM: Enemy Unknown and almost forgot my workout.

Also on these days off work as well as the weekends, I struggle with the showering goal, not because of the cold temperature but because I think showering every other day is enough when you don't leave the house.

I still managed to wash my hair with cold water each day when not showering and will count that towards the challenge.

In solidarity, I took an ice cold shower this morning. You are a brave man, Svane. lol

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SteveTheElf, level 1 Wood elf warrior

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

My Challenge Goals

"Those who say it cannot be done, should not get in the way of those who are doing it." William Wallace

"Homer: [picking up Lisa's empty suitcase] Hmm, somebody's traveling light!

Lisa: Meh, maybe you're getting stronger.

Homer: Well, I have been eating more. " The Simpsons

Kudos, that's awesome! You should try those more often.. I tend to love them as much as I hate them already.. still going strong on these.

Hitting 3000 kcal is still no longer a problem, but I feel that I should up them. I've gained like 1 kg yet I think, but it might be just fluctuations.

I've actually managed to miss two workouts last week. I think this was because the level one workouts were too easy, so I needed to many reps and got bored. Then on monday, I did some excercises, nothing specific, just to do something and get back into it.

Today I started with level two workouts, and it was much more fun. I also did the warm-up and the cooldown, and everything with watching videos for form took me over 120 minutes. But it was worth it! And I think the duration will go down once I get the hang of all the new excercises and know warmup/cooldown by heart.

Uncluttering is progressing slowly, but steady. But I can't seem to focus on one room yet, so there's not that much progress visible by now.

Will post some more specific workout infos sometime tomorrow.

Glad I managed to finally post another update. :)

And I think the duration will go down once I get the hang of all the new excercises and know warmup/cooldown by heart.

I got the RSG back in June and printed out the two pages with the warm-up and cool down. I taped them to the wall where I workout as a reference and it has really helped. I had/have the same problem with having to watch the videos to make sure my form is right. Congrats on "leveling up"!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines