Adonaijah's Log.

Feb 2, 2011

I had to cut my workout short today. I only complete one circuit of the Beginner's Body Weight Workout. Still, it's better than the zero circuits I was doing last week.

I also need to stretch more. My muscles absolutely did not want to do the squats and lunges.

Tomorrow: Day 2 of Couch to 5k

Friday: At least two circuits of the Beginner's Body Weight Workout, no matter how much my body complains.

Feb 3, 2011

Day 2 of Couch to 5k was disappointing. I didn't cover as much distance as I did on Day 1. I don't know why this happened, so it's kind of got me down.

Also, running in the cold is very invigorating. Once I was into minute 7 or so, it totally stopped being cold out for me. I felt just as warm and happy as I ever was. It was very nice. I'm just glad I decided to do it in the morning, because after lunch we got hit with freezing rain. Not running-friendly environment.

Friday is my third day on the Beginner's Body Weight Circuit. I plan to do two complete sets at least. Going to really push for 3.

Saturday is Day 3 of Week 1 and Sunday is rest and recuperation.

I'm working on making my eating habits more Paleo. It's pretty tough when I'm living with my parents (a remedy to come mercifully soon, I hope). It wouldn't be a big deal except my mom keeps the house stocked with all kinds of processed foods. When I mentioned to her that I wanted to eat Paleo she said, "What kinds of things can you make with THAT?" There's nowhere for me to put food I buy, so I'm going to have to try to get as close as possible and just cut way back on what I don't need. I'll figure it out.

I figure most of my posts in this thread are going to be boring, but I feel like if I don't post here every day about my workout, I'm going to fall out of habit. I have to say, knowing the nerdfitness rebellion could check this at any time to see if I worked out that day really motivates me. So, NerdFitness Community, even if you never look at this, your simple presence on the internet helps me get my fat ass into shape.

Thanks!

Friday, Feb 4th, 2011.

This Beginner's Body Weight Workout was much more successful than the last. I did all 3 circuits, and what made me feel even better was that though they were still butt kicking, I got through them with better form and my muscles do not feel nearly as sore as they did the last time. I guess that means I'm improving, even now.

I've been having a hard time staying steady with my lunges, but I found out that if I do them in a doorway I don't tend to fall over. That is, when I stand in front of the doorway and perform the movement so that I am in the door frame when my knee is almost to the floor, I keep my balance.

Tomorrow is Day 3 of Couch to 5k. I hope it's still not super rainy by the time I get up to run.

Saturday, Feb 5th, 2011

I did the 3rd day of Week 1 for Couch to 5k, and was much happier with myself this time around. I covered more distance than I did the past two days I went running. Next week I start Week 2.

Tomorrow I'm taking a day off from working out. Though I might still get plenty of exercise. I might end up hiking a mountain tomorrow.

Monday, Feb 7th, 2011

I realize I'm writing this late, but computer troubles kept me away.

The Beginner's Body Weight Workout is coming along nicely. I feel more confident in my form. I can tell I'm definitely getting a lot out of the exercises. I can get through all 3 circuits without fuss and without feeling like I'm about to fall over. I can't begin to describe how exciting it is.

Tuesday, Feb 8th, 2011

Today I started Week 2 of Couch to 5k. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I've done the entire Couch to 5k program before, which is why I'm taking it up again.

Just like last time, I find that this week doesn't feel any more difficult than last week. The program scales very well and I like making the most of it. It's also getting slightly warmer, I think, so that makes running all the more pleasant.

I think the only place I'm failing is in my diet. I'm not full Paleo yet, but seeing as I've only been doing this for a little over a week, I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. I've been researching Paleo foods and recipes on the site, and think I can begin to come up with a workable menu that doesn't have me eating the same two or three meals 7 days a week.

Tomorrow it's the Workout again, and then the next day is Day 2, Week 2.

Wednesday, Feb 9th, 2011

After two circuits of slow paced exercise and feeling like it was doing absolutely nothing for me, I decided to do the final circuit of the Beginner Body Weight Workout as quickly as I thought I could handle without ruining my technique or injuring myself. It was butt kicking. I resolved to do it again on Friday.

Thursday, Feb 10th, 2011

Day 2 of Couch to 5k Week 2 was fun. It rained the night before, so ice and frost were on the trees and ground. So in order to motivate myself, I just pretended like I was taking a trek out across the tundras of Northrend. As I was running, then sun came out and continued to brighten up the day. After a while, the ice started to melt and fall off the tree branches. Since I was already pretending, I decided to pick up the pace in my running to escape the "deadly avalance" that sought to bury me and end my adventuring career early.

Yeah, deep down I'm 5. I've accepted this. lol

Friday, Feb 11th, 2011

Like last time, I decided to pick up my speed on the Beginner's Body Weight Workout. I came away feeling just like I did the first day i tried the routine. I'm definitely keeping up the pace.

I'm still having trouble balancing on the lunges. They're the exercise i hate the most. So naturally I have to do the full amount on every circuit every time.

Saturday, Feb 12th, 2011

Day 3 of Week 2 of Couch to 5k happened in the evening. I am pleased to announce that I managed to cover nearly a full quarter extra of the distance I did back on Thursday. I have set a new goal and a record to be broken. Tuesday can't get here quick enough.

I love being able to say I work out. Makes me feel special.

Monday, Feb 14th, 2011

Today I had to McGuyver my workout schedule. I couldn't do it in the morning, so I did it in the spare half hour I had left over at work. Since I was trying to finish the workout before I had to clock out, it added a sense of urgency that forced me to complete the circuits faster, which was a much better workout. I might start doing all my body weight workouts on the job.

In other news, dozens of small children handing you Valentine's Day treats can mess up your diet big time. I hate wasting food (even bad food), and I'm too soft-hearted to turn a kid down. I kind of pigged out today.

Tuesday, Feb 15th, 2011

Day 1 of Week 3 on Couch to 5k started today. The three minute long running portions were fun, but harder on me than I expected. I did cover my usual distance today, but I'm getting used to not covering as much distance at the start of each new week in the program, since my body is adjusting to the new routine and the longer run times.

I also worked 11 hours today. You would not think sweeping and mopping are viable as a workout, but when you do both for 2 hours straight back to back, the reps add up.

Saturday Feb 19th, 2011

I was out of town, but still did my regular run. I did pretty well. I couldn't measure my distance comparative to my usual route, but I think all in all I covered 20 miles. I also found a wristwatch with a stopwatch built in. I just need to purchase it. It'll be my first reward to me for completing my goals.

Later that night I danced a lot. Combined with the run, it managed to be a workout in and of itself.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I promise I've been exercising with total regularity even though I have not been posting.

Today I did the Beginner's Body Weight Workout. I did the whole thing I about 20 minutes, which wasn't bad. My heart rate was up, but I wasn't sweating like I wanted. I know it sounds odd, but I hate filmy sweats. If I sweat working out I want perspiration. I want my shirt stuck to me. I want to be able to smell myself when I finish. It's gross, but I feel like workouts that put out those kinds of results are definitely the ones I enjoy the most.

I should probably move to the Advanced Body Weight Workout by now, but I'm intrigued by Angry Birds Workout. Mostly I just like the measured way to know when to move to the next set of reps.

Monday, Mar 21, 2011

I did the Advanced Body Weight workout and have discerned 2 things:

1) I really am ready for it. It was a much more satisfying workout.

2) Chin ups, Pull ups, and Dips are my enemy. My upper body needs some serious help. Arms, abs, back--all of it needs some serious help. Those exercises beat me like something that beats people up thoroughly and efficiently. My analogy machine is broken.

Tomorrow is the second to last week of couch to 5k and I am so excited. I feel like I'm staying on schedule and things are doing great!

Also, I can wear pants I used to not be able to wear! My exercise and new food habits are working!

Ok, I finished Couch to 5k. I can now run 3 miles. Now I need to make that 3 miles very fast. In thirty minutes I'm short the distance, so my first goal is to get the three miles down to half an hour.

I switched from chin ups and pull ups to Inverted Body Weight Rows, but I'm still having trouble. Getting my chest up to the bar is too much. I can get maybe three quarters of the way there. It's discouraging, but that's actually half the reason I keep doing the workout.

I know I said I was going to post in this thread daily, but I have been so busy wrapping up some stuff for my house that if I'm not working in the evening, I'm spending my mornings making arrangements to get something done on my house. I close April 27th and I'm excited.