• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth's First 28 Day Challenge

Hello All,

This is my first 28-day challenge and am looking forward to it. I signed up for a 5k in April to give myself a long-termish goal to work toward.

Fitness/Diet related goals

1) Get to the gym 3 days a week and complete c25k training workouts.

2) Walk up the very tall escalator near work when it is out of order (happens on a regular basis) instead of taking the elevator.

3) Write down everything I eat.

Life Goal

1) Wake and get to work on time (I am not a morning person).

I give myself a 50% for today. I woke up late but I did write down everything I ate. I also walked up a five story escalator on the way to work. I didn't even have the chance to back out of that one. It broke down 20 secs after I got on it. I also didn't start c25k since I worked late. So 2 out of 4 goals completed today isn't bad. I will do better tomorrow. :)

So how did the rest of your week go? Any more luck with sleeping? I've heard a lot of good things about breaking yourself of the dreaded snooze habit. Most people find that if they force themselves to set the alarm for later and actually get up instead of snoozing you wake up more refreshed. Maybe that would help. (I don't know if you are a snooze buttom-oholic but thought I'd suggest it if you are)

Jen

I used to be a snooze-oholic, but I started to do my workouts in the morning and force myself to get out of bed. I have been doing it long enough that I usually only wake up to my alarm once a week or less. I am usually awake about 5 minutes early (although there have been a few times that I woke up entirely too early, and couldn't fall back to sleep -- the worst is waking up at 5 am on a Sunday morning). Maybe you should start doing your workouts first thing in the morning as motivation to get your butt out of bed. If I could adjust, anyone could.

Workouts in the morning...hmmmmm....never thought of that because I am usually sleeping...hahahaha. However this could be a good idea. Between the weather and working 2 jobs at work because we are down a person I have lost all motivation by the time I get home. I will keep you posted on this.

Spezzy: That is the best thing I have ever seen! Who ever invented that was a genius.

So I ended this challenge excited about doing better in the next one.

How did I do?:

Fitness/Diet related goals

1) Get to the gym 3 days a week and complete c25k training workouts. I did not do well on this mainly due to my impossible work schedule the last month. My 5k is April 10th so must do a better job with this next month. Overall D-

2) Walk up the very tall escalator near work when it is out of order (happens on a regular basis) instead of taking the elevator. I rocked this one :) I not only would walk up that escalator but I found myself walking up all escalators and stairs in lieu of taking elevators. This will continue. Overall: A

3) Write down everything I eat. I did well with this one but could have done better. Overall: B-

Life Goal

1) Wake and get to work on time (I am not a morning person). The first two weeks of the challenge this was an F. The second two weeks was an A. Its amazing how the excitement of a new person at work to take on some of the work load will get you out of bed in the morning :) Overall: C average