• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Amelia

Looking for person(s) to keep me in check!

Hello!

I'm looking for a person or two to hold me accountable n stuff. Basically subscribe to my log and comment once in a while (once a week or something) and I will do the same for you. That's it!

Thanks!

Amelia C.

p.s. I'm new here so if I'm doing this wrong, let me know.

Hey Amelia, Im looking for the same thing. If we can find 5 more people we can start one of those acounta-buddy group things. As for myself, it would keep me honest. Im game if you you are.

Great! Yeah, it would motivate me to write in my log everyday and to do better on my diet and exercise because I know I would have to write about it and other people would be paying attention to what I'm doing.

I'm down to start a group. You can come up with the name, though. I'm not good with those things lol

How about the "resoloutionary warriors" lol. Being that its the beginning of the year and resoloution season 'n everything. If the 6 week challenge is completed and goals met, maybe there should be a reward. Like everyone treats themselves to something they want to do. A concert, a tattoo, a trip, anything. Just something to motivate ourselves on days we feel like crap. Also it would make the next challenge that much easier to start and finish if everyone knew something awesome was waiting at the end of it. Just a thought. Whadya think?

I'm down. I just became a rebel today. Even did my first workout this afternoon. I really need the accountability to keep myself motivated so this would be great.

I like it! I already have a reward in mind for when I complete the six week challenge (and succeed!) I think for every six week challenge that I complete, I'm going to buy myself new workout gear. For this upcoming challenge I want these!:http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/26550W/61051/Womens/Barefoot-Run-Pace-Glove-Wide-Width?dimensions=0. What reward are you considering?

I'm in! let me know when you're starting a log or challenge thread. the more encouragement the better, right?

Welcome! Here's my log. I'll get more consistent once I do my first challenge. I'll make sure to subscribe to your log too!

I'm down. I just became a rebel today. Even did my first workout this afternoon. I really need the accountability to keep myself motivated so this would be great.

Welcome! Keep it up! I'll subscribe to your log, too.

That worksheet seems solid, might need to print this out and stick it to my wall when I go back home after holidays.

Ohohoh and I just thought of a reward for myself also! That idea certainly appeals to me... I'm going to be a total girl and buy myself a cartilage earring I've been wanting for a while if I can accomplish all my goals. It's just a stud that spells out a word - normally "love" but it's customizable - so if I can achieve what I want, the word could relate to that. Not quite as permanent or pricey as a tattoo, but suits me just fine.

I like it! I already have a reward in mind for when I complete the six week challenge (and succeed!) I think for every six week challenge that I complete, I'm going to buy myself new workout gear. For this upcoming challenge I want these!:http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/26550W/61051/Womens/Barefoot-Run-Pace-Glove-Wide-Width?dimensions=0. What reward are you considering?

Amelia, your confidence is contagous! Those are some nice looking shoes btw. If this were summer, my reward to myself would be getting a motorcycle endorsement on my licence. Being winter though, Im going to keep it indoors and buy an electric bass/amp. Can't wait! I was going to treat myself to Soundgarden tickets but they play too soon for this challenges' reward. The $125 a ticket didnt help either :/

I'm still trying to think of a reward for myself. I already got the big things I wanted for Xmas (ipad, winter coat, hot curlers) and I need to get my workout equipment now or I'll lose momentum using the excuse of not having the right stuff to do the job.

I'll come up with something.

I think for my reward, I'll treat myself by buying a couple of ebooks I've had my eye on (fastest way to my heart is with a book).

for keeping track of things, I'm using my Fitness Pal and Fitocracy... My Fitness Pal is the nicest for tracking calories and weight, but I think Fitocracy is a bit nicer for tracking my actual work outs. What about the rest of you?

Space Elf - Nice choice on the reward. What kind of ereader do you have? I recently bought a kindle and I really like it, even though it took some getting used to. I like fitocracy's workout breakdown with poundages and all. But as with any forum, ask 100 people a question, you'll get 100 different answers. Lots of knowledge and psuedo-knowledge contradicting eachother. Some good info can be sifted out though Im sure.

Amingley - As far as it went with me getting workout equipment, joining a gym was much easier as space in my house/garage is at a premium. If you're okay with the idea, every gym out there usually has really good deals after the 1st of the year. The large crowds of people soon dissipate around the last part of January. Just make sure to find one that you have to drive/walk by so its hard to avoid. Make your reward something awesome, like a christmass in February

That worksheet seems solid, might need to print this out and stick it to my wall when I go back home after holidays.

Ohohoh and I just thought of a reward for myself also! That idea certainly appeals to me... I'm going to be a total girl and buy myself a cartilage earring I've been wanting for a while if I can accomplish all my goals. It's just a stud that spells out a word - normally "love" but it's customizable - so if I can achieve what I want, the word could relate to that. Not quite as permanent or pricey as a tattoo, but suits me just fine.

Thats a good worksheet, thanks A. Hey Littlewings, Im totally with you on the no tattoo thing lol. Good luck on your challenge

I'm still trying to think of a reward for myself. I already got the big things I wanted for Xmas (ipad, winter coat, hot curlers) and I need to get my workout equipment now or I'll lose momentum using the excuse of not having the right stuff to do the job.

I'll come up with something.

Just some ideas - If you have any small hobbies or anything, (for me it'd be photography or cooking) any sort of equipment/new replacements or something would be fun to treat yourself to.

for keeping track of things, I'm using my Fitness Pal and Fitocracy... My Fitness Pal is the nicest for tracking calories and weight, but I think Fitocracy is a bit nicer for tracking my actual work outs. What about the rest of you?

I've actually just decided that I think instead o f simply tracking my sugar intake for my weight loss goal, I'm just gonna go paleo. With enough motivation, I think I can actually do it this time. Just gotta be careful with my grocery shopping, and that in itself will control my sugar habits. I wish NF's app was available on android!

And Porkchop, yeah for sure haha. I would probably chicken out on a tattoo, anyway. I also like your concert ticket idea, but they're so inconvenient here during the school year. Good luck to you too!! And to the rest of you as well. I'll put up my blog once January comes around and join in. :)

I have a netbook with a lovely bit of freeware on in called Calibre. Calibre handles all ebook formats and helps me keep my library organized. I hoard books, I am a book dragon... no! A Book Wyrm! The holiday spirit makes me punny.

so I hear that there some variation on when the challenge actually starts and that if we start on the 1st, it's going to be a seven week challenge or something. I'm still going to start on the first regardless, but is anyone thinking of starting the challenge later? or skipping?

Edited by Space_Elf

I have a netbook with a lovely bit of freeware on in called Calibre. Calibre handles all ebook formats and helps me keep my library organized. I hoard books, I am a book dragon... no! A Book Wyrm! The holiday spirit makes me punny.

so I hear that there some variation on when the challenge actually starts and that if we start on the 1st, it's going to be a seven week challenge or something. I'm still going to start on the first regardless, but is anyone thinking of starting the challenge later? or skipping?

Yes! I love it! I discovered pleasure reading reletively late in life. The result being an oxymoron of a guy named Porkchop who also loves to read, shrug. As far as starting on the first, Im game. If I wait or procrastinate, I'll lose interest and/or find excuses. Count me in. May the holiday spirit keep all of us punny, pliable and positive.