You have my... Axe?

My friend and I are both joining up with the Rebellion together to encourage and hold each other accountable. Of course, he's aaaaalllllllll the way up in Seahawks Country

((BlamedCat encouraged me to start my own thread))

I am a former Marine who is about 200+ pounds overweight. After leaving the Corps I got into lifting fairly heavy and started down a good path. This is me back in 2000 or so...

l_c2a7a79550b4a18b5d6a8ab204990fb8.jpg

It is needless to say that I am a far cry from that today. I would post a picture, but I do not allow them to happen. After that I started taking easy jobs and stopped lifting. Then came Everquest. That game got me addicted to MMOing and helped me turn me into the lazy person that I have become. Over the following years I just packed on the weight big time.

Now, I am 38 and I REALLY need to loose 225 pounds or so. I have a great wife who has put up with far more than she should and two amazing young boys who deserve more of me than they get. BC and I have been talking about this for a while and he pointed me here as a place that may be good for support.

Anyways, it is good to meet you all.

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Writing that first post is the first step. Now you have 10,000 rebels at your back as you charge into battle. I know it's not the same as the Corps (huge props for your service, by the way), but we will be here when the going gets tough! Rock it out, BBP. You can do it!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

welcome welcome. best of luck on your journey. as a loving wife of an EQ2 addict, i know how easy it is to let diet and fitness fall to the wayside. taking a step back is a pretty big step. sounds like you have the resolve and a good support network of your own. you got this!

question - if you don't take a before picture how will you have one of those killer comparison mash ups to post everywhere and make into a personalized coffee mug?????

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Thanks for the welcome and support folks. A before picture will happen soon.

“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Thanks for the welcome and support folks. A before picture will happen soon.

Even if you just keep it on your phone as motivation. Cuz when you lose that weight and get jacked again, it is cool as hell to go back and compare. I didn't take a before pic, but luckily my family had some from a beach trip. I couldn't believe the change.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

Married to a retired marine with 26 years of service. Semper Fi. BTW, my guy's from Long Beach/Ocean Park but he spent most of his career down here at MCRD SD & Camp Pendleton. Challenge started yesterday, but join anyway. Take a picture of yourself, but don't post it if you don't want to. Just keep it for your personal reference.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thank you folks for the welcome.