• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sanjh

Sanjh's 28 day challenge

So jealous of you right now. :) You're making me want to dig my climbing bag out of the trunk of my car and dust the shoes off...

Congrats on your first week! Looks like you're doing great!

It's a lot of fun, I would recommend dusting off those shoes, if you have the time.

Keep it up and you will have that path conquered(SP) in no time!! Looks like a doosey tho!! =^..^=

It is kind of difficult. You need to heal quickly, so that you can show me how it's done! :P

Progress Report Day 8

Diet: No salad eating, lots of salad making. (Green Leaf Lettuce, Spinich, Carrots, Yellow Pepper, Green Pepper, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Sunflower Seeds, Chicken (seasoned and cooked in olive oil)).

Exercise: Off Day (wasn't supposed to be, but making 6 (3 for me, 3 for the wife) salads took about 2 hours)

School: Did a little bit of homework.

Edited by Sanjh

Progress Report Day 8

Exercise: Off Day (wasn't supposed to be, but making 6 (3 for me, 3 for the wife) salads took about 2 hours)

It's time consuming and it sucks - but it's sure worth it to have a bunch of days worth all pre-made at once. Ultimately I find it saves me way more time in the end. Plus we usually have a show or movie on while I'm cooking so you can distract yourself away from the monotany of it.

It's time consuming and it sucks - but it's sure worth it to have a bunch of days worth all pre-made at once. Ultimately I find it saves me way more time in the end. Plus we usually have a show or movie on while I'm cooking so you can distract yourself away from the monotany of it.

I actually kind of enjoy the monotony, plus it's worth it to not have to buy food for lunch. Too many temptations around the university...

I just wish I could have gotten that workout in.

Progress Report Day 9

Diet: Salad, no large glass of water (Didn't bring water to school.)

Exercise: Off Day (wasn't supposed to be, but I got home at 6:30 and had to run and do laundry)

School: Claimed desk, large progress on homework.

The pic looks like a jumble, but when you're physically there, looking at the wall, it becomes pretty obvious. Each color of tape generally denotes a different route, and sometimes the tape will also be marked with what hand/foot you should be using for it - but most times just the start and end hold are marked and you're free to use whatever same colored markers you want to get there.

That ridge is also about 10 feet up, which sort of explains the jumbled up ness. Usually there is some sort of sign describing the difficulty and tape color of the route, and when you are on the wall, the tape is placed in such a way that you can see the next hand holds and foot holds.

Progress Report Day 10

Diet: Salad, no large glass of water (I really need to dig up my old water bottle.)

Exercise: Quick back-up exercise: 3 circuits of

{

Max chair assisted pull-ups. (Ended up being 8,7,6)

Max knee pushups. (10,9,9)

Max basic Squats. (12,15,10)

Max plank. (I counted breaths, for lack of timer; 11,12,10)

}

Then a little bit of stretching. It may have not been stellar, but time was a little tight.

School: A bit of progress on homework.

Way to keep at it! :)

Drinking water is the bane of my existence, I always forget to take my water bottle to the gym - and I'll often start the day off at work by filling my office one up - and by the end of the day it's still mostly full. I just don't get thirsty during the day to think about it!

Besides coffee however, water IS the only thing I drink now - so when I do get thirsty I know I'm at least consuming something healthy.

Way to keep at it! :)

Drinking water is the bane of my existence, I always forget to take my water bottle to the gym - and I'll often start the day off at work by filling my office one up - and by the end of the day it's still mostly full. I just don't get thirsty during the day to think about it!

Besides coffee however, water IS the only thing I drink now - so when I do get thirsty I know I'm at least consuming something healthy.

I try to do green tea and water, however, the 'lab co-op' is having a bad effect on my soda consumption levels.

Progress Report Day 11

Diet: Salad, no large glass of water (I really need to dig up my old water bottle.)

Exercise: Off day.

School: A bit of progress on homework. I've gotta grind on research tomorrow!

Great job keeping up with the salads.

I feel for you on research. I have a careplan to write. They take forever, a paper would be quicker unless it's a really large one. What class/classes are you taking?

Great job keeping up with the salads.

I feel for you on research. I have a careplan to write. They take forever, a paper would be quicker unless it's a really large one. What class/classes are you taking?

Thanks, it's been nice not having to buy lunch every day.

My classes are: Theory of Computation, Compiler Construction, and Theory of Networks. On top of that I'm working on a smart-grid project.

smart-grid like the power grid?

Yeah, the smart grid concept is overlaying a communications network on the power-grid, to make decisions towards responding to energy demands, failures, and attacks.

Ha, I work for a utility in AMI implementation, more on the customer involvement/marketing side than the technology though. Small world :)

Ha, I work for a utility in AMI implementation, more on the customer involvement/marketing side than the technology though. Small world :)

Small world indeed.

Macro Update: Highlights Form

Exercise: Did a couple rounds of body weight stuff on monday, plan to do the same tonight.

Diet: Haven't had time to make this week's salads, so I'm salad deficient. I plan on setting some time aside tonight to make them.

Work: Completed a couple homework assignments from classes, working on research now.

Making salads (went a little more simplistic this time): Red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, green bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers. Made a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Making chicken now to put on top.

Sick of salads yet? Sounds like you're switching up the ingredients pretty regularily - and they also sound pretty damn delicious! I've been a yellow pepper fiend lately. They're just so tasty.

Congrats on keeping up. Seems like midway through the challenge is where alot of people fall off the wagon (including me) and disappear for a bit (guilt? shame?) so kudos for continuing to rock it.