Funny things heard in my house:

First sentence:

First words and sentences are always a big deal to parents. The first combination of words that actually encompass a single thought, that could be considered a sentence, from kiddo:

"Poo poo stinks"

3yo, upon discovering that yes, in fact, he DOES like pizza

"I like pizza, pizza makes me dance"

Child proceeds to dance every time he eats pizza for several weeks.

Child, after attempting fruitlessly to clean his room for 20 minutes or so:

"Mommy, I have too many toys"

Hit record on phone

"Say that again"

"I have too many toys"

cut audio to a quick easy to play clip, and pin it to phone "desktop"

At Target a few days later. Epic meltdown over not getting ___ ensues.

Press play "I have too many toys"

Child stops tantrum and looks confused.

Play again "I have too many toys"

Kiddo starts laughing "daaadddddy, I was just kidding"

"Yay, I have a uterus and no sperm!"

We went to the library. My youngest took out a "Where Babies Come From" book.  It's extremely educational.

Le sigh, our poor confused child. The only thing he knows about babymaking is via our interaction with the fertility doc and discussion with him. His current undertanding is that mom lays eggs for the doctor, which the doctor then puts in mommy's tummy to make a baby. Someday we are going to have to explain that that isn't how it usually works.

• Like 4

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Does stuff said in the car count? 

While driving with the family on Sunday.  Little Bug (who is 3 1/2) has a hot chocolate.  I pull out of the driveway of the shopping center we were just at, and go over a very large bump at the end of it.  Some hot chocolate splashes out of the cup.

Him:  *whiny* Moooom, you spilled my chocolate!

Me:  Sorry, couldn't really do anything else there.

Him:  *matter-of-factly* It's ok.  Maybe you'll learn to drive next time.

I still don't think it's all that funny, but figured those not attempting to raise said child would get a kick out of it. :P  Husband was trying really hard not to laugh, so apparently it's pretty entertaining when not directed at you (I'm really not that upset over it, I was just not having a particularly good morning, and that was just the icing on the cake for the day).  Both of us are still puzzled where he got that from, because neither one of us have said anything like it!

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

My wife and I are shameless so we often sing at the top of our lungs to get the toddlers to eat. The other day, for variety, we started tandem beat-boxing, complete with Fat Boys-style breath-honks. Now my son (who is 15 months old) goes around the house all day going "Ah-poooom, Ah-pooom, Ah-poooom!"

Makes a daddy proud...

• Like 1

Does stuff said in the car count? 

While driving with the family on Sunday.  Little Bug (who is 3 1/2) has a hot chocolate.  I pull out of the driveway of the shopping center we were just at, and go over a very large bump at the end of it.  Some hot chocolate splashes out of the cup.

Him:  *whiny* Moooom, you spilled my chocolate!

Me:  Sorry, couldn't really do anything else there.

Him:  *matter-of-factly* It's ok.  Maybe you'll learn to drive next time.

I still don't think it's all that funny, but figured those not attempting to raise said child would get a kick out of it. :tongue:  Husband was trying really hard not to laugh, so apparently it's pretty entertaining when not directed at you (I'm really not that upset over it, I was just not having a particularly good morning, and that was just the icing on the cake for the day).  Both of us are still puzzled where he got that from, because neither one of us have said anything like it!

Yeah, pretty hilarious.

My wife and I are shameless so we often sing at the top of our lungs to get the toddlers to eat. The other day, for variety, we started tandem beat-boxing, complete with Fat Boys-style breath-honks. Now my son (who is 15 months old) goes around the house all day going "Ah-poooom, Ah-pooom, Ah-poooom!"

Makes a daddy proud...

Biance (9m) and I have conversations consisting solely of rasberries. We'll go back and forth 15-20 times. Drives my wife nuts.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Not heard for a few years now, but I think what my wife and I call pouty talk is the absolute funniest thing there is.

Pouty talk occurs during the gap between when the child starts to really have strong emotions and when they can communicate in even rudimentary coherent words. An angry baby yelling in baby babble. Whenever it occurred we through it was an absolute riot.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Pouty talk occurs during the gap between when the child starts to really have strong emotions and when they can communicate in even rudimentary coherent words. An angry baby yelling in baby babble. Whenever it occurred we through it was an absolute riot.

I'm waiting for it. There's a few youtube videos out there of a dad yelling back and forth with the baby and holding a conversation", the baby's side consisting completely of this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

"At least you don't have to pick

up my poop"

- The end of a conversation that my neighbor heard as we walked walked out of my house

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

My 16 month old daughter has started forming her own sentences. I usually make breakfast (oatmeal and fruit) for her and her brother, but Mommy took a turn the other day, and then made the hand-off to me half way through. After Mommy walked away, the little squirt looked up at me and said "Iz nah good."

I snickered, and told myself I wouldn't tell Momma about that one.

Then later, I told her anyway.

I'm a jerk.

"Obi Wan Kenobi is my hero, even if he isn't real, he's real in my dreams."

"Could it be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told?- of course it isn't Hagrid, that's ridiculous!" (While reading the back cover of CoS)

"Daddy is 30 now so he's MUCH older than you, Jenny"

"We had free draw in art class..I drew you Tattooine and space ships"

All things that have come out of my 6yo stepson's mouth in the past two weeks..ahhhhh, kids. And yes..I am raising an extraordinarily nerdy child and I am damn proud!

• Like 2

🌀🌀💣

My six-year old has started telling Dadaist knock-knock jokes.

"Knock knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Nobody!"

"Nobody who?"

"..."

Then there's this little gem...

"How did the goose cross the road? He honked!"

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson