• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sven

The Awesomenauts

Hi! :)

This is my second challenge and I couldn't find a fitting group that still had slots - so I figured I'd create a new one.

We are The Awesomenauts. (Stole the title from a video game, shamelessly.. we might also steal the theme, which is also awesome, of course.)

You can find the group under the Cross-Guild tab. The goal is to hold everyone accountable and help encourage building and keeping momentum to push through the mental excuse hurdles that always seem to pop up along the way.

Feel free to join!

Not convinced yet? Watch the intro! Whoever joins next gets to choose a character first! (Chosing a character that suits you just judging by visuals is entirely optional. You don't have to.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj28nmC9P0M

I want the main topic of the group to be momentum. I'd love some people to join, but until then, a one man squad is also great! Yay :D

PS: Here's another link to the sign up sheet!

Edited by Sven

Hey Sven, I just signed up! Let's get this ball of momentum rolling! :) Btw, if I get to choose an Awesomenauts character, I choose the monkey with the rocket pack.

Steve

Yay! Great to have you. The monkey with the jetpack is a lovely choice! :) it seems we share some goals with RSG workouts and bulking up.. How are you doing so far?

My momentum has not really kicked in yet, but I managed to complete all tasks in the end of the day, each day so far.

Updating my thread is lacking though as I struggle to find the time, let alone check others threads.

Today, I'm starting to feel it. When our cat waked me, I awoke refreshed after 7.5 hours of sleep (compared to the usual 6, should change that really). Then got up before the alarm to update my challenge post, but before WANTED to shower my hair with cold water for the next checkmark in lift.

Hope you are doing equally well.

It sounds like you have a great start! Good luck with the cold showers! Before you know it, you'll be taking ice baths! :) My goals are going pretty well so far. My back muscles feel amazing after getting in a solid workout on Thursday and eating tons of protein over the last couple days. I'm off to the gym now for some Squats and Push Presses. Keeping it rolling!

Hello sirs,

If I may, I'd like to join this group. I had previously listed myself in another group but it seems like it never got off the ground really. This is my second challenge and momentum is certainly something I need - without it I tend to grind to a stop (or worse go in reverse) in the realm of diet/exercise.

If the floating-brain headed character (edit: Wikipedia tells me his name is Voltar the Omniscient) is still available that's who I would choose!

Edited by Shaun1105

Signing up to be an Awesomenaut too if you'll have me. Thanks for the tip Shaun :)

Momentum is something I've lacked my entire life until now...and I want to keep it!

If the big robot Clunk is still available I'll take him. Neither of the 2 female characters really match me on a bad PMS day :D

Wow, a hearty welcome to everyone! Never would have thought this group would almost fill up this fast!

Seems there is only one slot left now. Glad you liked the characters idea, so there's Sheriff Lonestar and Leon left (if we stay with the bunch available at launch). I'll leave that choice to whoever joins last, because both seem fitting for me, Leon as an assassin and Lonestar as a kind of leader..

So, please report! How did your first week go, who is already up to speed and who needs some more help?

My first week went very well, thanks! I was trying out some new routines, so I kept my weight fairly low while lifting. I plan to increase it each session. With the bodyweight stuff (pull-ups, dips, etc) I may start adding some weight once I hit multiple sets of 8-10 reps.

My quest to conquer soda went pretty well, too. I had a Sprite at the movies on Friday, but I had already made an exception for drinks while at the movies. My church had a pre-Thanksgiving potluck on Sunday and there was soda everywhere. I definitely had to fight some temptation there, but made it out clear.

Sorry for the delay in replying :redface: First week went ok. Losing weight on track and getting lots of walking in as planned...but not doing my push ups as much as I intended or finding the time to declutter the house...need to work on those.

My first week went quite well - better than this current one actually. Birthday celebrations - both my sons' birthdays are in November - have meant the diet goal is lacking (though journalling continues). Got a workout in at work today though, which is helpful. Unfortunately I've left my big tire workout to the last which means I have to work 12 hours then come home to a cold November night and workout on it. With my luck it will be raining too :)

Note that there's no way I would do this if it weren't for this Challenge (and the Awesomenauts)!

The goal is to hold everyone accountable and help encourage building and keeping momentum to push through the mental excuse hurdles that always seem to pop up along the way.

Hey gang! I'm in need of some of that motivation and accountability. I've been pretty uninspired for the last week. I'm following Steve's Superhero Workout from his Avengers article, which is squats, dead lifts, bench press, overhead press, pull-ups, and bent over rows. My hang up (aka mental excuse hurdle) is that I don't have access to barbells and my dumbbells only go up to 40#. Not great for building strength/muscle. I have been using a sandbag for a few months now and I like it, mainly because I can buy 100 pounds of sand for 10 bucks! The issue is that I'm having trouble translating my sandbag to those traditional barbell/dumbbell lifts, so I'm getting discouraged.

Anyone here have experience with sandbag workouts or other ways to add resistance to my lifts without buying more dumbbells?

Thanks!

Greg

Whoa, glad you took the time to post and ask for help! I hit a slump last week, too. Mine was mainly because I had three free days off work and I somehow need the structure to be productive instead of procrastinating. I've managed to slowly creep out of the hole and had an awesome workout today, and I want you to feel the same energy again that I am feeling now!

Have you already seen the NF article about sand bag workouts?

I'd kindly ask you to try Vic's Nerd Fitness Nines for your next workout and tell us Awesomenauts if it kicked your ass as much as Vic promised in the article. :)

Any others who also dropped large amounts of momentum last week?

I've started off this week a bit slow, actually. I've lost momentum on the food journalling, having another birthday party (oldest son's 11th) means diet is way off again. Workouts going not too badly; got a good workout in at work on Monday night, but then because I was awake until Tuesday evening without sleeping I decided not to do a Tuesday workout. Today I didn't get much done because of me sleeping in, party preparations, plus I was installing a dishwasher - excuses, excuses I know. I've done some simple bodyweight stuff a few times today but not really a workout.

Tomorrow is a new day and momentum will be re-established!

Tomorrow is the most important day of the week!

A day of bad eating is not a problem, letting it grow into several or a whole week is.. So do what you have to tomorrow, just remember you had some almost perfect days against all odds before, and you can have them again if you set your mind and focus the right way.

Have you already seen the NF article about sand bag workouts?

I'd kindly ask you to try Vic's Nerd Fitness Nines for your next workout and tell us Awesomenauts if it kicked your ass as much as Vic promised in the article. :)

I have seen Vic's article and that's what inspired me to build my sandbag. I used the NF9 during my 'Miximus Maximus' challenge this summer and had good results. I was thinking about re-incorporating it starting next week. My only hesitation was that it seems to focus more on lower body than upper, which is one of my main goals this challenge. I'm considering one day of NF9 and one day of more upper body focused exercises with the sandbag, and keeping my bodyweight exercises on Friday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I am so in for this team on the next challenge.

For one, I love the game, If anyone ps3's let me know I would be down for a round...psn :nightmacaroon

Going a ranger route.

Started a new free weight routine i will be working at. Having a harder time sticking to a stricker diet... I find I am breaking the rules far to often then making up for it at the gym over the last 2 weeks.

Welcome on board, glad to have you next challenge.

I'm having various illnesses at the moment so I'm trying to keep the momentum I still have left..

But not being allowed to exercise since last week and with appetite at a minimum, I'm trying hard to keep my weight and not lose the gains of the last weeks. At least the cold shower goal can still be worked on. :)

Hope you other 'nauts are doing better.. :)