• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LynnyLee

LynnyLee's challenge to be better at life.

Food diary

Breakfast: protein shake (190 calories)

Lunch: split a $5 foot long with a coworker. (575 calories)

Dinner: quesadillas with rice and some fruit (590 calories)

snack: popcorn (250 calories)

Went to the step and lift class last night at the YMCA. Definitely a strength workout. Might also have solved my gym buddy problem since she came to the class with me. It showed her that for me going to the gym is not about ambling around the track for 20 minutes. At first she was angry, but decided it was worth it. She says she thinks she's getting married soon and needs to look good in a wedding dress, so she wants to come to the class again. (I asked if her boyfriend proposed and she said no, but she thinks he will soon and they'll get married in October. I'm confused as to how she's come to this conclusion, but if it motivates her to be healthy I guess I'll let it go.)

No cleaning since after aerobics and making dinner I was beat.

Cheez R US.... the beats are good, and they get me moving... dvds are my main staple exercise right now.

Lynny -- have you ever heard of GIllespie? My aunt used to live in Gillespie, IL and commute to ST. Lou to teach -- taht was a zillion years ago, but I did visit once. Nice and green in April....

Lucky you on solving the gym buddy problem... i'm still looking for a gym and a buddy for it.... kudos on the goals met so far...

Gooo Squad Se7en!!

@Hennagrrrrl I've been there a few times. Can't remember any specifics though. I know a lot of Southern/Central IL is really pretty most of the year. Right now not so much though.

As far as the gym buddy goes I've also told her that I will be taking class X on day Y, period. She is welcome to join me. If she doesn't, I'm still going to the class. I'm hoping this will stop the inevitable day when she comes to the gym and says "Hey, I don't feel like working out today. Let's just blow it off and go to Denny's." This has happened before, and I'm tired of being the bad guy when I don't want to blow off exercise to eat junk food.

Day 9

Food Diary

breakfast: out of milk and protein shakes. Gobbled down a few handfuls of fish crackers once I got to work. (150 calories)

lunch: Split a $5 foot long with a different co-worker (530 calories)

dinner: husband made steaks, potatoes & veggies (600 calories)

snack: went to the Relay for Life kick-off meeting. Had some veggie chips & dip, an apple, and a cookie (500 calories)

Got no cleaning or workouts in thanks to the Relay for Life kick-off. Since I'm on the planning committee I had to help set-up and tear down. I'm sure all the moving tables & chairs did my muscles good. :)

Day 10

Food Diary

breakfast: got myself some more protein shake mix :) (190 calories)

lunch: My sister brought some home made beef stew. Ate it with a roll. Yum. (660 calories)

dinner: got pizza after dance (660 calories)

snack: hot cocoa (110 calories)

Now that we've got more choreography nailed down, it is started to be more of a workout, so when I got home additional workouts or cleaning weren't going to happen.

Weekly recap:

strength: 1 workout

stretching: 0

cleaning: 0

Busy busy busy!!! Sounds like fun. Looks like you are keeping it strong. Lifting tables and chairs is a great workout as long as there are no injuries lol. You just reminded me that I need to get some cleaning done around my house lol (if I don't see the mess...does it exist?)

Food Diary

Lunch: leftover pizza (630 calories)

Dinner: was a hodge-podge had some left-over Chinese food and was still hungry, so I ate some feta cheese with crackers (625 calories)

snack: dinner didn't quite fill me up, so I had some popcorn and hot cocoa. (414 calories)

Went to the gym with the gym buddy. We did the treadmill thing again. When I went to go do weights I was bombarded with "I'm ready to be done when you are," and "I don't think I can do that." I ended up giving up half way through. So, I'm call that half a strength workout. I think I need to have a full blown discussion with her. Got home and did some yoga afterward. Also, spent 20 minutes doing laundry and clearing clutter from the living room.

weekly recap

strength:1.5

stretching: 1

cleaning 20 minutes

Yeah from the sounds of it you and your gym buddy have two different goals for the gym. That sucks but I would let her know how you feel. Sounds like you are still going strong even with her interruption. Keep it up!

Day 12

Food diary

breakfast: protein shake (190 calories)

Lunch: husband brought me McDonald's Chick nuggets and fries (840 calories)

Dinner: made some meatloaf (300 calories)

snacks: none

Went to the gym and did my thing, told my buddy that she could follow me or not. She actually did just follow me and do as I did. Got home and did a yoga tape.

Day 13

Food diary

Lunch: went to a cafe with some friends after dance practice; had half a tuna sandwich and potato soup (354 calories)

Dinner: husband made pasta and tomato garlic sauce, had it with a small glass of wine (520 calories)

snacks:none

Spent 40 minutes vacuuming, dusting, and organizing bookshelves.

Day 14

Food diary

breakfast: chocolate milk (310 calories)

Lunch: since I woke up late I wasn't too hungry and just ate an orange (45 calories)

Dinner: made pan fried chicken mixed veggies (674 calories)

snacks: had some cheez-its (400 calories)

Cleaned the bathroom for 30 minutes, went through and threw out all my old make up, dried nail polish bottles, and lotions I'll never use, etc. Pretty much set a time to make sure I put in enough time to meet my goal. :P

weekly recap:

cleaning: 90 minutes

stretching: 2 workouts

strength: 2.5 workouts

goals complete this week :D

Cleaned the bathroom for 30 minutes, went through and threw out all my old make up, dried nail polish bottles, and lotions I'll never use, etc.

this is always so painful for me to do, and i dont know why. even if i KNOW im never going to use it again.

I usually shoot for 1700-1800 calories per day. I've notice the light days too. On those days I'm just not hungry and I don't feel weak or sick afterward, so I'm not too concerned. I have questioned whether or not I should throw an extra snack in at the end of the day if I'm low on calories, but right now I'm not doing that since my body seems to be dealing ok. That could be subject to change though.

Edited by LynnyLee
spelling

Day15

Food Diary

lunch:big chunk o' leftover meatloaf (295 calories)

Dinner: husband and I went out to the Drunken Fish for sushi. I don't like rice & I don't really care for fish, but for some reason I love this place. We ate A LOT of sushi. I lost track. (??? calories)

snacks: none

Nothing else got done before the sushi since this week is going to be horrible at work. Nothing got done after the sushi because of the food coma.

Day16

Food Diary

lunch: more leftover meatloaf (295 calories)

dinner: kinda didn't happen

snacks: went to church & someone brought snacks. I cleaned out large chunks of the veggie tray, had some cookies, and some pretzels. (300 calories) When I got home I went to turn on my computer & it started to turn on, but then powered down. To summarize I spent the rest of the night swapping out parts to find the problem only to discover it was a bizarre and rarely occurring glitch in my motherboard causing the problem. At least I fixed it. After that, and another stressful day at work I was just mentally done. I just downed a glass of chocolate milk (250 calories) and went to bed.

Seems the stress is getting to me. Odd eating patterns & no workouts or cleaning so far this week. Hopefully after I get payroll done this week Things will calm down and I can spend Thurs. - Sun. playing catch up.

Edited by LynnyLee

Oh, didn't think of the lotion foot massage. I've mostly been drowning the stress in junk food (as my soon to be coming l\massive food diary update will show.)

People should be streaming back into the office starting this week, so hopefully things getting back to normal will bring the stress level back down.

Day 17

Food diary

lunch: meatloaf (300 calories)

dinner: Didn't make it to dance because I ended up at work until 8pm. Grabbed a pizza on the way home and collapsed on the couch and pigged out. I ate half of the pizza. (1440 calories)

snack: none

Day 18

Food diary

lunch: had to run errands for work and grabbed Subway on the way back. Indulged in some cookies with my tuna sub. (1440 calories)

dinner: made latkes; had to have them sour cream and apple sauce of course...what else would you eat them with? (500 calories)

snack: none

Finally made it to the gym. Once again buddy in tow. She insisted on doing the treadmills and didn't want to do weights afterward, but I persisted. She might be mad at me now...

Cleaned the kitchen while the latkes cooked (20 minutes of cleaning), and did a yoga tape before bed.

Day 19

Food diary

lunch: Subway again. Husband had the day off, so he brought me lunch. This time I had a meatball sub and he got me Cheetos as well (895 calories)

dinner: husbands turn to cook; he made spaghetti with marinara sauce & cheesy bread and I washed it down with some grape juice (650 calories)

snack: grabbed a donut on the way home from the gym - yes I know just hit crtl +z on my workout (250 calories)

This time my gym buddy bailed to go to some bridal show thing. Just as well. I got in a full strength training workout and stretch routine. Therefore wiping out both those goals for this week.

Day 20

Food diary

lunch: had to run straight from dance to homeless ministries, so I just grabbed McDonald's on the way. I know, the terribleness continues. I skipped the fries at least. (1080 calories)

dinner: Had breakfast for dinner with an orange, scrambled eggs, and toast. (400 calories)

snack: popcorn (250 calories)

cleaning: spent 15 minutes after homeless ministries organizing the remaining supplies into boxes in my garage so they'll be ready for our next trip out.

weekly recap:

Strength & stretching: done

cleaning: 35 minutes

Food Diary

Breakfast: chocolate milk (385 calories)

Lunch: My parents are back in town, so we got a bucket of chicken and had lunch. I also got some fruit to round it out. (517 calories)

Dinner: Toasted ravioli (625 calories)

snack: had a glass of pink lemonade (140 calories)

cleaning: Realized I was short for the weekly goal, so I set a timer and went through the kitchen cleaning and organizing the cabinets until it went off. (55 minutes) Maybe this goes against the spirit of my goal, but it fulfills the letter of the goal. Another week of mission accomplished. Barely, but accomplished.

Food diary

lunch: finished out the left over meatloaf (300 calories)

dinner: husband made beef stew & cornbread (750 calories)

snack: got voraciously hungry during work & dug through the kitchen to find a box of Fiber One Bars. They actually didn't taste like crap. (90 calories)

Went to the step and lift class at the YMCA. My buddy went too, and actually put in a good effort. Felt proud of her. Got home and worked on laundry for 10 minutes before dinner was ready.

Weekly recap thus far

strength: 1 workout

stretching: 0

cleaning: 10 minutes

Day 23

Food Diary

Lunch: leftover beef stew (504 calories)

dinner: grilled up some chicken & made myself a fajita (515 calories)

snack: had some pita chips while the chicken was cooking & then some ice cream after dinner (684 calories)

Spent 20 minutes dusting & did a yoga tape before bed for a good stretch.

Day 24

Food Diary

Breakfast: chocolate milk (375 calories)

Lunch: leftover beef stew (514 calories)

Dinner: Missed dance again thanks to an avalanche of paperwork. Sister was also caught in the avalanche and after work & her husband's on night shift so she came over after work with pizza & cookie dough. I made myself a whiskey sour as well. Almost felt bad drinking in front of my pregnant sister until she said the drink smelled like crap. (1345 calories)

Nothing of any productive manner was done that night.

Day 25

Food Diary

Breakfast: big glass of chocolate milk (455 calories)

Lunch: more leftover beef stew...ugh (525 calories)

Dinner: kinda didn't happen

snack: popcorn & cookies left from the previous night

Went to the Y after work and got in a good workout in the weight room. Went home feeling super productive and did a yoga tape then went to a bookshelf took out all the books, dusted everything and then put the books back in an order that made more sense (45 minutes of cleaning). After this I was so tired I went to bed without dinner.

Day 26

Food Diary

lunch: leftover pizza (650 calories)

dinner: ran to quiznos on the way to a party (481 calories)

snack: had nibbles at the party; stuck mostly by the veggie tray, but I did stray to the gooey butter cake once (700 calories)

Day 27

Food Diary

lunch: leftover fajita (515 calories)

dinner: Sister's hubby was working nights again, so we went to Denny's. Did the build your own slam deal (1180 calories)

Afterward we went back to my place. My sister discovered that I own Wii Fit Plus. I've never really played it much. She also has it and showed me some of the nifty features. We played it for most of the night. I'll definitely have to play it more often.