• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spezzy's HarderBetterFasterStronger Challenge

Awesome workouts! Who's your shoot with?What's the theme? Have fun!

thanks :) and its just a little local thing, not a big deal at all. but im still scared out of my mind. but - do something every day that scares you, right? :)

ok, so today - i'm playing the 'spezzy is stupid' card.

went to the gym. i havent had an off day in... um. a week. and im only eating a fraction of what i normally eat. i shouldn't expect my normal recovery times when i'm not eating as much. its that simple.

was thinking because i just did intervals yesterday i'd be rested, i wasnt.

got to the gym, did my warmup, a few squats, and a few bench presses... and just wasn't feeling it. i could literally foresee an injury happening. i hurt, the weight was way heavier than it should be...

so i left. i'll do my normal stretching tonight, but that's it.

at least i'm now at work early, which means i'll maybe get home before 9pm. win! :)

At least you did the right thing by giving up when things didn't feel right. I know a lot of people would've pushed through and injured themselves.

thanks :) i really think the most important thing is listening to your body. mine told me today it was a bad idea, so. bad idea :)

2/8 update

today was a very challenging day for me mentally. a lot going on at work right now, which are all awesome things, but getting it all sorted has been exhausting. i think i was in meetings of some sort like 8 out of the 10 hours i was there today.

1) Harder:

doing really well on the food front. with the exception of protein, i've been 100% paleo lately. no chocolate even. feeling awesome about this.

2) Better:

a) washed dishes WHILE MY DINNER COOKED. new record for me. :)

B) car still good

c) no real progress here. (waiting for pay day!)

3) Faster:

no running.

4) Stronger:

left gym. that will probably help this goal.

Edited by spezzy

yay definitely closer to back to normal again today!

deadlift quick pyramid... didnt try for a 1rm as i wanted to go back down. :)

115x5

155x5

185x5

205x5

225x3

245x1

225x3

205x5

185x5

155x5

135x10

sl deadlift

45x25x2

back extension

25x2

+25x15x3

crunch on bb

50x3

inverted row

10x3

rack pull ok, so. on these. for heavy deadlifts i always have done left hand under, right hand over... and now for heavier lifts i HAVE to do it that way. i want to fix it so i can do right hand under too... so these were all done with right hand under, left hand over. couldn't have done both overhand, unfortunately. working on that :)

205x5x2

225x5x3

I'm totally with you on the dishwashing and finance goals....I HATE washing dishes, but letting crap accumulate in my sink resulted in a $140 bill to have the drain snaked. Spezzy and money are my inspiration to do better.

fair enough. I will keep posting my progress as I like deathing myself on my workouts.

haha yeah mine are enough as it is (though, i admit, last 2 days have been weak due to craziness at work).

ill still come out just fine in the end on the man makers though :)

I'm totally with you on the dishwashing and finance goals....I HATE washing dishes, but letting crap accumulate in my sink resulted in a $140 bill to have the drain snaked. Spezzy and money are my inspiration to do better.

oh thats awful. if i got charged $140 for letting stuff accumulate in my sink i'd never leave a dish in there again! :)

so crappy workout today. no energy. i've lost 5lbs now, in under a week (weighed in at 135.5 this morning), which is beyond ridiculous and not ok.

once saturday is over, im going back to eating and lifting like a maniac. still going to up my eating for the next 2 days, regardless of saturday, just not quite to the levels i will be at after saturday. i obviously havent been eating enough being stupid trying to accelerate fat loss.

on that note, as a part of my work's biggest loser challenge i have to get my bf% tested every month, and that point was today. i'm down 1%... which is all fine and good, because i gained about half a pound a week for the first 3 weeks, but out of that % about a third of it was muscle. that's bad.

my body seems to like hanging out at about 140 (as thats where ive been for a while now) and continues to make strength gains at that weight... so fuck this lets try to lose lots of fat shit. i'd rather be strong and at my body's happy weight than itty bitty.

squat

45x5

95x5

115x5

135x5

165x3

bottom squat

95x5

115x5

135x5

125x5x5

ballet squat

95x8x3

plank

60x5

bench

45x5

65x5

85x5

95x5x6

and then when i got my bf tested i did the gym's weekly challenge - 50 crunches on a bodyball and 25 burpees in under 5 minutes. i did it in 2:15.

then i walked/jogged 1.25 miles to go towards my running goal

Edited by spezzy

About a month ago my husband made the rule no dirty dishes in the sink. Since it's just the two of us, we have a dishwasher & 95% of what we have is dishwasher safe there's just no reason to ever leave anything in there. My husband usually just hand washes everything as he goes, so the mess has moved from the sink to the drying rack, but at least there it doesn't smell of create plumbing problems.

My trick to keeping up with my dishes is to only have one bowl, one plate, one set of utensils, a big knife, a cutting board, and the two pans I cook in. If I want to eat dinner, I have to do my breakfast dishes, and I almost always do my dinner dishes as soon as I am done eating. I have stated that I am a barbarian in my challenges (and if I ever get around to making my character sheet it will be noted there, as well).

haha i'd consider that if i didnt USE all of them all the time. whenever i have friends over we all cook, which involves multiple plates. and prepping uses lots of bowls and such. its a great idea, though, that i would consider if that wasnt the case :)

Don't get me wrong, I do have multiple plates and utensils, but I keep most of them in my cupboard, and use only what is in the rack. I am not that uncivilized (maybe). Just a little extra motivation to keep up with the dishes, otherwise it could easily get out of control.

ok guys.

may not be around for a few days. i don't know.

got the most heartbreaking news in the world this morning, and am waiting to hear even more later (only like a 2% chance i wont).

at work now, trying to keep my shit together at least for a little while.

was in the middle of my workout when i got it. tried to channel my anger and keep going but there was no anger. just... devastation.

hang clean

45x5

65x5

75x5

85x5

power clean

95x5

105x5

100x3

95x6

front squat

95x5

105x5

dip

ok, so today's workout was incredibly too difficult due partially to the fact that i have these crazy fake nails on from the photoshoot yesterday.

need to figure out a way to get them off ASAP. :)

yesterday ended up being an off day, which was fine, but didnt get shoulders into the last rotation, so decided to throw them in today instead of powercleans. was going to do overhead squats and snatches at the end but after one and a half sets decided it was better to go home and eat something :)

deadlift

135x5

185x5

215x3

235x3

265x1

280 - failure. but SO CLOSE. I got it up about 80-90% of the way. Just couldn't finish it. next time!!! :)

225x3x3

sumo deadlift

185x5

205x5

225x1 - realized going heavy after my regular deadlifts was not a good idea. back down, back down!

185x6x5

romanian deadlift this is the heaviest i've ever gone on these, usually go for higher reps. liked going heavier on them, though. will do again.

135x5x5

rack pull - lets work on the top of the deadlift that i missed, right? and grip.

225x5

245x5

265x5

285x3

press

30x5

45x5

65x5

75x3

85x1

70x5x5

45x10