• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hennagrrrrl

Hennagrrrrl's 28-Day Challenge

I'm not sure that's a legal question. They can ask if you have any health issues that would interfere with the basic job functions, but beyond that your health isn't their business.

Well, in the end it didnt' matter because I got the job!!! Woo hoo!! And I started today! I think it's going to be a perfect fit -- part-time, demanding but not too much so, lots of variety and lots of interesting people -- and schmoozing is part of the job! YEa! I won't be penalized for talking on the job!

Today's hours were a bit longer than anticipated, so I didn't bring a lunch -- ended up eating a fast food burger -- and much as I'd like to say it was horrible, I really like Jack-in-the-box burgers and it was damned delicious. TOmorrw, I'll bring a lunch that's much healthier.

I just finished doing a dvd called "Iron Yoga" -- and it really kicked my patoot! Although I was using only 1 lb weights, my muscles were shaking -- so I will definitely be able to use the dvd for a long time! Yesterday I tried using a weighted vest during my walking work-out and it really gave my legs an extra load!

2 lbs down this weigh-in. Hips and arm flab holding steady. But I'll take whatever victories I can get!

Weigh-in today was a bit disappointing: no weight loss this week, holding steady at 171. But I did lose an inch from my waist and hips so now I have 2 pairs of pants for work.... arm flab holding steady at 13"....sigh.

This week has been a bit crazy and I know I just have to learn to live with it because it's only going to get worse as the season picks up. I had two gigs yesterday -- managed to get in a half-hour dvd in the morning, but b/c I got there so early, I needed coffee and they had giant muffins...so I had a quarter each of the different kinds... did not need those calories. Then I was frazzled from driving out into the east county and home, got home around 6pm, just before hubby walks in expecting dinner. We had left-overs but this expectation that I will be making dinner at the drop fo the hat has got to stop.

Today I did my time at work -- and got a 15-min walk in this morning beforehand. But then I got a call from a bride who is getting married tomorrw and needs henna done today....and we planned on 3pm -- perfect -- lets me get home, coordinate my supplies and get out the door. Well, then she calls and says she needs to get her pedicure first and will call me when she' done.... 4pm now. And I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Talk about unproductive time -- I can't exercise b/c she could call at any moment and I'd have to shower and change in an instant. I can't go shopping b/c the moment I get the milk in the basket, I'll need to go and do henna. I can't make dinner b/c she'll call when I'm in the mid-phase and can't put things off to the side. The laundry is in. I kind of miss the laund-do-mat because it would be nice to do multple loads right now. Brother-in-law is in town adn I need to clean the house and wash all teh linens (in additon to the regular laundry) because he will be staying with us tomorrow night.

Jeez. Not feeling the family love right now.

I guess this is the end of the challenge.

When I started I weighed 174.5 lbs. I now weigh 170.

My waist was 34.5; it's now 31

My hips were not part of my original measuremnets but are now 40"

And my arm flab has held steady at 13"

I am quite pleased with my progress. I am now in a regular habit of alternating strength with cardio sessions for at least 1/2 hour 6 days per week. I wrote 10 minutes a day for 25 out of 28 days and I found a job.

I realize that the finding the job bit was probably 80% luck since I was chosen out of more than 100 candidates -- and I know one of them (she's not speaking to me now) -- and she was just as qualified if not more so than me -- but I think the daily writing helped me focus my goals and gave me an edge in the interview b/c I feel just a wee bit more verbally focused as well.

Any way, Thanks for all of your support!!!!

Go squad 7!!!