Overnight weight loss?

Last night I weighed in at 196.8 (Although, I did have 7 eggs, an apple, banana, and two big chicken sausage links for dinner). This morning, I woke up and weighed in at 193.8 lbs. Can that great of a disparity occur overnight from your food merely digesting and your body burning fat?

P.S. Sorry for posting this is the woot room. Although losing 3 more pounds is worth wooting about, this is more appropriate in the weight-loss forum. I thought I was in the weight loss forum . . .

"Will your dog bite if I try to pet him? I don't know, ask him."

Last night I weighed in at 196.8 (Although, I did have 7 eggs, an apple, banana, and two big chicken sausage links for dinner). This morning, I woke up and weighed in at 193.8 lbs. Can that great of a disparity occur overnight from your food merely digesting and your body burning fat?

P.S. Sorry for posting this is the woot room. Although losing 3 more pounds is worth wooting about, this is more appropriate in the weight-loss forum. I thought I was in the weight loss forum . . .

Bolding emphasis mine - just be careful with that part. You didn't burn three pounds of fat overnight, so don't be discouraged if you are back up a couple pounds later today. Your body will fluctuate between 3-5 lbs on any given day (or more, depending on your exercise), but it's mostly water/glycogen. Fat loss is a slower long-term thing, and easier to see by tracking moving averages rather than any specific datapoint.

I know I didn't burn 3 pounds of fat overnight, haha. I wish I could do that, haha. Last week, I weighed 196.2 in the morning. This week, I am down almost three pounds. I think I lost some over the last 7 days. My body usually fluctuates a few pounds just like everyone else's, but this was different in that last week I weighed 196.2 in the mornings. This week, I hit 193.8 in the morning. So, I have probably lost at least 1-2 pounds of fat wouldn't y'all think? I am Paleo . . .

I know I didn't burn 3 pounds of fat overnight, haha. I wish I could do that, haha. Last week, I weighed 196.2 in the morning. This week, I am down almost three pounds. I think I lost some over the last 7 days. My body usually fluctuates a few pounds just like everyone else's, but this was different in that last week I weighed 196.2 in the mornings. This week, I hit 193.8 in the morning. So, I have probably lost at least 1-2 pounds of fat wouldn't y'all think? I am Paleo . . .

It's hard to say. Assuming you're eating at a calorie deficit I certainly agree that it's likely you've lost some fat in that time, but exactly how much I haven't a clue. I'd suggest you look into other means of assessing your body composition. Looking at short term weight loss is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster. There's too much fluctuation from day to day to get any meaningful data.

The two things I have done that really help me personally:

1) Fat calipers (not the most accurate in the world but I don't have the time or money to get dexa scans once a week).

2) LONG term weight measurements. I like to input my weight on an excel sheet (or wii fit, which is what my wife uses) and view it as a line graph. Once you get 3 to 6 months worth of data it really starts to put things in perspective.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

It's hard to say. Assuming you're eating at a calorie deficit I certainly agree that it's likely you've lost some fat in that time, but exactly how much I haven't a clue. I'd suggest you look into other means of assessing your body composition. Looking at short term weight loss is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster. There's too much fluctuation from day to day to get any meaningful data.

The two things I have done that really help me personally:

1) Fat calipers (not the most accurate in the world but I don't have the time or money to get dexa scans once a week).

2) LONG term weight measurements. I like to input my weight on an excel sheet (or wii fit, which is what my wife uses) and view it as a line graph. Once you get 3 to 6 months worth of data it really starts to put things in perspective.

I agree, rtalencar. I need to get some calipers and start tracking day to day. I know I have lost about 28 lbs, as I weighed 221 at the end of September. But, I need to be more consistent with logging. I think I am going to create a thread about an affordable, but reliable scale.