• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mel The Hangry

Adding paleo friendly foods but is gluten free bread kind of ok?

I would love to go full paleo but I find it hard and I am trying to add paleo friendly foods into my diet that way I’m at least improving my diet bit by bit. But at lunch even know I have my protein I find I need a little extra fullness to fill me up like bread, and was wanting to know is gluten free bread kind of ok as it least doesn’t have gluten in it or am I way off mark?

Gluten free bread is better than wheat bread, but it's still a processed, grain-based food. Do you want to fill up on empty calories? If you want something to make you feel more full, try more protein, more veggies, or more fat. Avocado is great with lunch - I put sandwich fixings (often sliced turkey, avocado, & pesto) in romaine lettuce leaves.

Some people do better easing slowly into paleo. Gluten-free bread may work as a transition food for you.

I'd avoid it -- if you want to feel full eat more protein and fat.

I think keeping legumes and potatoes in your diet would be a better transition than various gluten-free stuff like tapioca flour etc.

Gluten free bread is better than wheat bread, but it's still a processed, grain-based food. Do you want to fill up on empty calories? If you want something to make you feel more full, try more protein, more veggies, or more fat. Avocado is great with lunch - I put sandwich fixings (often sliced turkey, avocado, & pesto) in romaine lettuce leaves.

Some people do better easing slowly into paleo. Gluten-free bread may work as a transition food for you.

I'd avoid it -- if you want to feel full eat more protein and fat.

I think keeping legumes and potatoes in your diet would be a better transition than various gluten-free stuff like tapioca flour etc.

I wouldn't do it unless it tasted really good for some reason, which has not been my understanding of gluten-free alternatives.

Thank you for the help I will have to adjust my lunches for the better.

Paleo is not only about gkuten , but maybe more important, avoid processed food, usually gluten free pasta/pizza/whatever is full of crap. I would advise to focus on real food and avoid paleo versions of non paleo food...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yup what others said - it's about grains and processed food.

Eat more fat.

Bread is just a delivery mechanism for your protein, fat, and veg. Try lettuce or kale "wraps".

Honestly, I get the love of a sandwich, especially for portability. But now I just eat all my sandwiches without bread (almost always same stuff), often on tomato slice or spinach/kale/lettuce. I still call it w sandwich. I stash silverware in my desk.

Try no bread for a w weeks w plenty of protein and fat. I found it's a psychological longing more than anything else. I reached a point where I just didn't miss it.

Paleo is not only about gluten , but maybe more important, avoid processed food, usually gluten free pasta/pizza/whatever is full of crap. I would advise to focus on real food and avoid paleo versions of non paleo food...
I'm another voice to add to the avoid gluten-free bread like the plague and eat real food :) but if you want/would like an occasional replacement for bread there are recipes for primal/paleo 'breads' out there.

Free the Aminal fat-bread is one.

too-good-bread-and-almost-paleo-bread

elanaspantry paleo-bread

Hope those may be of some use :).

Yup what others said - it's about grains and processed food.

Eat more fat.

Bread is just a delivery mechanism for your protein, fat, and veg. Try lettuce or kale "wraps".

Honestly, I get the love of a sandwich, especially for portability. But now I just eat all my sandwiches without bread (almost always same stuff), often on tomato slice or spinach/kale/lettuce. I still call it w sandwich. I stash silverware in my desk.

Try no bread for a w weeks w plenty of protein and fat. I found it's a psychological longing more than anything else. I reached a point where I just didn't miss it.

Thank you for the help and the articles have been interesting to read, I think I will try hearty salads instead and if I’m craving bread I might even give one of the paleo breads a try either that or I might see if I can use 2 big mushrooms as bread as I don't use spreads or sauces anyway.