Kenobi's 6mo Challenge 'To the End of the World...'

Oh...hahaha...I've already cracked. I'm just using duct tape to keep myself together. To be a little more real with you, I haven't had any lovin' from miss kenobi in eight months now...I'm kinda losing my effing mind. :miserable:

This probably isn't helpful... but I'm just coming out of the other side of that. I had a "sleep only" bedroom for over a year and a half after my son was born.

if you hang in there eventually scabs form over the duct tape and then it all just turns into scar tissue. By the time that happens you realize that you have a new best friend who make you smile constantly (the baby).

parenting : as fulfilling as it is exhausting

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

This probably isn't helpful... but I'm just coming out of the other side of that. I had a "sleep only" bedroom for over a year and a half after my son was born.

if you hang in there eventually scabs form over the duct tape and then it all just turns into scar tissue. By the time that happens you realize that you have a new best friend who make you smile constantly (the baby).

parenting : as fulfilling as it is exhausting

Thanks!  Nah, don't get me wrong.  Me and the boy have a great relationship.  Even if he can be a little C-blocker!  hahahaha

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Every little bit helps.  Boy am I tender today!

Wasn't able to workout yesterday, so throughout the day yesterday I did 160 pushups @ 8 sets of 20/set.

Also did 20 Pulls @ 4 sets of 5 Pulls/set.

Feeling good.

:victorious:

Every little bit helps.  Boy am I tender today!

Wasn't able to workout yesterday, so throughout the day yesterday I did 160 pushups @ 8 sets of 20/set.

Also did 20 Pulls @ 4 sets of 5 Pulls/set.

Feeling good.

Wow that is a sick amount of push ups. I used to do a ton like that. I haven't done that since last fall. The most I ever did was 200 in a day but that was only one time. 

Crazy amount of pull ups too!

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Wow that is a sick amount of push ups. I used to do a ton like that. I haven't done that since last fall. The most I ever did was 200 in a day but that was only one time. 

Crazy amount of pull ups too!

Thanks, man!  I am STILL tender today! hahaha

Then there is this:

At 6-9 and 260 pounds, Chara is one of the most intimidating athletes in the sporting world. He is extremely durable, tough, and smart, and although he turns 36 soon, he should be able to play elite hockey well into his 40’s.

At the Bruins strength testing session, he did 31 consecutive wide grip pullups. Chara is known around the league as a workout fanatic. “He is the most driven person I have ever seen to be the best,†his agent, Matt Keator, says.

31 consecutive pull-ups is an impressive feat for any human being, but it is even more impressive considering how long Chara’s arms are and how much weight he has to pull up each time. Chara also focuses a lot of his attention on a clean diet:

Chara is known for his discipline, and especially when it comes to his nutritional habits. He like his meats lean (ideally, rabbit), his potato baked (without any salt, butter, or sour cream), and his veggies steamed (no dressing). He will rarely, if ever, have alcohol (when he does it’ only one glass of red wine, and will only put caffeine into his body once every three weeks with one cup of cappuccino.)

Chara is a fitness freak, and he has the time to train extensively thanks to his profession.

Chara puts in 6-7 hours of training a day, which consists of cardio, weight training, agility exercises, hockey techniques, speed skating drills, film work, and conditioning exercises. Even after games, Chara will work out for an extra hour or two, working until well beyond midnight and keeping his fiancee in the wives’ room waiting for him to finish. Former teammate Marian Hossa of the Ottawa Senators said this about Big Z to NHL.com, “When he arrived in Ottawa, it was work, work, work. No one worked harder than ‘Z.’

While the average Joe can’t train like Chara (nor should he ever need to), it is always inspiring to read stories about the dedication of pro athletes to their craft.

boston_chara_300.jpg

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

I didn't realise you were up to your old shenanigans mr Kenobi. subbing fo sho!

Just trying to keep moving forward, Pat!  Good to hear from you, my friend!

Hot! Nice work bro! 

Thanks, man!  And that thing about Chara.....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!  I've got 2.5 yrs to go, I hope I look that good at 36!

Friday Morning weekly weigh-in:  180.6.  Dropped exactly 3lbs from last week's weigh in, which was 3.2lbs heavier than the prior.  So, over the last two weeks, my net is .20lbs gained.

Speaking of 20s....

Just completed my first set of 20 Pushups, going to chase the 160 again.  On an interesting note.  I am not as tender yesterday and today (following Wednesday's set) as I was on Tuesday and Wednesday (following Monday's set).  Improvement?

120 down.  All before lunch time.  For the sake of intellectual honesty, I did take a later lunch.  Lunch hour today was 235p - 335p MST.  Cranked the last set of 20 out right at the beginning of the lunch break. 

40 more to hit monday's numbers.

any more than that and it will be another all time record for my # of pushups during the day.

Nice work Kenobi! You are like a machine!

Thanks, man.  I'm trying to do whatever I can if I 'miss' a workout!

Looks like your pull-up obsession is taking a back seat . :)

Nonsense!  Well...ok, maybe.  ;-)

1 set = 5 Pulls & 1o Push Ups.

Took it 'light' today.

6 sets done throughout the day.

30 Pulls & 60 Push Ups.

<edit> roughly 3.5 hours later, I decided to do as many pushups as I could in one set.  Got to 25.  Not bad.  I'm thinking I could go higher if I had tried doing it without having done reps throughout the day, but its all good.

Total Push Ups: 85

Really not feeling it today....

However I've done 4 sets of 20 Pushups so far.  Going to keep going as long as I have some juice in me... and by juice I mean energy and not any sort of performance enhancing 'supplement'... ;-)

Well, I've got one month to go technically before the end of this 6month challenge.  A new 6week challenge is about to start and I've got two months now...TWO MONTHS to be somewhat ready for the Dirty Dash.  Lets review....

OVERALL:
  • Re-establish regular workout routine & habit.  (meh...somewhat.  I've been regularly doing SOMETHING every mon/wed/fri, last couple weeks the workout de'jour has been pushups)
  • Reduce body fat percentage.  (meh...don't know how to measure other than pics...need to review)
  • Maintain a food log for the first three months in order to identity poor food choices and trends and to adjust them.  (i did this for about two months and got bored....)
  • See marked improvement in the quality, intensity and performance of my workouts and incorporate new/challenging exercises. (By quality, I've noticed marked improvement in the technique/form of both pulls (shoulders not hurting) and push ups.)
  • Marked improvement in marksmanship skills through dry-fire practice and range tests primarily for rifle, secondly for handgun. (was able to get out to the range ONCE....)
  • Re-establish martial arts training. (not yet, but I have a friend who runs a local boxing club who is giving me a heavy bag, speed bag and double ended bag/ball WITH the stands too...so thats cool but not technically a goal accomplishment, gear does not = training)
SPECIFICS:
  • Max Pull Ups at 25 (or more) with minimum of 15 being performed during workout sets. (nope)
  • Max Push Ups at 50 (or more) with minimum of 30 being performed during workout sets. (25 is my max...)
  • Max Dips at 25 with minimum of 15 being performed during my sets. (nope)
  • Transition from Squats & Lunges to Pistol Squats and Back Bridges. (nope)
  • Max Plank time at 5min with 3min planks during workout sets. (nope)
  • 25meter 20rd Qualification Test (rifle, iron sights) using initial scoring as baseline.  (did the baseline test, that's about it)
  • 7yard 2rd test (handgun) using initial grouping as baseline, work up to 25yard 2rd test. (nope)
  • Get a training partner to help sharpen Philipino Martial Art & Jeet Kune Do skills.  (nope)
  • Marked improvement in upper body definition (which is where most of the remaining flab is).  (will have to consult pics)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am now pondering doing the 6 week challenge with the following goals in mind:

Do minimum of 2 full body workouts per week.

1 time a week minimum work cardio/endurance-type exercises:  mountain bike / sprints / running / gollum crawls

Hit 35 max Push Ups (that would be an increase of 10)

Thoughts, observations, suggestions?