• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sandman

Sandman's "Last Chance Workout!" Challenge

Congrats on the '"FUCKYEAH!" moment'!

Your geek out nights seem to be a lot more healthy than mine; half a pizza, 4 or so whiskey sodas, and snacks that begin and end with 'Partially Hydrogenated'.

Good luck with the house selling and the getting of more sleep! (I know this four hours of sleep, it is not my friend...)

Back in my lan party days, that was more like the menu you'd expect to see. I guess we're all just getting older and wiser these days, lol.

It's an extra long weekend for me, and I likely won't be near a PC to check in from now till I get back to work on Tuesday. Heading out of town with the Fam for a little getaway.

Promise I'll be a good boy. ;)

Challenge Update: Week Summary

Workouts:

AM cardio, AM sprint with cardio

I missed two days this week so far, will likely get in a strength session tomorrow. Weekend plans include a lot of walking, hiking, and if the weather permits a little bit of sledding with the kiddies!

On the menu:

Have eaten mostly Paleo this week, save for a couple cheats here and there. I'm still well within being 80% compliant, so I'm pretty happy and ok with that.

See you guys on Tuesday! Have a great weekend.

Challenge Update: Week Summary

Workouts:

AM cardio, AM sprint with cardio

I missed two days this week so far, will likely get in a strength session tomorrow. Weekend plans include a lot of walking, hiking, and if the weather permits a little bit of sledding with the kiddies!

On the menu:

Have eaten mostly Paleo this week, save for a couple cheats here and there. I'm still well within being 80% compliant, so I'm pretty happy and ok with that.

See you guys on Tuesday! Have a great weekend.

See you on... tomorrow!

Week 3 GutCheck

Also,

Challenge Update

Happy Family Day Weekend (For those that celebrate it!). We had an awesome time on our long weekend. Went out of town and spent a bunch of time enjoying the incredible mountain air and weather.

If you read the squad thread you saw what we were up to on one of our days there.

Week 3 gutcheck says things are rolling along nicely! Knocked off one of my level up challenges - that being clean up the home and work offices! It looks like I'm organized once again! Read a bunch of the Primal Blueprint - and on a sidebar, my wife read The Paleo Solution cover to cover while we were driving this weekend and she's now a paleo convert too. I swear, this lifestyle JUST MAKES SENSE.

Also - if you haven't seen the movie "Fat Head" - you OWE IT TO YOURSELF to track down a copy and watch it. Steve references it quite often on his NF Blog updates, and quite frankly - it's eye-opening. http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie (check out the trailer, or some of the other clips he's added)

Our realtor held an open house for our place over the weekend, and we have 2 showings tonight. Fingers crossed that we get a bite!

Busy busy busy, but all for the better! Now, off to catch up on my squad mates...

I actually just watched Fat Head this past weekend. I also highly recommend it. It is also available on Hulu.

I think with a bit of refinement the movie would make a great primer to Paleo. CSPI.. is just plain scary.

Going to watch Fathead now. Found it on netflix streaming.

Cool! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts..

Cool! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts..

I enjoyed it. No new information as I've been reading PB and following MDA and general surfing of the web. But the presentation was humorous and would have been quite informative. I think it would make a good primer, not for Paleo, but for modifying a diet to be more Paleo-esq.

I enjoyed it. No new information as I've been reading PB and following MDA and general surfing of the web. But the presentation was humorous and would have been quite informative. I think it would make a good primer, not for Paleo, but for modifying a diet to be more Paleo-esq.

What interested me was the fact he's been keeping up with the lifestyle ever since making the movie. If you check out the movie's website blog, he still posts regularily about his diet, argues with the disbelievers, and posts vids of his kids doing crazy paleo things (eg: begging for more bone marrow at the dinner table!).

I have been thinking about taking the route of being more paleo-esq without going 100%, I'll have to check it out

Definitely you should. This movie is on my 'recommend to everyone' list for sure. If you have an hour a week or so I'd also recommend checking out Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution podcast. It's entertaining and informative at the same time.

Challenge Update

Workouts:

Been up late these last couple nights and just didn't get enough sleep to make it to the gym. Have been too busy with house things during the evenings to make the time to workout at all. :( I DID spend a good hour last night moving furniture and stuff around though, so all was not lost. :)

On the Menu:

Diet has been solid. I'm really happy with where I'm at foodwise. I have no problem turning down grains and I am definitely feeling much better these days. More energy, etc.

w00t!

Glad to see that while things are busy for you, you are focusing on eating well. It sets you up well to be able to get right back in the gym when your schedule clears up a bit.

That's It, That's All

Well, instead of finishing off my challenge with a bang - i pretty much imploded with a wimper

Long nights this week kept me up late and sleeping in well past the time I'd have needed to get to the gym. We had a major upgrade at work this past saturday (11.5hrs of OT) and I at crap for lunch and dinner there (arbys. twice.), then more crap when we went to BPs late night afterword to celebrate the days' success. Sunday the in-laws brought us macdonalds breakfasts, and we went to a birthday party at macdonalds later that day - which led us to eating crapDonalds for lunch as well.

SO.. I pretty much kicked Paleo to the curb this weekend.. and gave it a curbstomp while I was at it. Don't worry though, my body made it clear to me sunday night that I made too many bad decisions. Ugh, did I ever feel like crap.

Anyhoo

Wrapping up the challenge:

Overriding goal: get sub 200lbs. This means losing a hair over 10lbs, or more specifically, 3bs per week. Totally achievable. Totally didn't happen. Although, I dropped a pantsize and my current weight dropped to about 209lbs (from 212). My trunk shape has definitely improved, and I can see shoulders, biceps and triceps now.. and my calves, which were already pretty ripped, are looking freaking amazing. SO. I'm calling this a success. B+

Health/Fitness goals:

1) strength training 2 times per week (3 out of 4 weeks, success) B+

2) aerobic activity 2 times per week (running, cycling) (3 out of 4 weeks, success) B+

3) all out sprinting session 1 time per week (running or cycling) (3 out of 4 weeks, success) B+

4) complete compliance to the Primal diet lifestyle (4 out of 4 weeks, with the exception of occasional lapses) A

Level Up goals:

1) finish the Primal Blueprint, start 'The Paleo Solution' by Robb Wolf (didn't finish, but DID make excellent progress) B

2) clean up and organize my home AND work office. (complete!) A+

Overall, i'm very pleased with how this challenge went. I'd say my most successful challenge yet, due largely in part to my feeling so accountable to my squadmates. :) I had a great squad that kept me motivated to keep things going - which helped immensely on those days where I almost didn't go. Thanks all!

Well done, Sandman! I swear, your awesomeness improves with each successive challenge. How many until you hit godhood? Is there a chart somewhere?

Well done, Sandman! I swear, your awesomeness improves with each successive challenge. How many until you hit godhood? Is there a chart somewhere?

Pretty sure I saw one somewhere...

Posted Image

Seriously though.. it's thanks LARGELY to this community that has kept me going so strong.