Kenobi's 6mo Challenge 'To the End of the World...'

KENOBI!! WHat's up Bro! I see you are still rockin the pulls! Nice work! Hope all is well with you.

Haha, what up!  Well, I'm still trying to rock the pulls, anyway.  Had a bit of a challenge, but back in the saddle:  FO  SHO.  All is well, how are the "newly weds" doing?

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

OK - So I was able to FINALLY get out and begin one of the specifics for my 6month challenge...3 months into it, but anywho.

25meter 20rd Qualification Test (rifle, iron sights) using initial scoring as baseline.  Total Points Possible:  100 (5pts per shot)

Sunday 03/31/2013 - Initial Score:  77/100.

Did alot of outdoor activity with my family over the last three days.  This week is the official start to my training for the Dirty Dash.  :victorious:

Haha, what up!  Well, I'm still trying to rock the pulls, anyway.  Had a bit of a challenge, but back in the saddle:  FO  SHO.  All is well, how are the "newly weds" doing?

We are doing very well thanks! Mrs Empeg is working on Epic Garden 2013. 4 raised beds this year plus some squash and such along the fence. 

Next challenge I will start doing some parallette training. I am looking forward to that. 

OK - So I was able to FINALLY get out and begin one of the specifics for my 6month challenge...3 months into it, but anywho.

25meter 20rd Qualification Test (rifle, iron sights) using initial scoring as baseline.  Total Points Possible:  100 (5pts per shot)

Sunday 03/31/2013 - Initial Score:  77/100.

Did alot of outdoor activity with my family over the last three days.  This week is the official start to my training for the Dirty Dash.  :victorious:

That sounds pretty awesome! Target shooting is always fun. 

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Well I thought good ole' Murphy was going to "spit in my flintlock" as the old saying goes.  Woke up this morning to the wife and littlest one occupying my workout space (namely the living room).  Workout postponed until this afternoon.  Tom got his BeastMode on...MOTOWN STYLE.  Hahaha.  Had my Pandora Motown station rockin it out.  I made a spreadsheet modeled after the 20 Pushups breakdown.  Here is what I did today.  5 Circuits (per usual Tom protocol).  Decline Pushups, Lunges, Chins and Planks.  1.5 min rest in between.

D. Pushups Lunges Chins Planks 5 5 3 20sec 5 5 2 20sec 5 5 3 25sec 5 5 2 25sec 5 5 4 20sec

Dynamic warmup beforehand: 10min

Cool Down Stretching: 7min (after 1.5min rest).

^^^ Above supposed to look like my spreadsheet.  Funny, it copy/pasted perfectly, but didn't translate when I finalized the post...

Just read the numbers - left to right, I guess for numbers of reps and time of planks through each circuit.

Holding my head up high.  I was able to complete another workout.

Dynamic Warm-up (10+min)

Circuits (28 min)

Cool down stretching (7+min)

Total time: 45min

Pull Ups, Squats w/weight (roughly 55lbs), Pushups, Reverse Crunches

2, 5, 10, 10. w/ a 1.5min rest

2, 5, 15, 10. w/ a 1.5min rest

2, 5, 12, 10. w/ a 1.5min rest

2, 5, 10, 10. w/ a 2.5min rest

4, 5, 10, 10. w/ a 3min rest before doing cool down stretches

Epic soundtrack mixed on my Pandora station:  Hobbit, LOTR, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Braveheart, Star Trek(the reboot) were among the tracks selected.

So, thus far, nobody is wanting to take me up on being a part of "Team Gallifrey" for the 10k (approx) DIRTY DASH coming up in August.  I began soliciting early for team members so they would have ample time to start training, too.

So, I've come to a conclusion:

a)  i REALLY AM an asshole and the old Kenobi-meister is merely tolerated. 

B)  I have many mud-averse friends

c)  I have intimidated people with my level of awesomeness and badassery

d)  Nobody has the heart to say no to me

e)  Nobody wants to pay the $45 and/or its too early to commit (which i dont get when the fee goes up the closer you get to the race)

f)  a mix of all of the above...?

THIS Time Lord likes playing with others, I know I'll have fun and it'll be great that my wife and kiddos will be cheering their daddy along, but it'd be more enjoyable at least with one other team-mate.

--end rant/pity party--

Workout # 3 DONE.  Finally starting to build momentum...AGAIN!

Same workout (including warm up and cool down) format as Saturdays:  Pull Ups, Squats (w/55lbs added), Push Ups, Reverse Crunches.  Same epic soundtrack Pandora station playing in the background

3, 5, 15, 10

2, 5, 10, 10

3, 5, 10, 10

2, 5, 15, 10

3, 5, 11, 10

1.5 min rest between each circuit with a 2.5 min rest after circuit 4.  Reps 12 - 15 on circuit four I was REALLY pushing it.  When I began Circuit 5, "Theme for the Common Man" came on (sooo badass) and helped me man up during my final push up set.  8 was tough, 9 was a biatch, 10 was miserable, so I said F#$& THIS and did 11!

Done!

So, thus far, nobody is wanting to take me up on being a part of "Team Gallifrey" for the 10k (approx) DIRTY DASH coming up in August.  I began soliciting early for team members so they would have ample time to start training, too.

So, I've come to a conclusion:

a)  i REALLY AM an asshole and the old Kenobi-meister is merely tolerated. 

B)  I have many mud-averse friends

c)  I have intimidated people with my level of awesomeness and badassery

d)  Nobody has the heart to say no to me

e)  Nobody wants to pay the $45 and/or its too early to commit (which i dont get when the fee goes up the closer you get to the race)

f)  a mix of all of the above...?

THIS Time Lord likes playing with others, I know I'll have fun and it'll be great that my wife and kiddos will be cheering their daddy along, but it'd be more enjoyable at least with one other team-mate.

--end rant/pity party--

It's C!

Nice workout bro!

10Ks seem to be scary to people.  WIth a 5K you'd get a lot better turnout, methinks.  I arranged for a work 5K and got a ton of people but I had to repeat over and over again that they could walk the course if they wanted to do so.  Sigh.  Not everyone can be as awesome as those on this board. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

10Ks seem to be scary to people.  WIth a 5K you'd get a lot better turnout, methinks.  I arranged for a work 5K and got a ton of people but I had to repeat over and over again that they could walk the course if they wanted to do so.  Sigh.  Not everyone can be as awesome as those on this board. ;)

I guess so!  I did put a "note" on FB about the upcoming race, suggestions to get in shape.  I even plan on having Saturday 'team' workouts focusing on Sprints, Running, Stairs, etc.  Maybe just too much plus doing a 10k.  I've never done ANY type of run!  I'll make sure to post pics of the event when it happens in August.  Scouts..er..Assassin's Honor.  ;-)

BEASTMODE DEACTIVATED!!!!!!  Another workout down, another workout closer to the Dirty Dash, another workout closer to getting the flab off of me.

Decline Pushups (nice and slow), Lunges (weighted), Chins, Planks

5  5  3  25sec

6  5  3  30sec

5  5  2  25sec

7  5  3  25sec

6  5  3  30sec

Sets 1 - 3 had 1.5min rest afterward.

After set 4 I took a 1min 45sec rest

3min rest after Dyanmic Warmup and before Cool Down Stretches

Anything report worthy for the weekend?

Started reading a book called "Child of Vengeance", historical fiction novel based on Miyamoto Musashi (The Book of Five Rings).  Pretty good.

Oh...and I had a dream I was witnessing my own autopsy....  wierd?

BEASTMODE DEACTIVATED!!!!!!  Another workout down, another workout closer to the Dirty Dash, another workout closer to getting the flab off of me.

Decline Pushups (nice and slow), Lunges (weighted), Chins, Planks

5  5  3  25sec

6  5  3  30sec

5  5  2  25sec

7  5  3  25sec

6  5  3  30sec

Sets 1 - 3 had 1.5min rest afterward.

After set 4 I took a 1min 45sec rest

3min rest after Dyanmic Warmup and before Cool Down Stretches

Nice workout!

Anything report worthy for the weekend?

Started reading a book called "Child of Vengeance", historical fiction novel based on Miyamoto Musashi (The Book of Five Rings).  Pretty good.

Oh...and I had a dream I was witnessing my own autopsy....  wierd?

Yes that is a very weird dream!

Another workout done and crossed off!  Less than four months until the Dirty Dash.

I've planned out workouts every week, 3x per week and I'm averaging 2/week right now.  Not bad considering all the interruptions, 4 kids, a wife and you know...life.

The Epic Soundtrack station on my Pandora has really been doing it for me, so I kept it there for background noise.

Pulls, Squats (w/ 55lbs weight added), Push Ups, Reverse Crunches  - in that order as usual, sets are recorded below.  Also, same dynamic workout and cool down stretching times.  I added a sixth set today just for sheer badassery points, cause I needed to feel like a badass.  Oh, I keep forgetting to mention, with the weight added.  Its on a curl bar and I lift the bar, press it over my head and bring it down behind my head, do the squats and then reverse the process.  I don't have a squat rack.  Anywho...the circuit:

4, 5, 10, 12 - 1.5min rest

3, 6, 15, 10 - 1.5min rest

4, 7, 10, 12 - 1.5min rest

3, 6, 10, 10 - 2min rest

4, 5, 10, 10 - 2min rest

3, 5,  7,  10 - 3min rest (going into cool down stretches)

Just finished my post workout BROTEIN SHAKE!  BROTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN! AAAAAAAAAAH!  BROTEIN!

Sorry...don't know...where that came from...

:victorious: