• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jonowi

The Hopeful Hobbits

Hello to Team Hobbit, my names down first so I've started this thread and peeps can introduce themselves as they join. We're just two at the moment but there's still time for late comers. Hi Kaliswicked

I just added my name to the guild thanks to Hireadd (Fellowship of the Adventurers) for the help. I've lurked on NF for about 9 months but this is my first challenge.

I'm 42, mother of 2, Morai to 1 as of Nov 7. I'm 5'2", 120lbs. I started weightlifting last Feb for a few months but dropped the ball in late April. So here I am again.

My goals focus more on losing inches and gaining strength than on losing lbs. I was/am inspired by STRONG women. I have no desire to be pencil thin and weak, I've gone that route before.

My challenge info is here

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Hello everyone! I'm short on time but trying to get something posted on here so we can start sharing goals!

I'm 21, 5'3" and about 155lb. Goal weight is around 135, 130.

My goals for this challenge are to do a pull up, run 30 minutes without stopping, eat two meals a day at home, and do three productive things a day.

So far I've been doing really well. I'm on a specific running schedule that takes 30 days to run 20 straight minutes. It's not easy but nor is it impossible and I'm doing really well with it. I'm also following NF Steve's How to do a Pull Up schedule.

Sorry this is so brief, I'll take more time to write more and read up on everyone else's goals within the next few days. Stay strong!

Hi everyone, I've been of for the forum a while-been away at the weekend then stupid busy at work.

Hi Quel and Kel!

How's week 2 working out for everyone? Personally I haven't had time/energy (poor excuse?) for any exercise since Friday, eating has been a bit off-both my carb cheats gone for the week already in a popcorn indulgence with a film yesterday and risotto this evening. Don't want the poor start to put me off though; I've caught up with the work, so no excuse to not get my running shoes/bike out at lunch!

Right, I'll update my own psst and link it here too tomorrow, hopefully with a bit more achievement!

:P

Edited by jonowi

Christmas: I wondered what any one was planning to do a with your challenge goals leading up to Christmas?

I'm currently thinking that i may let my self slack on week 6; I'm having a holiday over Christmas with my in-laws and it will be difficult enough try to cater for 2 kids and 5 adults (and cook on an arga) without adding no carbs to the mix. I will probably eat less of the available rubbish that I'll be exposed to, as I don't think I'll ever go back to eating as much bread and pasta add I did.

I guess it think this approach will work better for me as if I 'deny' myself goodies leading up to Christmas day, I may feel I then deserve to pig out on the day, and then keep going after - if I just ease off the diet a bit, I think I'm more likely to get back into it when I get back home in the new year.

If I do this though, I still want to hit my target weight, so I need to do it by the end of week 5 instead! Yikes.

I should still be able to keep up running; my brother in law has recently started so we may be able to go out together.

What are your plans?

Hey guys, would you be cool with me joining your clan this late into the challenge? I only started my challenge yesterday (after discovering NF the day before) so I'm just hoping to dive in and get up to speed with everyone else as quickly as possible...

Well I started this group the day after the challenge started, so we're all late comers and you're very welcome. Love your goals btw (would be great if you can post a link here), supposed to be working, so I'll read them fully and reply later on. Particularly like the LOTR quest walk! I hope you get all the way through return of the king (which incidentally I'm watching this evening). I may have to imagine I'm being chased by orks on my run this evening!

Hey thanks! Yeah sure you can see my challenge here I'll do likewise though, I'm just about to meet some friends so I'll take a look at your goals later tonight :)

Yeah I hope so, it's an awfully long way though... I think it's a quest that'll take years. It only took Frodo and Sam 6 months, but I guess they were travelling almost every day for 12 hours at a time. I cannot commit to that :)

Oh apparently there's this app called Zombies, Run! which looks pretty cool. I find running quite boring, so if I had a smart phone I'd totally try it, might be something to look into...

Edited by Sumner

Its going well thanks - I broke my first mile run today and am celebrating with a penguin bar (cave men ate penguins, right?!).

badass!!!! Great job :)

I don't know if they ate penguins or not, but they ate coconut milk no sugar added butter pecan ice cream ;)

I have been trying to read more about everyone in our group. Do most people update on this thread on their individual thread? I have only been updating on my individual thread. Anyhow....

I'm already bored with my workout routine. I was wondering what you all know about CrossFit? There is a training place nearby running a special and I was thinking about joining for a change of pace. (Currently been working out at home only).

Would love to hear your experiences.

Congrats Jonowi! It's a big milestone huh :)

Quel: I update on my personal challenge thread, and then just let everyone know on here that it's updated (though I've only done it once haha)

I don't know a lot about crossfit, but I do know that the classes I've been to were really good. Because you're in a group you get pushed much harder, and it's on you to assess how much to push yourself. I went to a boxing conditioning class earlier this year with a couple of friends, and found that particularly exhausting. But you feel great afterwards, and that's the best bit :)

Do most people update on this thread on their individual thread?

I've tried/will try to put more detail on my personal thread, and a brief summary here, from looking at other's threads I think you are more likely to get comments from 'outsiders' on your personal thread, so feel free to repeat anything here on your other one, like your question about crossfit a you'll have a wider audience.

I update my personal thread whenever I have something worth saying. It seems like most people put the majority of stuff on there personal thread and just comment on other people's the same way. I will add a link to my thread in my siggy to make it easier for y'all/ I just updated yesterday, although its more of a "how Im screwing up already" post than it is anything else.

Hi Bekah, sorry for the delayed welcome, I hadn't realised until your your last post that you were a member-after a while in to the challenge I hadn't checked the signup sheet. So, hello!

And also hello to Kevin, who signed up before you, but we've not seen here - helllooooo?

Hi Jonowi, I'm not doing too badly! Almost keeping up with my BBW 3 times a week, I've had a busy couple of weeks though so I've missed 2 sessions so far, but I'm determined to keep it at 2! I'm slowly making progress on my Hobbit's journey too, I've passed 'The Farthing Stone', and I've made it to Bilbo's first camp. It's only taken 2 weeks! :P

How is everyone else doing? How are you bike rides going Jonowi? And the writing, Bekah?

Hi, it's been quiet here, but Bekah had been posting on her thread today. Only been out once more on the bike recently, I'm going to make my next challenge quite bikey, ass I've decided to ride the Peddar way in spring (40 miles, zoiks) but have ran 3 or 4 times every week. Been up to a mile and a half and only one run that wasn't in some way an improvement on the previous.

Glad you've hit first camp, how have you worked put the distance to landmarks in LOTR?

Sorry I've not been in touch, had a couple of busy weeks!

Updated my challenge thread with my results, I don't think I've done too badly considering it's my first challenge. How has everyone else done?

Glad to hear the running is improving, and you're still motivated to crack on with the biking Jonowi. That's quite a distance, I bet that'll do something for your fitness for sure!

In regards to working out the distances, I go to this website, and just add up what I've done so far and check it off as I go, it's incredibly handy :)

Hope everyone's ready for the holiday season!

Happy Christmas everyone, and all the best for 2013!

I've not between posting as I have no wifi and little phone reception where I've been staying for two weeks, but I've not really been exercising or dieting either! hope your challenges went well or you at least learnt something useful to prepare you for the next.

Xx