Faline ..let do this again~

Faline

Last challenge I kinda slacked for the last part but I am back and ready to try again.

My goals are simple because I just had surgery and I was told not to do any serious exercising for 6 weeks. This means I need to find creative means of exercising! Fun fun!

Goals

1. Work out before work for 25-30 mins.

2. Keep food log for longer than 2 weeks (2 weeks is my max so far)

3. Do all reading required for class! (most goals are repeats from last challenge! sad indeed)

Sadness Is Easy Because It is Surrender

http://twitter.com/#!/PsychoLoLCat

Ahh Today was... well in cold....Snow day from school and I am still out of work b/c of my surgery. Did do a little retail therapy with only one purchase. I love just walking around stores, sad for my husband but great for me :) I am looking forward to being able to go back to being active. I am going to start researching some yoga to start with b/c I have 7 weeks left of no hard work outs :( Only took one pain pill today (trying to get away from the pills that make me loopy!) Now I only take them when I really need them, so I consider that a success!

So overall about an hour worth of walking

a salad for lunch and chinese food for dinner (ahhhh I know :( bad) But just wanted to chill with my hubby and watch a movie and not cool or clean. Tomorrow looks to hold similar results but only time will tell :)

Those snow days tend to get to you. I know they sap the energy out of me. We've got weather here and 98% of my friends are out of work; I'm kind of glad I work for a slave driver (my dad :) ) & I'm still working. (Honestly, I don't know how it is where you are, but it's not really that bad here. I'm shocked people are out of work & everything.)

What kind of surgery? I had my hips replaced last year and the doctors had me up and walking as soon as possible and told me to jsut keep walking. Of course, I learned that I can pile on the calories faster than I can work them off with walking...but still...

Love your cat photo! I have ginger girl who loves her "tube of invisibility"...

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I see I should have been more specific" Lily Tomlin

Ahh went to the Dr and had the first set of my bandages removed. Its been one week since my surgery. It kinda awkward to talk about but ..here goes lol... My surgery was a breast reduction! It has been tuff...NM is use to below freezing or anywhere close to 0 weather and we have been hit hard. I am crossing my fingers hoping to keep gas and electric. The weather has really prevented me from doing any real walking :( I do get to drag my husband to some stores to walk around but that can only last so long lol. I now have the go ahead for some light yoga. Can anyone think of any poses that would be okay where there is little or no tension on the chest? I really want to do anything to help stay in shape! I watch my husband work out and pout and am jealous lol I am doing good with food mostly, ate a 1.5 slices of pizza for dinner but my victory was putting the second slice down halfway when I knew I was full! My husband has been looking alot into a "primal" diet. This is going to be difficult because I am a vegetarian but he said there is some info on a primal veggie diet but I still need to force myself to do some research. AHH this is a long post... Guess sitting around my house all day is making me miss people lmao Off to annoy the husband =^..^=

Congrats on the victory over the piece of pizza, I have a bad time with stuff like that, I think we were all raised to "not waste food" and that's where the problem always comes in. At least you and your husband are improving your lives together :D Neither my fiance or my family is terribly interested in eating better, at least not any longer than a week or so. I hope your recovery is as quick as possible, one of the girls I went to college had the reduction done and always said she couldn't have been happier about it so I hope the case is the same with you.

Let's do this damn thing already!

http://twitter.com/IceGenesis

Hope you can recover quickly. To echo what IceGenesis said. I know a few belly dancers who have had reductions (including a mother/daughter pair) and are all so happy they did it. I was a candidate when I first hurt my shoulder, but the insurance company blocked it. I still re-injure my shoulder easily and want to punch some insurance company people.

Ah today was a good day...mostly lol...ran around somewhat (maybe too much) I did make some homemade chocolate chip cookies ahh....I modified them a little lol...I added flax seed and used whole wheat flour they turned out good but I ate like 3 ahhhhhhhh I also used mostly organic stuff except for the butter (forgot about it lol) So they were yummy and my husband and friends enjoyed them altho they said I made them "hippy" cookies lol My husband made me breakfast today (so sweet!) Two eggs and two pieces of toast...so overall not too bad with food... Did get a little walking it... my husband and I decided to walk to Sunflower market from the bank instead of driving so It was a nice walk. The weather tripled in temp from yesterday :) Beautiful day, hope the weekend will be just as nice :)

Your cookies sound fantastic!

Good luck with your recovery -- I'm sure you will start feeling better soon. Have you tried indoor walking dvds? I love anything by Leslie Sansone -- and you can get them thru Netflix -- plus a zillion other exercise dvds so you never get bored.

What kinds of movement are restricted? Anything with arms over your head and straight out to the side? You can do tree without lifting your arms as a modification....and the warrior poses can be done without arms. How about cat/cow combo?

Hope it starts to warm up out there!!!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I see I should have been more specific" Lily Tomlin

I have never heard of indoor walking DVDs lol....I might have to see what they are about. The cold has left and NM is back to normal, YAY!! Diet wise I have been doing pretty good some bumps here and there but overall I would call it a success. Workout wise I would say "Fail" ...It is cold(NM cold lol) and don't enjoy walking in the cold. I decided on doctor's orders to take another week off work. No so sure how I feel about that... seems kin to tucking my tail between my legs but Oh well. I did get a few minutes of reading in yesterday nothing school related tho lol. My goal for today is to do some yoga poses! Oh, and do laundry!! Three cheers for laundry! "Horay, Horay, Horay" =^..^=

Well overall a somewhat productive/unproductive day lol.....

Got Zero laundry done ahhh... however for some reason I sorted my closet and got two bags worth of clothes to donate. It is hard for me to let go of clothes that have memories but I will still have the memories without the clothes.

Eating I have been somewhat naughty lol Sorta skipped breakfast :(...but I ate a brown rice bowl with tofu and veggies (so yummy) for lunch but I had cheese enchiladas for dinner...so good but so bad lol(I have a weakness for green chile). In my own personal victory I only at 1.5 out of 3 of the enchiladas and op'd to eat all the rice and beans. I believe I have beat out my mom's voice in my head that always told me to eat everything on my plate..VICTORY!!

I did my first work out today since my surgery and I would say it is a kinda victory....I got some resistance bands and did a 20 minute "desk" video off of Spark. I might have over done it a little but this is my start to getting back to my old workouts. Got some walking in today and hopefully some yoga before bed!

UGH laundry - my washing machine is broken AGAIN and we are waiting for a part to come - since the whole world is frozen and buried in snow it has been very delayed. Soon I am gonna have to go to the laundromat....

Great job on the closet, Faline - mine could use some work.

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

omg I wish I could toss all the clothes I have not worn in a year lol I have clothes from size 6 to 14 lol saving just in case I for some reason loose or gain weight..weird lol My husband is always trying to get me to do a one-for-one swap with new clothes and old clothes but it hardly ever works lol

Today was relatively good ..I did not technically workout today but I have had an actively exhausting day. I have been trying to stay an outline for a midterm that is due..well tomorrow... but alas I keep ignoring it lol....Any work that involves dragging out the DSM-IV TR is always put off to the last moment :) but I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow and going to class tomorrow night :)

I wish I could find the article but I remember reading something that promoted getting rid of old bigger clothes after losing weight to eliminate the mental option of gaining it back or something to that effect. I don't know if I believe it 100% but since I've been around the same size so long I really don't have anything way too big or small. I just have way too many clothes and need to clean out my closet I guess, and anything too loose or tight to be comfortable goes first.

I wish I could find the article but I remember reading something that promoted getting rid of old bigger clothes after losing weight to eliminate the mental option of gaining it back or something to that effect.

I've heard the same thing. Not sure if I really believe it either, but I know getting rid of my bigger clothes felt good for me.

With some clothes that have memories I find that giving them to a friend is easier than donating them. Another thing I've done is to take the sleeve off a shirt I loved and used it to make one of those rice filled microwave heat packs before putting the rest in the rags bin at work. (Since the shirt was falling apart donating it was not an option anyway.) I know there's other crafty options out there for worn down clothes with memories if you can think of them.

Another thing I've done is to take the sleeve off a shirt I loved and used it to make one of those rice filled microwave heat packs before putting the rest in the rags bin at work. (Since the shirt was falling apart donating it was not an option anyway.) I know there's other crafty options out there for worn down clothes with memories if you can think of them.

That's very true! I don't know how crafty you are but it could be fun for a few items that it's more about the fabric being special than the clothing itself, tons of tutorials online too

There's a fine line between pushing comfort levels so you get stronger and going too far. I haven't figured it out, yet. But I did learn that certain feelings while working out after surgery were not necessarily pain -- but scar tissue stretching.

Netflix has a great selection of in=home exercise dvds. Leslie Sansone and Denise Austin both do walking work-outs.

I am there with your cold- avoidance!!! That's one reason I was so thrilled that Fate brought us to SoCal.... we may not be socially forward, but we do have great weather.... most of the time -- and when it's "bad", I can always remember living in Buffalo, NY and down in TX and in the eternal rain of the Midlands, UK to get over any whinging....

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines