• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spezzy's HarderBetterFasterStronger Challenge

ha! days i work from home i typically stay in shorts all day. no need for dirtying any extra clothes :)

That's one thing I love about my job: zero dress code. I've worn my p.j.'s, gym clothes, my standard is cargo pants and a t-shirt, complete with flannel if it's cold.

mine has a casual dress code so i spend most of my time so i can at least wear jeans and chucks (i've actually even worn my vibrams a few times, when i first got them, to get used to them).

kind of feel like i should start dressing somewhat nicer though. its just FREEZING at my desk so i always end up bundled in a blanket with my space heater on.

ok, so. strength goals may be put on hold for a week. (dont worry, i'll still be lifting, just ... not eating like a madwoman)

photoshoot next saturday.

not that i can cut a ton of fat in a week, but im sure going to try :)

Edited by spezzy

haha, oh, no ill still be going for a PR every time, but I wont be as upset if i dont hit them because i probably wont be hitting them if i'm not eating as much.:D

Since I seem to have missed the beginning of this journey 6-7 challenges ago, may I ask why you like burpees so much?

i didnt always like burpees this much.

i really just like the benefits of them. its strength, explosiveness, and cardio all in one. they help balance and flexibility.

plus its functional. on the ground, in the air, on the ground, in the air.

i can do them when i dont have a gym available.

They workout a TON of muscles all at once (missing some of the pull muscles, but thats fine).

so yeah. theyre just overall awesome.

:)

Edited by spezzy

army - just for you:

new PR for snatch (85lbs)

wall climbs (7 in a row, x 10)

and box jumps (50 in a row, 300 total)

snatch

45x1

65x1

75x1

85x5

oh squat

45x5

65x5

75x5

then... today's main workout:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]176[/ATTACH]

box jumps, bb crunches, wall climbs... done in that order, so one set of box jumps, then one set of bb crunches (added in after the first few sets), then wall climbs, rinse and repeat.

box jump (24" box, 300 total, broken down as follows)

20x5

30x2

40x1

50x2

bb crunch

50x6

wall climb

7x10

and then i tried to do a burpee and pretty much just found the floor instead:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]177[/ATTACH]

post-335-13567242859022_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242859273_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242859022_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242859273_thumb.jpg

haha not too much pain, just a lot of 'oh, hello floor. looks like we're going to get to know eachother for the next few minutes while i figure out how to get up' :)

ok so.

yesterday i ended up falling asleep at like four and not waking up until like 11... so at that point, i had missed dinner, figured i'd try this whole IF thing since you guys wont stop talking about it.

didnt eat anything, went back to bed around 2, up at 8.

surprisingly wasnt hungry when i woke up, at about 10 (making the fast... um. about 20 hours) but was headed to the gym and had my normal protein and pear.

holy lack of energy.

now, i dont know if this was from the IF, or the fact that i slept pretty much all day yesterday, and my body is starting to get sick.

who knows.

im now happily stuffing my face.

anyway, enough rambling, today's workout:

hang clean

45x10

65x5

85x2

power clean

95x5

105x3

115x1

105x5x5 - my goal for the month. now. some of these were kind of ugly, and i feel as if my form could still be better, and that i could be resting less in between each clean (drop it, re set up, probably about 30 seconds...). so i may just hang out here for the next little bit and work on getting perfect form. the jump part is kind of getting me.

back extension

25x5

plank normal equipment wasnt available, so used the box to put my feet up on, which made an interesting down angle onto the ball. hm. also, people kept stealing the ball to do other things, so i only got 3 sets in.

60x3

Inv row

10x5

dips

15x2 FINALLY at 15 in a row. does this mean i can start adding weight?? :)

10x3

Edited by spezzy

I find I have a serious lack of energy if I don't eat a lot of fat/protein before the fast. I usually eat eggs in bacon grease and some bacon before fasting. Works like a charm :)

Otherwise, well, I'll get dizzy and fall on the floor :(

However, if you're sick, I'm not sure I would recommend it. Though I tend not to eat when sick, I also don't do anything at all except sleep...

Edited by Clawed_Bear

I find I have a serious lack of energy if I don't eat a lot of fat/protein before the fast. I usually eat eggs in bacon grease and some bacon before fasting. Works like a charm :)

Otherwise, well, I'll get dizzy and fall on the floor :(

However, if you're sick, I'm not sure I would recommend it. Though I tend not to eat when sick, I also don't do anything at all except sleep...

haha yeah the fast was not planned, so i had like zero fats before it. i feel fine, so really, i dont know why i passed out for an entire day. my body probably just had some serious healing to do :)

ok, goals update for 2/4-2/6

recap... 2/3

1) Harder:

yeah. lots of box jumps, and an unexpected fast. we'll see if that does anything.

2) Better:

a) dishes done

B) car still good

c) things are looking up on this front.

3) Faster:

ran once this week. i was going to run again today, but after feeling faint at the gym after my lifting i decided to not. tomorrow.

4) Stronger:

workout logs above.

ok, i was going to run again today, but after feeling faint at the gym after my lifting i decided to not. tomorrow.

How's your hydration, Spezzy, especially if you're fasting? No water, no muscle and crappy blood pressure = man down. :)

i drink about 2 gallons of water a day (to the point where my mother thinks im giong to drown myself!) :) though maybe because i was sleeping half the afternoon instead of drinking water...

week one measurement updates before i forget them:

(only posting what has changed)

weight: 140.8 now 137.6

waist: 26.5 now 26

hips: 37.5 now between 37 and 37.25

calf: 15 now 14.75

these numbers make sense - i lose weight from my upper body before i even start to lose anything else. the fact that there are some (albeit very minor) changes in hips and calf make me think that i gained less fat than i thought over the past few months :)

ok so.

first, taking monday morning off of work = best idea ever (i had an eye doctors appointment, so instead of trying to work my work schedule around it, i just took the morning off. so much more relaxing!)

off day for strength, so decided to get in my running that i missed last week.

did 5k on the treadmill, circle of doom interval style.

for those of you who havent heard of my circles of doom, it involves running forward, backwards, and sideways. and walking.

took a total of 42 minutes, went 3.22 miles. which, is extremely slow if you don't consider that half of the time i wasn't moving forwards.

can do better next time though :)

also, not counting this towards any of this week's running goals - considering the extra mileage above the 1.25 i need to do twice a week as interest for not doing it on time.