• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Tanktimus visits the Druids

Glad to hear the yoga is going so well, tank!  And hooray for muscle tone!!  Always exciting. 

Do you have a plan for the reading moving forward, something to get you started??

Thanks Hieradd. Rough weekend, didn't do yoga since Thurs, had another overage on calories. The good news is I didn't gain any wait since friday. Friday morning after the big dinner I went up, but Saturday I went down lower than I was thurs morning and Stayed there all weekend. I'm now down to 269.4, down 1.8 lbs since the challenge started. Didn't read either, I'll talk about it tonight.

It's tough to stay on track for weekends, for sure. It looks like you're making general progress though and I hope this week goes well for you too!

Good job on staying positive and finding something good out of it. My weekend was bad as well but as long as progress is being made then that is all that matter. Keep it up and I'm sure this week will bring better results :)

Got back on the wagon yesterday, did yoga and ate under my calories. My weight is still the same, but I'm not worried. I am intrigued though, this is the longest i've gone without a shift up or down in my weight. Maybe my body is adjusting to the new lifestyle. Going to keep watching what I eat and working out. Talked to my wife last night, we're going to start reading tonight.

Did Yoga again yesterday, it was even better than the day before.  My body is really getting used to the yoga. I sit down with the video on and I'm already mostly relaxed. I'm doing it toward the end of the day which is good, after I'm done I get so relaxed I'm ready for bed. Anybody else notice this?

It's amazing how quickly the body gets into yoga; for me every time I come back to it it feels so natural. Despite plenty of practice, the backs of my legs are still super tight, and I use a block for triangle pose every time. When you're practicing, don't think about how far into the pose you can get. Instead, focus on perfect form, and let your range grow naturally. Form, not range, is what will make you stronger while minimizing the risk of injury, so focus on doing it right, and deeper poses will follow!

Is LoseIt helping you with the weight loss? I have been using it (lazily) for a week. Was just wondering how the results for you have been. It seems to be spot on for me. 

Welcome to the Druids!

Your's is a perfect example of determination to keep moving. Well done on adjusting what you are doing and not letting your back stop you. Hope you soon build up enough strength on your back muscles that you are pain free.

How is it going with reading that book? Setting a goal that also depends on other people taking part takes a lot of courage. Hope you and your wife enjoy reading the book together.

Hey Tank!  Looks like you've been doing a good job of "getting back at it" :)  Can't wait to hear about that book, though!  Stop keeping me in suspense and read already!!

Still going well, just barely got in under my calories yesterday, but still under. Yoga wen't well again. Thanks for the encouragement.

How are you doing? Let us know! 14 days to go until the challenge ends... lets do this!

Also... if you get a chance join us during the mini-challenge. The Druids need your help!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/23952-mini-challenge-2-the-romans-are-here/

Okay, got lazy for a while, thanks for the encouragement. Went a couple of weeks without doing much, then I realized, "I will work out. My back feels better. I will lift." And yesterday, I did. It felt great, and now I'm good and sore (haven't lifted since the 17th of december, my back got sore the next day (not related to lifting) so I stopped and started yoga. So as of yesterday I'm back in the groove. I'll do yoga today to help with DOMS, and I'll probably go back and forth between lifting and stretching to close out the challenge. 

We aim to please....or is that annoy? :)  Glad to hear you're back to some lifting.  Hooray for your back being better!!  Have you made any headway on the rest of your goals?

@ Hireadd, not really, I completely dropped the ball for two weeks. The only thing I've kept up with is tracking calories, I'll have to go back and look to see how many day's I've gone overI stretched yesterday, it was my first time to do Yoga with DOMS, not fun, but the soreness did abate as I went through the routine.  I don't feel like I lost any flexiblity, but my quads were so sore it was hard to hold poses, and my feet hurt as well, always an issue during Yoga for me but especially when I've not done it for a while. I plan to lift again today after work, will probably update again on Monday.

Meh, two weeks is not the end of the world.  The awesome thing is that you're back putting effort into them, right?  :D  Will look forward to your next update!