• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heidi

The Fellowship of the Thing: Brainstorming

Hi Fellows!

Post your thoughts here for the upcoming challenge. Discuss the goals and ups and downs of what your other Fellows have posted. In a word: discuss.

Foundation Stuff that I'm Continuing Forward

• Cigarettes: <5/day
  • Water >64 ounces/day
  • Biking 3x/week
  • Pilates 90 minutes/week
  • Weights 3x/week
  • Post battle log daily during the work week

New Stuff for this challenge

• Meditation 3x/week: this can include reading of the articles in Zen Habits
  • Drink (unsweetened) tea or water only for this six weeks.
  • Increase maximum plank by holding 5+ nights a week
  • No television except for Arrow on Thursday night with the boys (Nothing until January 16)
  • Saturday: Rest day
  • Clean my room

Some Legal stuff That I Can't Avoid Anymore

• DMV - this might take a whole day, but it needs straightening up. Currently scheduled for January 14-18.
  • Court Crap
  • Create a battle plan for debts. Post it to the Fellowship, even if you don't post it anywhere else. Honesty is good.

Edited by Heidi

Fitness:

• Karate 4x/ week

Life:

• Keep your room clean
  • Helpful attitude about chores
  • Do all homework
  • Be on time for school
  • Post progress to NF

Fitness

• Train Wing Chun 3 - 4 times a week for at least an hour
  • Increase front horse to 10 minutes
  • Do 2500 chain punches w/o stopping
  • Achieve 3:00 plank
  • Incorporate yoga into fitness routine for flexibility

Life

• Pay off all debts except House and Car
  • Pay Down Car Loan to 2/3( over the course of the year ).

Communication

• Post to NF at least 3x a week.

** others to follow **

Edited by since1963

The upcoming challenge will be six weeks long and will run (officially) from Jan 7 - Feb 17. At the end, if you have completed your challenge, you can choose anything in the NF Store as a reward. :)

And Since and I will be here along the way in case you have any questions.

Howdy, Arc! Welcome to the Fellowship!

If there's anything you want to add in, this is a great place and time to let us know.

Also, check out the Epic Quest section and add your biggest dreams and aspirations!

Ok, Fellows, here's a Micro Challenge.

We all have a list of things that we should do but haven't yet, so pick ONE that can be accomplished in a week.

Write your goal and then update us daily on your progress.

Remember, this needs to be something achievable in 7 or fewer steps, since you only have one week to get it done.

Ready, set, GO!

While I have enjoyed the holiday and family time immensely, it has led to a wholesale trashing of the house, though in a loving way. So here it is: CLEAN UP TIME. I know what my coming goals are, and this is needed to clear the way for success.

I started a wiring project in the basement, but is incomplete. It cannot be left the way it is because of potential safety reasons. Thus, I will finish it and patch the wall within the week. In addition, since I've already drilled the holes, I will install the car clothes hooks( w/o puncturing the airbag). If the earth was theoretically created in 7 days, I think i can get this done.

I started a wiring project in the basement, but is incomplete. It cannot be left the way it is because of potential safety reasons. Thus, I will finish it and patch the wall within the week. In addition, since I've already drilled the holes, I will install the car clothes hooks( w/o puncturing the airbag). If the earth was theoretically created in 7 days, I think i can get this done.

I don't even want to know what Clarkology is.

Simply put Clarkology is the study of the art of seamlessly throwing a friend under the bus while smiling and pretending to be funny, or it's country derivative, how to eat a size14 shoe like a vienna sausage. In fact Clarkology, is such a stealthy art that the person being thrown under said moving 4 wheeled vehicle doesn't realize it for at least 24 hours.

just sayin

House is de-chaosed from the Christmas revelry, and the toddler's room is neatened.

The hippie sweater got washed and blocked, and the blue sweater is nearly finished. Knitting supplies have been sorted and organized (again; this has to happen every few projects).

Kitchen counters, first wave.Dishes clean and put away, and some of the counter detritus marked for donation. Cabinet items marked for donation.

Basement: crayons, blocks, nerf darts all picked up. It's a start.

Awesome job Heidi. That's pretty encompassing given the amount oft time. As for me, the

car hooks are done. I believe that makes it complete. Now to get myself and my buddies stoked for the next challenge.

I finally made it back to the gym, and the bike was ever so glad to see me. 6.75 miles (30 minutes at level 5) was tough, but not killer, and I'm glad I didn't let it go any longer than I did.

I have an appointment with a friend to go tot he gym with me to help keep me on track.

Yesterday I did a plank for one minute, and tonight for 1:30. (and ok, it was hard!!)

I'm retooling my goals, choosing a few that are meaningful, sine I simply can't do everything at once, no matter how much I want to.

Forums for the new round are up, so post your goals and your battle logs accordingly, and keep fighting the good fight!

I finally made it back to the gym, and the bike was ever so glad to see me. 6.75 miles (30 minutes at level 5) was tough, but not killer, and I'm glad I didn't let it go any longer than I did.

I have an appointment with a friend to go tot he gym with me to help keep me on track.

Yesterday I did a plank for one minute, and tonight for 1:30. (and ok, it was hard!!)

I'm retooling my goals, choosing a few that are meaningful, sine I simply can't do everything at once, no matter how much I want to.

Forums for the new round are up, so post your goals and your battle logs accordingly, and keep fighting the good fight!

Awesome accomplishment given your recent physical situation.