• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

Spezzy's HarderBetterFasterStronger Challenge

Yeah, they're featuring your snopocalypse of doom here on the news in Seattle. Pretty freaky...does this mean you're going to do snurpees (or man-makers?) in 2 feet of snow? :D

Supposedly we're part of the snowpocalypse here, but really, people are just being wusses. I've been to work everyday this week. The roads aren't that bad; no one has lost power, etc. Out west of us it's terrible, but people here just need to calm down & stop giving in to the hysteria.

Now out in Boston, You guys got it rough. I kind of want to send pictures of that mess to my friends and be like "See! Stop whining and go to work!"

You are one strong woman. Way to go! My friend Nia Shanks always does a beautiful bada## series on her blog. You should consider submitting videos of your workouts to her. She would love it!

Thanks! not nearly strong enough though, i have a problem: i think its completely unacceptable that i can't deadlift 300lbs yet. :D

and that sounds awesome, i'll have to check it out at least. and then maybe one day if i can get up the courage to actually bring a camera into the gym :)

Are you part of Snowpacalypse? (Can't decide if I like or hate the name.) If so, this week's basically a free week! This is what I'm telling myself. ;)

haha oh, no. i made it to the gym this morning :) no free weeks!

and i've also heard snowmageddon :)

Pretty freaky...does this mean you're going to do snurpees (or man-makers?) in 2 feet of snow? :D

i considered it until the snow turned into rain. which has now either frozen where it landed or made huge puddles. and im totally not in the mood for purpees (puddle... burpees??) :)

Supposedly we're part of the snowpocalypse here, but really, people are just being wusses. I've been to work everyday this week. The roads aren't that bad; no one has lost power, etc. Out west of us it's terrible, but people here just need to calm down & stop giving in to the hysteria.

Now out in Boston, You guys got it rough. I kind of want to send pictures of that mess to my friends and be like "See! Stop whining and go to work!"

ill be uploading some in a minute :)

Oh, snowpocolypse. Haven't left work since Monday morning, besides a quick gym jaunt. Wanting it to be over, I am.

me too. only, my bed has turned into my office, as i can't get TO work.

and for the record: saturday, tuesday, wednesday, friday next week.

*cries*

ok, so.

stayed online way too late last night for work, and then got called super early for another completely different issue.

so not enough sleep at alllll.

BUT.

I was determined to get to the gym.

The university I go to the gym at was closed today, but luckily I talked to the maintenance guys on Monday (they go to the gym at the same time as I do, and I talk to everyone) who said that even if the university was closed, I could get into the gym and no one would bother me.

So I did :)

However, it was also snowing insane amounts (hence University closed, due to snow).

But, remember. Determined to get there.

So first step: digging out car: (here are your pictures, lynee! :) )

side view:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]166[/ATTACH]

see that? that's my headlight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167[/ATTACH]

rain boots, because i dont own snow boots. they go up to my knees.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168[/ATTACH]

second step: getting out of driveway:

the pile of slush the plows left that i got stuck in and then had to shovel out from in front of/underneath the car

[ATTACH=CONFIG]170[/ATTACH]

what i see when i try to turn out of my driveway (not safe!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169[/ATTACH]

so. finally get to the gym and i'm already exhausted. not enough sleep + half an hour to 45 minutes of shoveling heavy slush... ugh.

realized very quickly that today was not going to be a heavy lifting day as planned.

oh, and at this point realized i forgot my shoes (was still wearing my rainboots) so i ended up going completely barefoot for the first time ever. wasnt that big of a difference from the vibrams, other than socks are a little slippery.

So...

deadlift:

95x5

135x5

175x5

205x3

225x5 (about the point when i realized - holy crap, my back's tired from all that shoveling)

185x8x5 - i need to be REALLY careful with dl sets above 5 reps - starting at 6 my form starts to get ick.

DB Row (5 each arm):

35x5

40x5

45x5

50x5

hang clean:

45x5

65x5

75x5

85x5

power clean: (for the record, i dont recommend doing these in socks. huge bruise on my leg)

95x3

105x1

95x10x5

95x5x1 (ok, so... thought this was my fifth set, not my sixth, and got frustrated when my form started to slip on the fourth and fifth one here, and then once realized it was my sixth set stopped. yay!)

rack pulls: kept at 185, did just a basic overhand grip instead of my normal over under. my grip sucks big time.

185x5x5

so that's it for the gym.

BUT.

the most exciting part comes later, when i was preparing my lunch, i decided to do a few negative chinups.

and i did a few REAL ones instead. discovery = if i do a negative one first and then lower myself, i can pull myself up again much easier than if i just start from complete lack of motion.

negative + 2 real

negative + 3 real

negative + 1 real

i'll be doing more of these later. for sure.

post-335-13567242855228_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242855697_thumb.jpg

post-335-1356724285616_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242856465_thumb.jpg

post-335-13567242856856_thumb.jpg

Edited by spezzy

I thought I wrote you earlier, but I can't find it... Maybe I did and the web swallowed it whole. Any whoo, you are hella strong, girl. That's awesome. You are not awkardly shaped. You have a curvy body and that rocks. I have quite the inches difference between my hipbone and my glutes. It's called a booty, girl. Work it!

I thought I wrote you earlier, but I can't find it... Maybe I did and the web swallowed it whole. Any whoo, you are hella strong, girl. That's awesome. You are not awkardly shaped. You have a curvy body and that rocks. I have quite the inches difference between my hipbone and my glutes. It's called a booty, girl. Work it!

thanks :) i actually dont mind the shape, i just wish pants were easier to find! i feel like i try on like twenty pairs before i find one that fits right, so when i do find one i just buy like five pairs of them :)

recap... 2/2

1) Harder:

it helps not eating crap when you're snowed in and cant get to the store to purchase crap. eating good today.

2) Better:

a) dishes done

B) car still good

c) So, I didn't pay off a credit card, BUT I DID MY TAXES!!!!! or. 90% of them. i need to get one more form that they mailed to my mom's house, which I can get this weekend because I have to go there anyways. This will help me pay off a credit card when I get my refund :)

3) Faster:

no running. i should probably get on that tomorrow.

4) Stronger:

workout log above, my favorite part being the 3 chinups i did in a row after i got home from the gym (for those of you who dont know, ive been struggling with being able to do more than one for a long time now :) )

also looking at the silly iron mind grip thingies kw keeps raving about, because my grip is holding me back, big time.

stretching and bed shortly.

ok, today's workout:

(i did squat - bench - plank - squat - bench - plank/etc until someone stole the bb for the plank and i wasnt in a fighting mood. :) )

squat

45x5

95x5

125x5

145x5

165x3 or 5, i honestly dont remember.

175x1

185x1

195 fail

190x1 new pr! yay!

ok, so at this point, instead of going down on weight and doing some sets, i decided to do some half squats.

why? well, i think part of my problem is that 200lbs feel freaking HEAVY on my back, so i want to get more used to holding that much weight. i think i could go a bit heavier if i had more confidence in holding that amount of weight on my back.

also, i remember these helping a bit when i was stuck like two months ago.

half squat

190x5

205x5

225x5

245x2 (and i stood there for a while)

squat (quick backoff sets)

115x10

75x10

bench press

45x5

65x5

85x5

95x5

105x1

115x1

125 fail

100x5x5 new pr, yay!

75x10

bb plank

60x5

(this was bench - burpees - farmers walk, until i ran out of time and had to go to work :) )

incline bench

45x5

65x5

75x4

burpees

10x2

farmers walk on toes

thanks :) i actually dont mind the shape, i just wish pants were easier to find! i feel like i try on like twenty pairs before i find one that fits right, so when i do find one i just buy like five pairs of them :)

I hear ya. That's why I am so glad I work at home. Pj's all day. My kids sort of get annoyed when I show up to school in Pj's though. Oh, well.

I hear ya. That's why I am so glad I work at home. Pj's all day. My kids sort of get annoyed when I show up to school in Pj's though. Oh, well.

ha! days i work from home i typically stay in shorts all day. no need for dirtying any extra clothes :)

recap... 2/3

1) Harder:

didnt eat dinner. probably a bad idea.

2) Better:

a) dishes done

B) car still good

c) made a big amazon order for lots of protein and maybe a gripper or two. and some more chalk. had a gift card for some of it though.

3) Faster:

no running. i should probably get on that tomorrow.

4) Stronger:

workout log above.

its past my bedtime!

haha no, it wont kill me, i know. fasting totally kills my recovery though (from past times ive tried).

short workout this morning. with all of the sumo deadlift talk going on i wanted to actually try to go heavier on them. plus, didnt have a lot of time, so wanted just one thing to focus on.

probably a bad idea, considering that a) i deadlifted two days ago and B) i did heavy squats yesterday. but! i was feeling good so i figured why not go for it.

need to figure out perfect form for them. the way im doing them now my hands are half on knurling/half off, and my grip is just not... gripping (for lack of better words).

also, didnt realize what a different emphasis these put on everything.

sumo deadlift

95x5

135x5

165x5

195x3

225x3

255x1 - at this point, i probably could have gone heavier, but im still not comfortable with the form, which was beginning to slip, and first time going heavy with these... so i decided to stop and be happy with 255

225x1

185x5x5

135x5

hang clean

45x5

70x5

85x5

65x10 (ran out of time, so just did one quick light set)

back extension

25x3

"lunchtime" running = 1.25 miles.

+ 10 minutes of stretching

and a 1 minute wall sit (this week's challenge at the gym).

next week's challenge I'm actually excited for: 50 bb crunches and 25 burpees in under 5 minutes.