• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Plex

Plex's 28 day challenge

Plex, if you want to go old-school, you could make a Deadlifting set-up with some thick black pipe and cinderblocks. Plenty of ab work with that. Do a Finisher of 50 Leg Levers for time and you're golden. :)

@Spezzy:

It's the convenience of no matter where I am coming home from work around MD, there is always one near for 20 bucks a month. Also the fact is open M 5 am to F 9 pm and weekend 7am to 7pm. That is really nice since some nights I finish at 930 or 10 and I don't get to the gym until 1030 or 11. So its really those factors that dictate it.

I am thinking of reserving fridays for lunges and farmers carries. I intend to ask about bringing a bar.

@Army:

Yeah, boxes are going to get made during the summer when I have both time and money. And Amer Ninja Warrior course. Which seems much more focused on functional leg strength vs getting bigger.

Also, 2/10

1)

Hit ab workout 2/2 so 4 workouts hit this week. Go me!

2)

No laundry last night. Dead tired when I got home

3)

Paleo success through temptation. Went over to friends house, giant bag of cookies staring me in the face. Ate walnuts and banana instead.

4)

No Man makers 2/10. But 2/11. It's on.

2/11

1)

Bonus workout! hooray! 5/4 needed.

Did some leg stuff. New!

2)

Doing laundry right now. 2 loads!

3)

Paleo success. Got trapped at work for an additional 4.5 hours. Didn't bring any snacks beyond lunch with me. Instead went down to the local store, got coffee, heavy cream, beef jerky, and black walnuts.

Surprise: Black walnuts are TERRIBLE tasting. Choked them down with water for the energy. BONUS: Heavy cream is delicious straight! Tastes like whipped cream. I have to control myself in future. But its great for a fat bomb!

4)

Man Makers again. 35x5x4, sub 9 minutes. I get the feeling I might be able to do more weight, just not any faster. Muscles aren't hitting FU levels of fatigue, but speed is constant.

@Werwrolf:

I heard I need to woo my laundry with the expensive detergent after I neglect it. It likes to carry a grudge.

@Werwrolf:

I heard I need to woo my laundry with the expensive detergent after I neglect it. It likes to carry a grudge.

Do you have to use the floral scented kind? lol

2/12 and 2/13

1) No workouts as it was the weekend. That and the lunges made my butt sad.

2)

Laundry is happening right now.

3)

I still count this day as success. Saturday night was hilariously alcohol filled which led into chocolate chip diner pancakes and french fries! oh they were all delicious. But that was the cheat meal that I get per week, and since I ate healthy during the day both Saturday and the entirety of Sunday, its still a total success.

4)

No Man makers until Monday. Going for 45 pounds a hand? boo my life?

Overall week assessment

1)

I hit 4/4 workouts and bonus work out friday

"A+"

2)

I did many loads of laundry.

and folded. "A"

3)

Complete Paleo Ownage. Went about 90/10 if we include alcohol as a cheat. So i feel this a win

"A"

4)

Kicked up the weight to 35 pounds per hand, hit it twice sub 9 minutes so its consistent.

On track, did it 3 times this week.

"A"

Overall: A

I am hitting all parts of my challenge successfully. Just gotta keep it up for next week.

2/14

1)

No workouts today as I was wiped from the work weekend.

2)

Did a load of laundry while I was sitting on my butt at home relaxing

3)

Paleo mostly success? I ended up having 3 mini dark chocolate hearts at a friends to celebrate Single Awareness Day and commiserate with her. Not great but not guilty about it either :P.

4)

No man-makers as there was no work out

2/15

1)

Did strength work out 1/2 today. Focus on reps with free weights for pseudo benching. Upped some of the weights for extra terribleness.

2)

No laundry. Yet.

3)

Paleo success. I feel like I am kind of constantly eating. I have grown to love almonds and any type of nuts. Was very excited when I found a huge assortement that was unsalted.

4)

Tried new level of man makers at 45pds. Took 15 minutes. Muscles weren't tired after, per se. Realized I can hoist over half my bw over my head.

2/16

1)

Did core workout 1/2.

2)

About to do whites as I cook.

3)

Paleo success. Lots of nuts though, spent a lot of time in the car. Going to try to plan better tomorrow.

4)

Man makers tomorrow.

2/17

1)

Feel awful. Cough. Achey muscles, either too warm or too cold. Going to skip today and go home and sleep for a while.

2)

Might get done in between naps

3)

Paleo is fine, just eating a lot more food to try to crush this.

4)

No man makers today. perhaps on friday if I feel good enough.

2/18

1)

Was still stick. Fever broke thursday night. Slept most of the day

2)

No laundry

3)

STILL ATE PALEO BECAUSE I AM BALLER. Lots of fruits and nuts.

4)

Yeah right.

2/19 and 2/20

1)

Worked too and was still recovering till about saturday afternoon till i felt amazing. Sunday worked all day.

2)

No.. Just no

3)

Still ate paleo. Broke Friday night with wine and potatoes, but no wheat products. Broke Saturday night with epic zombie kegger (totally worth it). But all day was always paleo.

4)

Man makers on monday.

Overall week assesment of 2/13-2/19

1)

I hit 2, would have hit more, except I got a GD fever. Which hosed everything.

Was on track for 4. sooo pass on this one?

2)

Did 2 loads over all, so not bad.

B+

3)

Ate paleo even when sick

A+

4)

Did do the 45 pd man makers once, but half the time i made it ot the gym. So mid?

B-

Overall: B+

Getting sick really threw me off my game. But time to get back to it for the last week!

Man makers at 45 under 10pds

Hit the gym 4+ times

Do another leg workout.

On the last day, (next monday) take photos of self for before and after.

2/21

First workout back at the gym.

1)

New shoes time! Did strength 1/2 with some modifications since it was the first day back at the gym. Man, I feel weeeeeak. Skipped cable sections because of the weather, and it looked ominoius.

2)

No.

3)

Ate Paleo

4)

Did the man makers, but 2 or3 of them were not quite the best form, but its good for the first one back from fever-death.

2/22

1)

Ran for the first time in over 6 months because of new shoes. Did core 1/2.

2)

1 load today. DOUBLE FOLD DAY! GET SOME!

3)

Tonight was Meat cooking night! MRAROM! Cooked up a pound of venison already, about to do tilapia, already at steak today, and legit just polished like a third pound of the just cooked venison.

4)

Off day for man makers. Tomorrow though, 45x5x4 12m is goal.

2/23

1)

Did strength 2/2

2)

No laundry.

3)

Paleo protein day. Lots of it. Many types. Egg, whey, venison, fish, steak.

4)

Man makers 45x5x4 14m. Not goal, but better, mid workout not bad.

2/24

1)

Hit core workout 2/2! Means I hit my goal of both types twice. Which means tomorrow is shenanigans style workout, or whatever I bloody well feel like.

2)

Did my roommates laundry (groans)

3)

Paleo protein! Tilipia is gone now, still have one more steak, eggs, and nibbled about a good quarter pound of the ground beef I cooked tonight and slightly less of the ground turkery I also cooked. (The store 'seasoned' it. Bleh, promptly added salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Is now tolerable) So tomorrow will be be ground bird, ground beef, and steak! DELICIOUS +1!

4)

Nope. Tomorrow! GET SOME!

2/25

1)

Hit bonus workout! go me.

2)

Doing my own laundry tonight

3)

Paleo day! time to cook chicken soon

4)

45x5x4 sub 11m. NEW PR

I am full of the win.

2/26

1) No work out, lots of work. Friends Birthday party was that night!

2) Hung up laundry.

3) Paleo during the day. At night just drank. A lot. Like a lot. wheeee!

4)

Off day for man makers.

2/27

1) No work out as I had to work, and then got home at like 9pm from work. Also, sunday/weekend no workouts.

2)

Probably not laundry. More folding though. Folding makes me sad.

3)

Had one of my 'cheat' meals for the week. (note, i seem to be doing about 90/10 with a cheat meal and then one night of heavy drinking, so overall, i feel its sustainable)

It was a checkers burger with french fries. Oh the deliciousness!

4)

off day for man makers.

2/28

1) Hit strength workout LIKE A BOSS

2) Did not do laundry as I got home incredibly late, However, I am doing laundry now as I type this.

3)

Paleo all day monday no problem.

4)

Pr'ed Man Makers for PVP challenge against spezzy.

45x5x4 sub9m 22 total for sub 10m. Because I refuse to give up.