• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Tanktimus visits the Druids

I agree 2 weeks is nothing... specially if you are recovering from a sore back. 

The important thing is that you are doing stuff again! Be sure to ease back into a routine... You are more likely to stick with it that way!

Glad to have you back! :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I wish my back was the reason I didn't work out for two weeks, the truth is I got lazy.  Lifted yesterday and did Yoga first thing this morning, already back to feeling good after workouts, DOMS seems to be gone. Had some trouble with Yoga this morning due to foot pain, it has been an issue with which I struggle, but that tends to go away if I strecth reguarly and creeps back when I don't, so it should be controllable.

Well, when I don't workout if pure lazy too... I blame it on work... but deep down I know the truth.

I guess yoga and mobility stuff is something you want to be doing regularly if it helps your foot pain. :)

Heck yea for no pain and even more win for muscle tone! Keep up the good work man! That is one of the best feelings in the world when you see the results of your hard work. 

Where is my book information?  Sigh.  I wanted vicarious reading.

Still, glad to hear you're up and going on the rest of your goals.  How did the weekend go?

Never cracked open that book, ended up where I started with weight, did not advance a level with the yoga dvd, and went over too many days on calories.  I'm lifting again three times a week, now I need to add in other exercise.  Not sure where I'll do the next challenge, but I'm not giving up.  Thanks to everyone who checked in on me this challenge, I appreciate it.

Never cracked open that book, ended up where I started with weight, did not advance a level with the yoga dvd, and went over too many days on calories.  I'm lifting again three times a week, now I need to add in other exercise.  Not sure where I'll do the next challenge, but I'm not giving up.  Thanks to everyone who checked in on me this challenge, I appreciate it.

You did well to maintain and at the least, get back to lifting again.  We're here for you, so just keep your chin up and get ready for the next challenge :D

Indeed -- there are a lot worse things that can happen in 6 weeks than you stay the same weight!  Maybe spend some time thinking about things that really inspire you, whether they are life goals or exercise goals or whatever.  Then you can craft a challenge around those things and WIN while you do what you love: always a great combination.

Indeed -- there are a lot worse things that can happen in 6 weeks than you stay the same weight!  Maybe spend some time thinking about things that really inspire you, whether they are life goals or exercise goals or whatever.  Then you can craft a challenge around those things and WIN while you do what you love: always a great combination.

I agree with Hiraedd!  After all, you told me a similar thing when I was in a slump with my workouts ;)

Thanks guys. @Gooddoug, you guys gave all the support I needed, the issue was I didn't log in at all because I waited till I got back on top of things so I wouldn't have to post that I'd been lazy.  In other words, the support was there, I didn't tap into it.  Hireadd and BlamedCat, thanks, I've been thinking about the next challenge, will probably head back to the adventurers and focus on endurance and strength again.

One of the things I've noticed about logging/accountability is that it is most effective when you report in when you haven't done as well. It's much harder to do than when things are going great, but it can be really helpful.

One of the things I've noticed about logging/accountability is that it is most effective when you report in when you haven't done as well. It's much harder to do than when things are going great, but it can be really helpful.

agreed.  We're not looking for perfection (even if we shoot for it). It's more important to be honest and assess the situation.  Then decide how to move on to level up.