Kenobi's 6mo Challenge 'To the End of the World...'

I'm not sure how I feel about the term brotein shake!

Nice workout and good job fitting it in with the family life.

Haha, thanks man.  Yeah, the Brotein thing is a joke/reference to a Planet Fitness commercial and an 'amateur' youtube video - both which talk about BROtein. Haha.  At the same time, I had Eric Cartman's "Beefcake" muscle gainer drink mix stuck in my head too, Eric screaming: BEEFCAKE!  BEEEEEEFCAAAAAAAKE!  haha.  so thats where all that came from.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Haha, thanks man.  Yeah, the Brotein thing is a joke/reference to a Planet Fitness commercial and an 'amateur' youtube video - both which talk about BROtein. Haha.  At the same time, I had Eric Cartman's "Beefcake" muscle gainer drink mix stuck in my head too, Eric screaming: BEEFCAKE!  BEEEEEEFCAAAAAAAKE!  haha.  so thats where all that came from.

HAHA! Okay that's funny then!

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Rock on, Kenobro.  When you coming back to the 6 week challenges?  Ever?

I do plan on making a return to the challenges.  Maybe at the end of my 'six month' journey, which would fit in perfectly I believe.  It would have the six week challenge ending the week of the Dirty Dash or the week right before.  Speaking of challenges...

So this week I was only able to work out ONCE.....once Johnny...once.  It was a good one (recorded earlier) but still...I am a bit cranky from not getting my beast mode on.

However, its a new week with new opportunities.

:victorious:

So, I'm back...  Last two weeks 'breaking' my son of trying to sleep with momma all night/not sleeping at all.  Kinda wiped me out the last two weeks and I thought this week was going to be another casualty.

However - I have this week and the next three weeks workouts planned, so I best get ta' steppin'.

Half day today at work, woooo!  Which gave me an extra opportunity to get the workout done in the morning.  And workout, I DID.

Normal 10+min dynamic warmup & cool down stretches after.

I used the bar with 55lbs to do my lunges today.  So I cut the number per leg down a bit since I was adding close to 30lbs more than I have been doing with the lunges.

Decline Push Ups, Lunges/Leg, Chin Ups and Planks in that order.

5, 2, 4, 30sec - 1.5min rest

6, 2, 3, 30sec - 1.5min rest

7, 2, 4, 30sec - 2.5min rest - had to change the littlest one.

8, 2, 3, 35sec - 2min rest

9, 2, 4, 35sec - 2min rest

15, 4, 5, 40sec rest - 3min rest then cool down stretches

Alright!  I plan on updating again friday with Pulls, Squats, Push Ups & Reverse Crunches.

See my peeps later.  As of Friday, it will be 3months to the date until the Dirty Dash!

Nice workout!

The boy sleeping without mom now?  Sounds like... well... hell, honestly!

Yeah....the lil Kenobi hasn't slept a whole night by himself since he was born....over a year ago.  It HAS been hell.  Kenobi is twitching, man, twitching!

However, we have been making progress and he's been in his crib, in his room, for almost three weeks straight.  First week was hard, second week was - meh - this week even easier.  He slept 7+ hours last night in his crib before waking up!

Holy crap there is LIGHT at the end of this tunnel....or is that a train?

Dynamic Warmup X 3 for the workout this morning, plus 3 sets of 3 pulls at the end of each 'set'.

25 Jumping Jacks

5 FBW Squats

5 FBW Lunges/Leg

10 Arm Swings

10 Hip Extensions

5 Hip Rotations/Leg (fence crossers)

10 Arm Circles Forward & Back (going from small to large circles)

10 Rotator Cuff Lifts/Arm

10 Forward, Rear and Side Leg Swings / Leg

10 Shoulder Dislocations

10 Pushups

10 Spidermans  (i missed the first set of spidermans, so only two sets of these)

3 Pull Ups

Thats the Dynamic Warm Up I normally do, without the Pulls.  I did this three times.

Off to work I go.

I figure progress is progress.  I plan on doing more pushups through the day.  Last friday I did, what, 110?  We'll see what I do today!

Glad to hear Kenobi Jr. is making a successful crib transition.  You are a stronger man than I... I would've cracked under the strain MONTHS ago.

Oh...hahaha...I've already cracked.  I'm just using duct tape to keep myself together.  To be a little more real with you, I haven't had any lovin' from miss kenobi in eight months now...I'm kinda losing my effing mind.  :miserable:

Oh...hahaha...I've already cracked.  I'm just using duct tape to keep myself together.  To be a little more real with you, I haven't had any lovin' from miss kenobi in eight months now...I'm kinda losing my effing mind.  :miserable:

Dude.  I've been there.  I think we went about a year before my wife was ready.  Deep breaths!  My thoughts are with you, sir!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Nooooooo!!!!!!!

Dude.  I've been there.  I think we went about a year before my wife was ready.  Deep breaths!  My thoughts are with you, sir!

Nnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

You guys are not making me want to jump into this whole kid thing. I am lucky if I can go 3 days!

Wow.  My hat off to YOU, sir, I believe you to be the stronger man.  I don't know what I'm going to do in this desert for another four months.  I can't train as much as I want because she occupies my training area early in the morning!  Otherwise, I'd just take out my 'tension' there!  haha

Nooooooo!!!!!!!

You guys are not making me want to jump into this whole kid thing. I am lucky if I can go 3 days!

You are lucky that you don't have to go more than 3 days!  Besides, I hear every woman is different in this area.  Well, thats what I heard at least.  Hang in there, bro, if Wolverine and I can (barely) hack it, so can you.  :-)

Well, in more positive news and in keeping with the "always try to do SOMETHING" theme I've got going (sort of).  I did 5 sets of 15 pushups yesterday, and 2 sets of 20.

I am noticing progress in my single sets of pushups.  Where I used to slow down with the last few reps at 15, I am now doing the same for 20.  Thats good. :victorious:  I'll take it!

Your numbers are really improving!  How are the pull-ups coming along?  I've been messing around with some high volume training... trying to get my numbers up.  I want to be able to bust out pull-ups like I bust out push-ups!

Nooooooo!!!!!!!

Kenobi is right, every woman is different but... be prepared.  We are definitely NOT in the minority on the dead bedroom issue.  Most of my friends have dealt with (or are dealing with) this issue.  That being said... it does get better and life does return to normal... eventually. ;)

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Well, in more positive news and in keeping with the "always try to do SOMETHING" theme I've got going (sort of).  I did 5 sets of 15 pushups yesterday, and 2 sets of 20.

I am noticing progress in my single sets of pushups.  Where I used to slow down with the last few reps at 15, I am now doing the same for 20.  Thats good. :victorious:  I'll take it!

That's cool. I haven't checked my max push ups in quite a while but I can do 5 sets of 20 easily although that doesn't always translate to max pushups. The last time I tested myself I was at 45. 100 was a goal of mine for a while but it wasn't really fun and I was kind of like eh. You can do pull ups like a mo-fo though where I can't even do 10!

Your numbers are really improving!  How are the pull-ups coming along?  I've been messing around with some high volume training... trying to get my numbers up.  I want to be able to bust out pull-ups like I bust out push-ups!

Kenobi is right, every woman is different but... be prepared.  We are definitely NOT in the minority on the dead bedroom issue.  Most of my friends have dealt with (or are dealing with) this issue.  That being said... it does get better and life does return to normal... eventually. ;)

I am under no illusions that this will go on forever and that things would not change if we had a child. I have also gone up to a week for one reason or another. Just saying, you guys are tough for holding out like that. Sheesh!

Pulls are just "there" right now.  I've come down in my max reps for the pulls, I'm still able to do 5 in a row, so 42% of my all time max (12).  Not too bad considering all things that have been going on.  The 'plan' in to continue working the circuit that I have and make it back up to that 12 (or beyond) rep area.  I think I can do it in the next three months, its just going to take hitting EVERY workout.

That's cool. I haven't checked my max push ups in quite a while but I can do 5 sets of 20 easily although that doesn't always translate to max pushups. The last time I tested myself I was at 45. 100 was a goal of mine for a while but it wasn't really fun and I was kind of like eh. You can do pull ups like a mo-fo though where I can't even do 10!

45 is BAD-EFFING-A$$!  As far as my pulls go, thanks, but the numbers have shrunk (see above response to Wolverine).  Keep at it, you'll get there!